Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Hints from Mom - Coppertone Spray on Sunscreen!

Hi Ladies - I'm back from a week at the beach with 2 families from our church (from 7 years ago.) We've been going to the beach together each summer for about 10 years now. It was a great time of fun and fellowship.

I'm sure most of you have found this already, but Coppertone came out with a "continuous spray" on sunscreen. It comes in a blue bottle, and it's called Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray. They have other spray versions, but this is like an aerosol. It does not contain any CFCs, which deplete the ozone layer. (I am not an expert, but this is what the bottle says).

Anyway - it says: Quick & even coverage, Ultra sweatproof, Waterproof.

My husband, 3 kids and I are very fair-skinned. I am usually the one "greasing" everyone up to go to the beach, which takes forever. As I'm sure some of you can relate, doing my own sunscreen, except for the places I can't reach, doing my husband's places he can't reach, and then 3 squirmy little kids. I was tired before I even got to the beach.

This stuff made it a breeze. After spraying it everywhere, then I did their little faces with regular cream sunscreen. I use NO-AD 45 for babies. It's also waterproof, and unscented. It comes in a pink bottle with a blue lid.

Only downfall of the spray on sunscreen, cost. Cheapest I've found it $6.88 at Walmart. At our local grocery store, it was $9.50 a bottle.

The five of us would *almost* use up an entire bottle each day. It sounds excessive, but we are very fair skinned, and it worked great. People have even asked me, how did you spend a week at the beach, and your kids aren't burnt or tan?? We have some freckles, and they looked a bit more apparent, but other than that, no tan, burn, etc.

It seems to go on pretty evenly and you need to let it dry a bit too. You CAN apply it to your face, they (the directions on the bottle) just say to spray it in your hands, then rub it on your face.

-ChristianMom

Wow! I will have to try that! It can take forever to rub sunblock on 3 boys as that. That would be so much easier for me, and also for them as they won't be constantly saying, can I go now?

Good to know! I'll be visiting a warmer area soon & could use it! Thanks!

I used that last summer also and it was GREAT! So easy to do the kids did not mind standing there while I sprayed them down. Normally it is a fight to rub it in!! I find that the cost is worth it for less hassel less fight and NO headaches. And it is so easy to reapply!!! Not much time taken out!!!!

Two Thumbs Up!!

Misty

My sister lives in Arizona and absolutely loves it! I will have to look into it for this summer.