The Book of James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.christianmom.com/forums/s...-Book-of-James

It is the book of practical Christian living. I read it, I understand it, but I am having a hard time trying to do it. It is like a block when it comes to doing it. I can do the simple stuff. Some of it is hard to just simply do. God says in his word be a doer of the word. In the summer I tried to get a break from school and most things. I am trying very hard to move forward with the reading, understanding and doing what James' is talking about. Surface stuff I see. I am praying for the depth of the word.

What is it really telling us to do? Knowing that I am complete in Christ I don't have an excuse. In Christ we can do all things. Sometime I get stressed just trying to implement God's plan in my life as it is told to me in his word. Sometimes I block things out, not intentional, but it just happen that way in the natural. So maybe there is something out there a book, or knowledge of someone who is living it. So where do I start, got any ideas.

Start at the top.

http://www.christianmom.com/forums/s...-Book-of-James
    The Book of James will change your life.
    abc

Comment

• Reading the introduction is the answer to a lot of questions.
      • How should this change my life
      • A place for you to open your heart and express your thoughts, goals, commitments, and prayers.
      • Record of God's transforming work in our life.

This is a spiritual journey that I wanted to experience, taking paths through the Bible and experience God closer and personal. "No more secondhand knowledge."
      The Author is talking about taking a pilgrimage through the book of James, where we are challenged to exhibit Living Faith.
      She state that the main theme of James, it is believed to have been the first book written in the New Testament, James wanted the readers to understand how to live what they believe. "Am I living what I've learned?" Good question, my question as well.

This is going to be a good one. I will share with all of you how God is moving in my life during this experience with the book of James. Everyone is invited to share with me. Please pray that it is a blessing for us. Any one care to joins feel free and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Thank you Laurie for your help truly God has bless me with you.
      abc

Comment

• Father, You have power over sin and death. Give us strength to let go of temptation and look to you.

The Wrong Way - There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12
        Satan has clever strategy on unsuspecting Christians. He takes advantage of the appetites of our flesh, hoping we will grasp the enticing temptations he puts in our path. If we refuse to release the alluring bait, we will be unable to escape Satan's trap. Our evil desires cry out. "Don't let go! Hang on to this pleasure for as long as it will last!" If you are clinging to sinful practices that are destroying your testimony and preventing you from growing in grace, "Drop the temptation!" Get out of Satan's trap before it's too late. James has unmasked our true enemy who tempts us. Now he continues to explain the power of our own sinful desires.

(v. 15): Then, when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The success of corruption in the heart: (v. 15) Then, when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; that is, sin being allowed to excite desires in us, it will soon ripen those desires into consent, and then it is said to have conceived. The sin truly exists, though it be but in embryo. And, when it has grown it its full size in the mind, it is then brought forth in actual execution. Stop the beginnings of sin therefore, or else all the evils it produces must be wholly charged upon us.
        Sin is a process that begins with the conception of evil desires and ends in death. Our desire, yielding to sinful desire, sin develops over time and the end result is death.

Desire - literally means "lust" - a longing for what is forbidden or an intense craving or need. Desires can be dealy. Before you yield to desires, consider where they may lead you. "There righteousness of the up right delivers them, but the unfaithful are trapped by evil desires" Proverbs 11:6
        Conceived -To conceive means to take into one's being. Physical conception occurs by taking in male seed: intellectual conception comes by taking in thoughts emotional conception brings with taking in a desire for good or evil. "They trust in empty words and speak lies; they conceive evil and bring forth iniquity" Isaiah 59:4
        The final issue of sin, and how it ends: (v. 15): . . . . .; Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. After sin is brought forth in actual commissions, the finishing of it is its being strengthened by frequent acts and settled into a habit. And, when the iniquities of men are thus filled up, death is brought forth. There is a death upon the soul, and death comes upon the body. And, besides death spiritual and temporal, the wages of sin is eternal death too. Let sin therefore be repented of and forsaken, before it be finished. Why will you die, O house of Israel! Eze. 33:11. God has no pleasure in your death, as he has no hand in your sin; but both sin and misery are owing to yourselves. Your own hearts’ lusts and corruptions are your tempters; and when by degrees they have carried you off from God, and finished the power and dominion of sin in you, then they will prove your destroyers.

Stillborn - James uses the imagery of childbirth to depict the birth of sin. Desire is the "mother" who conceives a child, "sin." Giving birth to a child is a painful experience that is transformed into joy; giving birth to sin is a seemingly pleasurable experience transformed into grief and death.

