Thread: November 2002 Mom of the Month, Bobbi

Blog Entries

November 2002 Mom of the Month, Bobbi

Hi. My name is Bobbi. I am 24 years old and having my boys (twins) changed my life. At 7 months pregnant, I began early labor. I rushed to the hospital - where they were able to stop the contractions, thus began my 3 months of bedrest. I went to the hospital 5 times trying to have my boys. The 5th time, they rushed me in for an emergency c-section because baby "b"'s (Joey) heartrate had dropped. When they pulled Bobby out - he was a lot bigger than expected (7lbs 13oz) and was screaming bloody murder! When they pulled Joey out he was big (6lbs 9oz) but he was blue and wasn't crying. He wasn't even trying to cry. His first apcar score was 2 and his second was 4. He was put on a respirator for 5 hours. He finally began breathing on his own, but then he began having seizures. The doctors could not find the reason behind the seizures, but they got them under control after several days. Joey ha! ! d several MRIs showing brain damage

He is now 5 months old and doing excellant. He hasn't had a seizure since about 5 days after he was born. He is off his medication and he is meeting every milestone for his age and then some. He is even outdoing his brother in the eating department. He eats out of a spoon like he has been doing it all along! Prayer works! We have complete faith that our little Joey has been completely healed!

Praise God!

Congrats Bobbi. Gos never gives us more than we can handle, and only a select few of us are deserving of twins.

I Asked God

I asked God to take away my habit.
    God said, No...It is not for me to take it away, but for you to give it up.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, No...His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary
    I asked God to grant me patience.
    God said, No...Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.
    I asked God to give me happiness.
    God said, No...I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.
    I asked God to spare me pain.
    God said, No...Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
    I asked God to make my spirit grow.
    God said, No...You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
    I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
    God said, No...I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.
    I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me. God said,
    Ahhhh.....finally you have the idea.

Congrats Bobbi. God never gives us more than we can handle, and only a select few of us are deserving of twins.

I Asked God

I asked God to take away my habit.
    God said, No...It is not for me to take it away, but for you to give it up.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, No...His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary
    I asked God to grant me patience.
    God said, No...Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.
    I asked God to give me happiness.
    God said, No...I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.
    I asked God to spare me pain.
    God said, No...Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
    I asked God to make my spirit grow.
    God said, No...You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
    I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
    God said, No...I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.
    I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me. God said,
    Ahhhh.....finally you have the idea.

Cool Thanks

Thank you so much for that. It is so true. Joey and Bobby are 7 months old (a week shy of 8) and doing wonderful!!! Bobby is already standing up and Joey is still meeting all the milestones for his age and then some. He is a very smart child.

I got that poem you posted from a dear friend of mine - it is very eye opening isn't it.

Thank you and God bless.
    "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

You may never know.

My daugter was born almost 19yrs ago. Just a few hours after birth she began to seizuring. To make a long story short, we went through many tests, lab work and trips to different hospitals and doctors. When she was about 6 wks I had taken her to a hospital for another EEG. Feeling very scared and alone (not getting any anwers) sitting in the waiting room for the nurse to call us in, I began to pray. No one could tell me why our daughter was having seizures(sometimes 16 a day). Why is something so small and beautiful and loved so much so sick. I started crying, then I began to pray. Lord help me to accept that my baby may be sick and that you have control and I need to let go. I couldn't change anything. To take one day at a time. We had been told, she would be slower than her classmates, that they really didn't know what the future holds for her. Well, as I was praying I opened my eyes to see a bible lying beside me. As I opened the bible up, God said to me. I will never put more on you than you can handle. I trusted that.
    Still to this day, we don't know why she had seizures but she has done wonderful. She excelled in school. Cheerleader, Highschool Queen, held many offices in clubs, is in her 3rd semester of pre-med, and most of all, is one of the finest christian women and my truest best friend. So give it up, God had control. I still don't know why but, he sure got my attention and I thank him.

Smile

That is WONDERFUL! I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well. I have always thought that Joey will one day attend medical school and become a doctor to find out what caused his seizures....maybe your sweet daughter will!

We just went back to the neurologist for Joey's 9 month check up and the doctor reported that he is 100% normal and there are no evidences of any delays or cerebral palsy!!! God is so good. He answers prayers and heals! Thank God for the lessons he has taught me and my family through this situation, and thank God for healing my little Joey!

Thank you guys for all your prayers and the honor of naming me November's mom of the month.
    "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

RCASTRO

BOBBI

PRAISE GOD I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK WITH YOUR BOYS! PRAY IS POWERFUL.

PRAISE GOD IS RIGHT!!

HI BOBBI Read your story about the twins!-WOW - no doubt that prayer does get answered!! I am so happy for you-It is not really amazing what GOD CAN DO! People say it is amazing but then--he is GOD-He can do what he wants!! GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY SUSAN
    SUSIE Q

feedrip09

November 2002 Mom of the Month Bobbi

I wasnt thinking of it as a one time thing...but more of a continuous goat ball sucking life style. Where as, if I had to labeled as gay I would always have the option of not having sex.....