Sign in to follow this  
mommyto3kids

Slumber party ideas

My 9 year old daughter is going to have a slumber party next month. She is really excited about it and I want it to be fun for them. Anyone have any good ideas? Let me know!

WOW! Her first slumber party? We are also having our first on FRIDAY 28th! Both girls have bdays this month, so they were allowed to invite 3 friends each. So there will be 8 total.

Here is my plan. And I think kids like to just have fun playing, so it is very lax (and there is not alot of time anyway).

PJ's and one doll. - The girls all show up on Fridayat 6pm in PJ's and bring one favorite doll (and toothebrush) but no overnight bag or change of clothes) I thought this would be fun for them.

Pizza and veggies with dip for dinner.

Cake or ice cream sundaes they make, for dessert, to celebrate the bdays.

Open presents.

I am going to put all the BRATZ and Barbies and gear in the room (not the girls bedroom, they are sleeping elsewhere). And they can play and have fun. With some fun music. (I have a kids cd with all sorts of old 50's songs that are fun. Nothing modern).

A movie to end the night (one that parents won't be bothered by, so very young-ish, ie"Annie" or something)

Breakfast buffet style pastries, fruit, juice, cereal. Then it is over. Guests get there "goodie" bags, which are dolls and a little candy. We decided that a nice doll for $3-5 is better than a bunch of little junkie toys that they throw out and ends up costing more.

But that is about it. I have planned crafts, but steered clear and decided to let it be more play time. Look at this craft (very clever) - http://www.dltk-kids.com/school/jean_purse.htm

Anyway, let me know of some of your ideas please! I still have a couple days to rearrange if I hear of something real cool. PS None of the 6 girls coming here on Fri have EVER been to a slumber party!

So we might be setting the standard!

Dod you have your party yet?

We did. Was a big event and noone barfed, cried or fought! So it was a success.

I found when the girls did not have something to do they started to get anxious and run around too much. So I brought out BINGO and we had to have it quiet to hear the numbers being called. It worked well. So when the parents all showed up to pick up, they had chilled out a bit.

Funny, the parents all showed up EARLY to drop off, an hour down to a half hour! And then were half hour or more LATE to pick up!!! So be ready early...I was glad I was prepared.

One girl, I call The Screamer. She screamed deafening screams for hours, even after being told to stop...I think she may be a bit immature to do slumber parties. :o)

something I did when I was about that age at slumber parties that I had was to make treasure hunts. I took yarn and wound it everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) around the room we were to be in. It went over things and under things and just round and round. Thnk I used a whole skein LOL! Anyway, at the end was a hidden treasure, like cookies or something like that. I let my friends hunt because I knew where the treausre was hidden. We all had a lot of fun, especually having the cookies (or whatever it was) together.

Also fun but REALLY messy is to make pudding and blind fold 2 girls and have them face each other and feed each other. Be sure to have bed sheets for bibs and your sink or tub available for clean up. Since doing this one I never have much liked chocolate pudding :D

Anna

HI just a quicky. I have had many a slumber parties and planning is the key. Over plan it is sure better than under or not all and, having your husband want to go to a hotel because he can't stand the noise from the screamers. Tuck your unleft plans in a file for next time. We did a flip flop slipper with phaux animal print for my one daughters party. One we made gooey snot like stuff, then wealso have had a lip synch contest to my hand picked songs. Crockadle Rock was a hit. If youyare interested in the exact info. on the flip flop slippers let me know. Have Fun and make sure you are well rested before you start off.

Thanks for the ideas, we havent had ours yet, still planning. Glad all went well TSSR.

LKSMITH tell me about the flip flop slippers :)

We just had a slumber party and the first thing we did was take the girls to the local pizza place to eat and they can play games. Something I have noticed here that they are doing is the girls are going to the local beauty place to have their hair and everything done.

Brandy, we took al the girls shoe size and added a 1/2 size up buying cheap flip flops under a buck then we went to JO Ann Fabrics and bought phaux animal print all different kinds and let the kids begain. tracing the shoe onto the material and cutting a slit for the toe seperator. Adhesive works best to afix the material but, so does good ol hot glue. This basically is seen when the shoes are off, but you can see a bit over the edges when the girls are walking they said they were really comfortable. We had a hardder time finding them because my Emily's Birthday is in January and we live in Ohio. It was a suggestion out of family Fun years ago. You've gotta love that magazine. I did the actual cutting with very sharp scissors. but, that was our theme animals- we went with Eliza Thornberry plates and etc. bought at Party Max. I have also done stripes of material either torn or cut with zig zag scissors and tied them onto flip flops. They have a rag affect really cute. It was the rage last summer for the little girls here. Have Fun. Lisa

Hi Brandy, I'm a newbie; but thought you might like this: We recently hosted a slumber party for my neice, Breezy, 7 (Breanna) My daughter, Abigail, 17, helped me & my SIL stayed over-nite, too, of course. We invited 8 girls - no over-nite bags, just sleeping bags & toothbrushes in a baggie with names printed on them{!} We made mini personal pizzas; prepped toppings earlier in day - they made faces! smilies with green pepper slices, noses with mushrooms, olive slices for eyes, pepperoni for ears, etc. they had fun! [although they didn't EAT most of the toppings!!:)] We also baked off easy sugar cookies & decorated with gel icing tubes; After clean-up & teeth-brushing, the girls each got their own new sleep-T-shirt > [i just bought (2) 6-pks of mens extra large under shirts & a pkg. of iron on transfer sheets for computer} also made these earlier... I put a Hello-Kitty motif with my own made up text underneath: "I had a blast at Breezy's slumber party!!" They all had a field day autographing each other with permanent markers!! Picture time!!! Then we played a couple of easy games [try going to http://www.party411.com/gamegirl04.html for cute ideas] Then we all simmered way down to watch My Little Princess. Most did not even make it through the movie!! Next AM: just put out a couple of boxes of asst. donuts; those mini-boxes of asst. cereals - 1/2 gallon of milk & OJ; they wore their nite-shirts tucked into their jeans/pants to go home; It was great. [buy Excedrin > for you JIC - LOL :D] Good Luck! Kelley

Try this website...

Below is a website with GREAT ideas! It's Mars candybar's website, so it's full of creative and easy ideas...loaded with sugar though. I've done the "Under the Sea" theme and a couple of others from their site. Maybe it will spark an idea or two for you.

http://www.marsbrightideas.com/birthdays/themes/

Have FUN!! :)

Kimberella