Step-by-Step - Sin is a four-step process resulting in death:
        1. Desire: we experience a strong compulsion to have or do something we should not:
        2. Deceit: we justify our desire
        3. Design: we consciously plan to satisfy our desire
        4. Disobey: we disregard God's Word to gratify our sinful urge.
        Full Grown - Sinful behavior can make us adult-sized sinners while godly behavior will make us full-grown saints. We should no longer be children tossed to and fro, . . . . But, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into him who is the head -- Christ" Ephesians 4-14-15
        New Life - As surely as sin gives birth to death, repentance gives birth to new life. Resurrection is just a prayer away. "Those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone.. A new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
        Let us end with this thought. Sin may open bright as the morning, but it will end dark as night

abc[/FONT][/SIZE]
        abc

Comment

• Spread the Good News

I am writing this letter to encourage all of you to sow the Good News of the gospel in your areas. I know you do and it is my prayer that you continue.
          Studying the book of James he is talking about making trials count.
          “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of you faith produces patience” So I am encouraging you to count it all a joy, even though it is hard at times. I encourage you to exhibit behavior that reflects our beliefs.
          “Faith that doesn’t show itself by good deeds is no faith at all it is dead and useless”
          Be encourage to reflect our belief to others. He also tells us to use our speech to bless others. “Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. I encourage you to use your speech to bless others. In James 4 and 5, he talks about conflict, which is cause by our own human desires for pleasures. Remember to tell other to examine the quality of our faith in terms of attitudes and actions. Living faith will produce real changes in your brain as well as your behavior.

James teaches us to be a doer of the word and not just hearer only.
          Last edited by abc; 09-21-2011, 07:53 PM.
          abc

Comment

• Want to Study the Word, Try it

Lord, we thank You for what You are doing in our lives.
            Lord, we pray that we received this Word from You and let it work in us.
            Lord, let your Word go forth and clean up where we are dirty.
            Lord, let your Word teach us how to walk in Your ways
            Lord, let us speak for You, that somebody be saved.
            In the name of Jesus. Amen

3. Do You Speak?
            Father, help me to bridle my tongue, by my words, reveal to the word that I have a relationship with you. Keep me mindful that religion without relationship is worthless. Amen

Pleasing Words - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
            Our words expose whether we are compassionate or critical; loving or hateful; generous or greedy. The Bible teaches that our words loudly proclaim the condition of our hearts. It has been estimated spend one-fifth of our lives talking, speaking at least eighteen thousand words per day. James reminds us to ask ourselves, 'What do I speak?" The words we say reveals whether we are righteous or merely religious.
            If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceivers his own heart, this one's religion is useless. James 1:26
            Religious - To be religious means to be pious concerning ceremonial observance to carefully participate in the outward rituals of religious service such as liturgies and other ceremonies. The apostle Paul used the same root word to describe his former life as a Pharisee.
            Bridle - A bridle is "anything that restrains, like the head harness of a horse" (Webster's). While it is impractical to put a physical bridle on our mouths, it is smart to put on a mental bridle. "Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit" (Psalm 34:13.
            Godliness - Godliness speaks of piety or reverence toward God. More than religious profession, it is the power of a vital union with God that results in godly speech and conduct. "But you ….pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness" (1 Timothy 6:11)
            Lord we thank You that the Bible teaches that our words loudly proclaim the condition of our hearts.
            Lord, let us examine our hearts and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
            Lord, let us bridle, restrains, our mouths and keep our tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit"
            We pray this prayer in Jesus name, Amen

There is more on this topic above
            Read the study if you like.

Start at the top
            abc

Comment

• Read along, daily and you will find great joy in the word of the Lord.

Originally posted by abc View Post
              Second night with James, James is talking about count it all joy when you fall into various trials. James 1:2.
              I have been going through a lot of problems, and problems. The author tells us that people with no problems are in the cemetery. The Bible tells us to expect trails, it say that you will experience trials. Trails come in all sizes, shape and are designed to fit our individual circumstances. God uses them to test our faith. James says' knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:3
              I am not ready to be with the Lord, so I will have to endure the trails to receive Joy. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while 1 Peter 1:6 NLT
              Lord help me to change my mind about the trials and they won't matter. Lord teach me that trails are a question of mind over matter. I ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ .
              If you have any thing that you would like to share please do so.
              abc
              abc

Comment

• Women Walking Together

I am thankful that God moved in the meeting and for you that were able to attend the meeting on Thursday night. I wanted to write a brief summary of what took place for the ones who were unable to attend. We look forward to meeting with you at our next meeting. These meeting are designed to help with walking and living a Christian life, one life not two, for the ladies who were there you know what I mean. We have begun to move to the next step in this journey and we are starting with studying the book of James and would like if more of you would join in with us. Everyone who came, came expecting and to receive and take away something and God fulfilled their desires.

