Thread: Discipline Tips

Thumbs up Discipline Tips

I've never started a thread before. In fact, I've had a hard time being consistent to the forum. Hopefully, I"ll be a regular on Saturdays until school is out, then more often in the summer.
    Anyway, I also joined a writer's forum--hints and things about writing (from authors and publishers). A gal by the name of Brenda Nixon, a parenting speaker and the author of a book called "Parenting Power in the Early Years" asked me to let you know she offers FREE discipline tips to any of her subscribers, which is free, too.
    I'll just copy and paste what she wrote me. Since my kids are past that stage, it would be interesting to hear from you gals if her tips work. Try them and see.

"Anyone interested in receiving a tip or encouragement to help in their daily encounters with kids, can go to my site www.brendanixon.com and click on Daily Discipine Tip. The service is free and moms can unsubscribe anytime."
    Brenda Nixon
    Author, Speaker

Do you think it is O.K. for a step-mother to give bare bottom spanking?

How old is the kid in question, akk, and how long has the step-mother been in his life?

Any kind of discipline with a stepchild is a difficult issue. I am lucky that I have not had to personally face it but know from my friends some of the difficulties they have had.

I do favor spanking--and think that spanking on the bare behind is most effective.-and this is pretty much the only way I spank mine. If I was a stepmother--it would be my goal to be able to use spanking, preferably bare bottom, as part of my discipline --EVENTUALLY--and that is the catch

But before a step parent does that or any other type of discipline they must be accepted by the child. Tha is the tricky balancing act--want to be accepted--but hesitant to discipline. Of course--the stepchildren will take advantage of that quandary in time. So it is a tricky balancing act.

Becky

I agree with Becky. If there is hostility in the relationship, spanking will excerbate the hostility. On the other hand, if there's a lot of love and good communication to begin with, it can actually make the relationship stronger.

Hello Christian moms out there.
    Does anyone want to chat?

Discipline Tips

I see from my subscription copy of Practical Motorhome that they have started offering Tips for a Tenner.

Any original tip for other readers that they publish will be paid £10 obviously.

Could be worth getting in there

MalW

I gotta be honest here. I'm not a step mom and i am still married to my kids dad and have been for almost 17 yrs. But if we ever got divorced and he remarried and their step mom spanked them. It would not be pretty for that woman at all, ther eis no way i would allow another woman to spank my child ever I don't care if she was the step mom.

I don't believe in spanking under any circumstances ever esp bare butt there's no point to it. I've said this numerous times on this board. I rarely yell at my kids anymore. The are people with emotions, feelings, thoughts, and are no different than us I don't want anyone spanking me or yelling at me.
    Heather

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anais Nin~

ďBe who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.Ē ~Dr Seuss~

Smile humphy

Well, I dont remember how it happened with me, but with my sister she just started doing it and my mom found out. Although she was very upset! But I will tell you one thing, talk about it with her first! Once you start shaving your legs your hair gets thicker and uglier. Trust me. Dont shave if you dont have to! I wish i didnt have to.... it takes up alot of my morning time!

I red your comment.Well nice information sharing,i must say I am really pleased to see such article sharing at the community.Many people are just start the activity as craze,but the information that you have shared is must known to them.Please try to share more articles like this one,that is really superb.
    Thank you for sharing such nice post.

I just got Secrets of the Baby Whispers for Toddlers out from the library. I haven't read it yet but it sounds from reading just the back of the book yet, very much what I would support doing to support the development of young children.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Romans 5:17-18 (New King James Version)

17 For if by the one manís offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
    18 Therefore, as through one manís offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Manís righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

It's been YEARS since I've been here. Just found this place again. I hope it's not a board that advocates spanking and the misguided notion that the bible commands it.
    Last edited by Ajani; 05-05-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    Homebody Mommy to two blessings. They were born at home and are schooled at home.
    2004 2007

Like all fellowship some here believe in spanking and others do not. We have had several discussions on spanking on different threads here, but no I would not say the board itself is one that advocates spanking, but the board provides a place where we mothers are free to discuss each other's different perspectives and beliefs on this and other issues concerning parenting in today's world. Hopefully as is the reason for godly fellowship we are able to learn from one another and help each other through the Christian motherhood journey we are all on. Some who have joined in conversations feel very strongly for spanking, others feel very strongly against spanking. And still others are somewhere in the middle somewhere where they believe it can be effective if done lovingly and after prayer, not for spanking in all circumstances or all ways, (such as some against bare butt, but OK on diapered bottom etc. etc.) and some have said it should be used only as a last resort when all else has failed. Many people have expressed differing beliefs and views on this issue here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Romans 5:17-18 (New King James Version)

17 For if by the one manís offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
    18 Therefore, as through one manís offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Manís righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

It can get quite heated can't it? I did find the last discussion we had about spanking to be quite helpful. I think ( for me at least) that it really brought home the need for Godly wisdom in this and all areas.
    Blessings

I do not believe that a step-parent should spank. That is the responsibility of the natural parent.
    I spank my own kids on the bare bottom,but only for very serious offenses.