Sign in to follow this  
characters77

I need an idea

Hi everyone

There are three teachers at my son's school that help children in and out of their vehicles everyday in the school's car line....two teachers at drop off and one teacher at pick up....these ladies stand out there everyday...rain....snow....sleet...shine....they are always there...they are always nice...and they are always smiling...very devoted...anyway, I would like to do something nice for them...anyone have any suggestions? :D ...

thanks

something nice

Hello,

one thing you could do is find out what they like and get them something that has to do with that item. or on a cold day bring them coffee or hot chocolate. I don't know of any women who does not love flowers. you don't have to buy a boquet one flower will do.

And include a card saying something simular to what you posted. Let them know you are aware and appreciative of the sacrifice they make.

My first thought was something that would make their car-duty more pleasant - something like a fun umbrella for rainy days or the previously mentioned idea of bringing them coffee or hot chocolate... maybe a gift certificate to a nearby coffee house. Oooo, or maybe something like a treatment at a day spa... a pedicure to relax those feet!

Laurie

I think all those ideas are great! But you would be amazed at what just using your words individually to each of them would be. I am sure that alot of people like yourselves see their committment to minister to all the children but you would be amazed at how few people actully take the time and say" I have really noticed that you have been so committed each day to do this! You always have a smile and are so pleasant and I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for doing a GREAT job." You would probably be amazed at how they will just soak that up. You and I know that even though they are committed and appear to love doing that , that there are days when those encouraging words would just "plant in the garden" God could use your kind words to minister to them on a day that they really need it. I do this quite often and once you do this you will see them just light up. They may be Christians or not, if not what a great way of introducing the true love of God.

I'm a fifth grade teacher and I know I can always use things for my classroom. What many people don't know is that teachers buy a lot of the classroom decorations (bulletin board sets, etc) with their own money. There are many stores that sell things for classrooms (very popular is Holcombs, "The Know Place"). As a teacher, I would love it if a parent got me a gift certificate to one of these stores.

Our home paper has a place to voice things like this maybe yours does, just to say a quick Thank-you. not only for them but to others who do the same thing.

I have teachers for friends and they say they don't live and die for gifts. Frequent words of appreciation and thanks are what boost them. Our school allows us to email. Perhaps having other moms email their thanks would go a long way, as would little notes or letters.