Sign in to follow this  
edy

New to this website

I hope that it is okay to join this group for encouragement. I am not a mother. I was never able to have children, we did try but it never happened for us. I am a woman who will be turning 50 next month. I have just started a program to loose weight that I have used in the past. It worked once but I am having a difficult time getting back on track. I have read some of your posts and have read some of the scriptures that have been shared. One struck me significantly 1 Corinthians 10:13 I will try to imprint that in my mind and spirit. It gives me a sense of hope.

I have seen some of you talking about your families (you are truly blessed) and being so busy. While I was reading some of your posts I felt the need to share with you all a website someone shared with me last year called http://www.flylady.org This site has incredible insight into organization of your time, meaning having a clean and organized home accomplished in a minimal amount of time, leaving most of your precious time available to focus on families and time for yourself as well.

Take care all. I hope you don't mind me sharing.

Hi!

I am glad you found the site! I believe there are things on this site that are beneficial to all women, actual Mothers or not...plus I believe some women who don't have children of their own can be like Mother-figures to others!

I too am familiar with FlyLady.org. It is GREAT. I review books for a living, and just read her book for the first time. It is also great, very encouraging. I would highly recommend it! I am going to add it to our recommended books on ChristianMom.com.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you find friendship and encouragement here!

-Carla

ChristianMom.com

Edy, welcome, I just started last night on this site, I'm 47 and need to lose weight also, it does seem harder to lose now that I'm older, it just seems like I looked in the mirror and this stranger was looking back, I never realized or wanted too, that I was just plain ole getting fat. So maybe we can both get a better look at ourselfs through what we write to others, and as for the part of being a mom, I agree with Carla , I had alot of moms in my life that had never been my birth mom but I love and look up to them just the same. God bless....Sherry

What are you all doing to live healither now that age is making it harder to keep slim?

I read Dr. Phil's book and think I might be weight-loss resistant since I go to Curves, walk, ride an exercise bike at home and the weight has done nothing but continue to creep up. I am using most of the supplements he mentioned.

His weekly diet doesn't allow for snacks for pleasure or desserts. I think to live in the real world, we all like to chomp the occasional peanut, or have an icecream once in awhile. It's tough.

I don't binge and resist donuts brought into work, etc. All my control is good, but I'm still overweight. It's so unfaaaiiiirrr!