Sign in to follow this  
denise1105

Celebrities & Christianity

Does anyone else notice that all these celebrities are into the non christian religions....Brittney Spears & Madonna are into Kabalah (just what the heck is it) Orlando Bloom (Legolas from Lord of the Rings) buddahist. I mean you never really or at least I haven't seen any big celebrity profess this faith in Jesus Christ. Except Mel Gibson. It just seems like Hollywood will shun anything that has to deal with Christ. I also heard on my local radio station that in the big non christian counties, China, Russia, and the muslin countries that it is being reported that the US caused the earthquakes due to underground nuclear testing.

But on the other hand , what would a Christian be doing in Hollywood in the first place ?

The 'lifestyle' that brings 'celebrity status' has nothing much in common with biblical teaching.

Philippians 2 sprang to mind -

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Just a few quick thoughts

Jessica Simpson is suppose to be a Christian. I think her dad was a Pastor before he became her manager. She is very famous for being a virgin until she got married, but if you watch Newlyweds and if you see the roles she chooses to play (Daisy Dukes in Dukes of Hazzard), you wouldn't be able to tell.

Also, Beyonce openly talks about Christ but she also dresses inappropriately and seems hypocritical at times. I think it would be difficult to be a Christian and make it big in Hollywood. They force you to be a certain way to sell you to their audience :/

I think more real Christians should be in the Hollywood market. Why was Mel Gibson becoming a Christian such a big deal? It really shouldnt have been... how has our religion become so rare and unusual? More impressionable people would have something wholesome to look up to. (ie teens) Can you imagine if Billy Grahm was considered "cool" how much better our society would be? Instead of shooting each other for designer clothes, they'd be praying together. Honestly, I think if all CHristians got together and decided they would no longer buy into this stuff, or allow their children too, then we would see a lot more wholesomeness on the big screens!

I've always thought it would be really cool if more Christians invested financially in just wholesome entertainment or supported new production companies who's mission was to produce Christ-friendly entertainment. Rather than complain about the trash coming out of Hollywood, do something proactive to create a larger supply and demand of the good stuff.

Laurie

Victoria Jackson, formerly of SNL, is Christian, and if I'm not mistaken so is Daniel Baldwin. And Ann Jillian.

I think celebrities who reject Christianity may do so because they've been turned off by a certain far right-wing interpretation of Christianity that is popular in the United States, which certainly does have some flaws.