abc

The Book of James

Transfered from other theard.

It is the book of practical Christian living. I read it, I understand it, but I am having a hard time trying to do it. It is like a block when it comes to doing it. I can do the simple stuff. Some of it is hard to just simply do. God says in his word be a doer of the word. In the summer I tried to get a break from school and most things. I am trying very hard to move forward with the reading, understanding and doing what James' is talking about. Surface stuff I see. I am praying for the depth of the word.

What is it really telling us to do? Knowing that I am complete in Christ I don't have an excuse. In Christ we can do all things. Sometime I get stressed just trying to implement God's plan in my life as it is told to me in his word. Sometimes I block things out, not intentional, but it just happen that way in the natural. So maybe there is something out there a book, or knowledge of someone who is living it. So where do I start, got any ideas.

abc

Useful Plagiarism ...

I found a great online Bible Study in the Book of James. http://www.biblestudyinfo.com/james/ch1.shtml

This site was very similar to the lines of study we went through in our Sunday School class. The reason I include this link is because I found it wonderfully helpful. Not only did it challenge me to think, honestly answer the questions, and pray through those answers, but it also was great in providing passage and chapter links.

Here is how the opening page starts:

As you read the first chapter of James keep the following questions in mind. You may even wish to write the questions down on a separate piece of paper before you begin. Allow yourself several lines between each question. When you have finished reading the chapter devote several minutes to your answers. Click on a question to get our interpretation.

1. Why does James tell us that we should "count it a joy" to be tempted?

2. Why is faith important?

3. From where does temptation come?

4. James cautions us to be "swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath". Why are these good qualities in a Christian?

5. "Be doers of the word, not hearers only," says James. Are good acts important for Christians? Or are we justified by "our faith alone"?

Um, first some logistics - abc, from which thread did you transfer this? I was interested in reading where we have come from but wasn't able to locate. Also, is your second post a quote from a study or your own thoughts? I'm not certain what you are looking for in your request for elaboration.

In response to your first post of this thread, I wanted to remind you of Romans 7:14-25:

"We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

"So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."

Although a Christian and a non-Christian will both sin throughout their lives, the Christian is different because in their heart they desire to not sin, whereas a non-Christian will continue to revel in their sin, only choosing "good" for selfish reasons or because they are forced by societal laws. The Christian will persevere towards a sinless life even with the knowledge that they will not attain it within this lifetime.

God has many fine things to say about perseverance - don't forget that James 1 teaches that perseverance must finish it's work so that we can be mature and complete, not lacking anything. No one starts off mature - it's a process - and I doubt God has plans that any of us should reach completion and then hang around here. In 2 Peter 1:6 perseverance is listed as one of the qualities that will keep us from being ineffective and unproductive in our knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:3-5 tells us that perseverance produces character and character, a hope that does not disappoint.

Laurie

Oh, our women's group at church did a good book study on James last fall. It was on a book by Lenya Heitzig and Penny Pierce Rose called Pathway to Living Faith.

Laurie

You are very wise to thoroughly check things out before you jump in, abc. I know many people who will read anything and believe it just because the author is talking about "God". We need to be ever mindful of false prophets in sheep's clothing.

Laurie

Spirtual Journey

I got the book and I will start it today. From reading the introduction it is the answer to a lot of questions I had.

• How should this change my life
  • A place for you to open your heart and express your thoughts, goals, commitments, and prayers.
  • Record of God's transforming work in our life.

This is a spiritual journey that I wanted to experience, taking paths through the Bible and experience God closer and personal. "No more secondhand knowledge."

The Author is talking about taking a pilgrimage through the book of James, where we are challenged to exhibit Living Faith.

She state that the main theme of James, it is believed to have been the first book written in the New Testament, James wanted the readers to understand how to live what they believe. "Am I living what I've learned?" Good question, my question as well.

This is going to be a good one. I will share with all of you how God is moving in my life during this experience with the book of James. Everyone is invited to share with me. Please pray that it is a blessing for us. Any one care to joins feel free and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Thank you Laurie for your help truly God has bless me with you.

abc

Actually a work document that help you walk the talk

To all,

I have completed the first lesson. "This pathway to Living Faith" Journal, is actually a working document that help you walk the talk. If you are born again it has the scriptures of what the Family Traits are and a check list for self evaluation. It gave me some things to think about, like what is keeping me in bondage. It gave me some things to do, to set out and act now. It is a great first day. These are the thing which James is talk about doing and living.

• Making trials count

Exhibiting behavior that reflects our beliefs

• Using our speech to bless others.

