Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What is Prayer?

The lack of proper communication

You are right, we need prayer to nourish our spiritual lives.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    The lack of proper communication with God in our Christian life can be a deficiency that prevents us from reaching Spiritual maturity.
    God system of communication is built upon prayer. There is no activity in the life of a believer which does not require a prayerful attitude—a prayerful dependence on and an expectation that God is at work and will work according to His purposes and leading.

Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me.”
    Faith for a committed believer is expressed in intimate, prayerful living.

Prayer is a key element in our Christian lives that leads to spiritual maturity. We must know and understand why we pray, how to pray, what to pray for, who to pray for, and when to pray. These key elements will help us to mature as Christians.
    abc

I live in PA and you can usually find me in the kitchen or the laundry room.
    Talking to God and communicating with Him so that we can grow our relationship with Him is a wonderful and miraculous thing, isn't it?

I read, The Power of the Praying Wife and my DH read The Power of the Praying Husband. The books made so much sense to us and had such an impact on our lives that we each (without the other knowing) gave them to another couple.

I gave the book to another wife-to-be and he gave the book to that woman's husband-to-be. The couple happened to be our son and his wife. They have been exercising what is taught in the books since the day they were married and sing God's praises for what they have because of the power of prayer.

Our DIL comes from a wonderful Christian family and her mom told me that they are so thankful for our son because he is the answer to their prayers. They have been praying
    for him since the day their daughter was born. Isn't that wonderful?

Quote Originally Posted by momsense View Post
    Talking to God and communicating with Him so that we can grow our relationship with Him is a wonderful and miraculous thing, isn't it?
    Yes it is a blessing from God, the gift of prayer.
    Welcome to the site
    abc

The Main Topics are:
    What is prayer?
    Why is prayer Important to us?
    Usages of prayer
    Elements of Effective Prayer
    Obstacles to Effective prayer
    How should we pray?
    Examples of effective prayer
    Some of you may want to improve in the area of prayer this year.
    Some may not know what to pray for or how to pray, and there is more
    It is God's desire for all of us to be effective in communicating with Him.
    It is my hope to give out what God has given to me.

Here is a brief introduction on what is covered in the paper:

All of us can learn something about Prayer, from Jesus and the Apostle Paul. Parents can learn about praying for their children. Husbands and wives can find new life together as they learn to pray effectively one for the other. It can reach every soul for whom we care and release in them a new realm of living in Christ.

Prayer is a very important part of Christian life. You should be interested in this topic to have communication with God.

My paper cover a deficiency in Christian living, which prevents many Christians from obtaining spiritual maturity. The deficiency is the lack of proper attention to Prayer, devotion to proper prayer techniques and inappropriate request of God.

Some of the many questions Christians ask about pray are; why should I pray? How do I pray? What do I pray for? Who do I pray for? When do I pray? These unanswered questions, hinder us from coming to full maturity. I have highlight the deficiencies in our prayers and prayer behavior, which will help Christians’ identify and eliminate these obstacles in their lives.
    We all want to come to full maturity in Christ.
    abc

I starting writing a paper on prayer and it is 80% complete. I would like to share in brief with all of you.
    The Main Topics are:
    What is prayer?
    Usages of prayer
    How should we pray?

All of us can learn something about Prayer, from Jesus and the Apostle Paul. Parents can learn about praying for their children. Husbands and wives can find new life together as they learn to pray effectively one for the other. It can reach every soul for whom we care and release in them a new realm of living in Christ.

Prayer is a very important part of Christian life. You should be interested in this topic to have communication with God.

My paper cover a deficiency in Christian living, which prevents many Christians from obtaining spiritual maturity. The deficiency is the lack of proper attention to Prayer, devotion to proper prayer techniques and inappropriate request of God.

Some of the many questions Christians ask about pray are; why should I pray? How do I pray? What do I pray for? Who do I pray for? When do I pray? These unanswered questions, hinder us from coming to full maturity. I have highlight the deficiencies in our prayers and prayer behavior, which will help Christians’ identify and eliminate these obstacles in their lives.
    abc

Any one have a question concerning prayer?
    Do you need support in praying with a prayer group or team?
    I am here to help
    abc

I would like to share in brief with all of you.
    The Main Topics are:
    What is prayer?
    Usages of prayer
    How should we pray?

Some of the many questions Christians ask about pray are; why should I pray? How do I pray? What do I pray for? Who do I pray for? When do I pray? These unanswered questions, hinder us from coming to full maturity. I have highlight the deficiencies in our prayers and prayer behavior, which will help Christians’ identify and eliminate these obstacles in their lives.[/FONT]
    abc

Some of the many questions Christians ask about pray are;
    why should I pray? How do I pray? What do I pray for?
    Who do I pray for?
    When do I pray?

These unanswered questions, hinder us from coming to full maturity.
    I have highlight the deficiencies in our prayers and prayer behavior, which will help Christians’ identify and eliminate these obstacles in their lives.

any questions?
    abc