Agenda 11/01/2012
                1. Welcome
                2. Coffee/Water/ Refreshments
                3. Introduction
                a. What did you expect the meeting to be?
                b. What would you like to take away?
                4. Prayer
                5. Demonstration of how I came to walk with Christ
                a. I was looking for the starting point and God gave me this scripture
                i. King James Version Hebrews 6: 1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this will we do, if God permit.
                b. I have a fear of drifting and with that fear it keeps me pressing toward the mark. . . I don’t want to turn back, look back, slide back, or drift away. So I do all in my power to read, study, communicate with my savior. Because this scripture says pay attention or you will drift away.
                i. New International Version (©1984) Hebrews 2:1 we must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
                6. Living one life not two Spirituals including the Natural Life, we tend to have two lives Spiritual and natural.
                a. They are both, one life and we have to balance and manage them as one and not two.
                i. Spiritually I am required to go to church (you are require to work God on Sunday)
                ii. Family (develop and documented plan to grow your family)
                Plan for you and your children, husband etc)
                iii. Career and education, for my people parish for the lack of knowledge.
                iv. Financial – God has made of stewards over our finances.
                v. Emotionally (develop a relationship with Christ and you will establish relationships that will last a life time)
                vi. Physical/Health (eat proper foods, drink water, take vitamins and exercise, keep your regular appointments.

7. Some take always were;
                a. To leave with all my heart full of love, hope and beauty
                b. Continue to pray for each other for protection
                c. Strength, Joy, Ability to inspire my sister in Christ, Love and happiness
                d. Needful and helpful information

8. Some of the expectation were;
                a. Safe place to worship and grow
                b. A place of comfort, ability to talk about real issues
                c. Soul searching, enlighten
                d. Being with family and friends

I am thankful that God moved in the meeting and for you that were able to attend the meeting.
                Designed to help with walking and living a Christian life. We have begun this journey and would like if more of you would join in with us. Come expecting and take away God’s desires for you.

After the 5th day of the reading assignment email to all of us your thoughts.

Love you much.
                Last edited by abc; 11-02-2012, 10:10 PM.
                abc

Comment

• Sisters,
                  I greet you in the name of Jesus, I am going to be meditating on this scripture tonight.
                  Please pray with me as we go into this next verse.
                  James 1; Verse 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
                  I love you all with all my heart, so many prayer request is coming in and so many matters that the Holy Spirit is leading me in doing. So pray with me and I will continue James on tomorrow. Pray that the Lord continue to fill our cup. Let it over flow with love.
                  I just want to be a doer. So I give God my best in all that he lead me and giveth me to do for his glory.
                  abc
                  abc

Comment

• God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

And Jesus Christ, is his only begotten Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

The third day he rose again from the dead:

He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

He shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

Jesus has sent to the comforter, Holy Ghost:

We shall fellowship with the holy christian church and communion with the saints:

Jesus died and rose for the forgiveness of sin

We will be resurrection and have life everlasting. Amen.
                    abc

Comment

• Second night with James, James is talking about count it all joy when you fall into various trials. James 1:2.
                      I have been going through a lot of problems, and problems. The author tells us that people with no problems are in the cemetery. The Bible tells us to expect trails, it say that you will experience trials. Trails come in all sizes, shape and are designed to fit our individual circumstances. God uses them to test our faith. James says' knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:3
                      I am not ready to be with the Lord, so I will have to endure the trails to receive Joy. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while 1 Peter 1:6 NLT
                      Lord help me to change my mind about the trials and they won't matter. Lord teach me that trails are a question of mind over matter. I ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ .
                      If you have any thing that you would like to share please do so.
                      abc[/SIZE]
                      abc

Comment

• Read this one and start at the top.

Originally posted by abc View Post

It is the book of practical Christian living. I read it, I understand it, but I am having a hard time trying to do it. It is like a block when it comes to doing it. I can do the simple stuff. Some of it is hard to just simply do. God says in his word be a doer of the word. In the summer I tried to get a break from school and most things. I am trying very hard to move forward with the reading, understanding and doing what James' is talking about. Surface stuff I see. I am praying for the depth of the word.

What is it really telling us to do? Knowing that I am complete in Christ I don't have an excuse. In Christ we can do all things. Sometime I get stressed just trying to implement God's plan in my life as it is told to me in his word. Sometimes I block things out, not intentional, but it just happen that way in the natural. So maybe there is something out there a book, or knowledge of someone who is living it. So where do I start, got any ideas.

Start at the top.

abc

Comment

• Read this one and start at the top.
                          abc

Comment

• God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

And Jesus Christ, is his only begotten Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

The third day he rose again from the dead:

He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

He shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

Jesus has sent to the comforter, Holy Ghost:

We shall fellowship with the holy christian church and communion with the saints:

Jesus died and rose for the forgiveness of sin

We will be resurrection and have life everlasting. Amen.
                            abc

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post

What is it really telling us to do?
                              Knowing that I am complete in Christ I don't have an excuse.
                              In Christ we can do all things. Sometime I get stressed just trying to implement God's plan in my life as it is told to me in his word.
                              Sometimes I block things out, not intentional, but it just happen that way in the natural.

Start at the top.

abc

Comment

• This book changed my life and my living. This really bring back memories, I haven't been here in a while. I love the changes to the site.
                                Last edited by abc; 03-02-2019, 02:35 AM. Reason: typo
                                abc

Comment

Working...
                                X