• Discovering the source of human conflict

I can't wait until tomorrow

If you want to be a doer and not just a hearer this is a path you can surely take. Back up by the Word of God. Reading and doing the Word of God is the works. This is what I have found to be true.

abc

Spread the Good News

I am writing this letter to encourage all of you to sow the Good News of the gospel in your areas. I know you do and it is my prayer that you continue. I am studying the book of James and in James he is talking about making trials count. “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of you faith produces patience” So I am encouraging you to count it all a joy, even though it is hard at times. I encourage you to exhibit behavior that reflects our beliefs. “Faith that doesn’t show itself by good deeds is no faith at all it is dead and useless” Be encourage to reflect our belief to others. He also tells us to use our speech to bless others. “Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. I encourage you to use your speech to bless others. In James 4 and 5, he talks about conflict, which is cause by our own human desires for pleasures. Remember to tell other to examine the quality of our faith in terms of attitudes and actions. Living faith will produce real changes in your brain as well as your behavior.

abc

part of the "Do you want to go" click the here http://www.christianmom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1781 this window and study the book of James, James teaches us to be a doer of the word and not just hearer only.

http://www.christianmom.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10901&postcount=31

No Trails, No Joy and No Patience

Second night with James, James is talking about count it all joy when you fall into various trials. James 1:2.

I have been going through a lot of problems, and problems. The author tells us that people with no problems are in the cemetery. The Bible tells us to expect trails, it say that you will experience trials. Trails come in all sizes, shape and are designed to fit our individual circumstances. God uses them to test our faith. James says' knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:3

I am not ready to be with the Lord, so I will have to endure the trails to receive Joy. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while 1 Peter 1:6 NLT

Lord help me to change my mind about the trials and they won't matter. Lord teach me that trails are a question of mind over matter. I ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ .

If you have any thing that you would like to share please do so.

abc

Let Patience Have Its Perfect Work

Lord, I often pray for "patience but not realizing that becoming patient is a long and sometime painful process. Lord help me demonstrate the fruit of patience in my life.

Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ. 2 Thessalonians 3:5

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:4

Lord, we sometime feel that their is something missing in side of us, Learning patience in trials makes us completely whole. If we are looking for the missing piece, it's Jesus.

"You are complete in Him!" Colossians 2:10

Lord, open our ears and our heart that we will recieve this Word from you.

I thank you for your Word and may it continue to flow out to others and bless their lives.

I praise you and I thank you.

Lord let us be honest in our conversation and our behavior so that you will hear our prayers. I ask this prayer In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

abc

Perfect and Complete Lacking Nothing

Lord, I pray right now for your guidance. Lord let the Holy Spirit come in right now and bless other with your works that they are made perfect, like it says in your Word. Lord, let us walk by the spirit; and let us talk by the spirit. When Jesus was here on the earth he did nothing without the Holy Spirit. I am asking you in all that we do give us your Holy Spirit that we will understand your Word that is written in the Bible. Give us your Holy Spirit that we are comforted by you Word. Lord let us continue in James as the Holy Spirit leads us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We must understand these terms. Let us look up these terms and meditate. Let us ask God to reveal to us what he would have us to know, if we do not understand.

James 1:4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Perfection. Since human perfection is impossible for anyone but Jesus, what does James mean by saying we can "be perfect"? The word perfect means "full-grown or mature." In God's eyes, patient faith makes us spiritually mature Christians who "behave wisely in a perfect way"

" Psalm 101:2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart ."

Completion: Complete means "entire" and carries the idea of wholeness. Learning patience in trials makes you completely whole.

note: definitions are from the book Pathway to Living Faith

Anyone is welcome to share, this is a learning experience for all of us including me.

I am a student of Christ.

abc

Perfect- His way / Perfect in Christ Jesus / Perfect love casteth

In these verses God tell us that perfect is:

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect : the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus :

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love

Lord, I humbly come to You this morning giving thanks to You for Your perfect Word.

I thank You that as a servant of Christ that we labor in prayers, that we stand perfect and complete in Your will. Let us teach in all wisdom and knowledge of You.

Lord it says in Your Word that perfect love casteth out fear.

I am asking You to flow out that perfect love in us, so that we will be doer of Your Word and not just hearer only, fearing nothing.

Lord make it known to us that Your way is perfect.

I ask this in Jesus name, the name above all names, the name that make us perfect and compete in You. Amen.

abc

Let us see what scriptures tell us about completion:

Let us see what scriptures tell us about completion:

"Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:”

“Col 4:12 - Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.”

2 Timothy 3:16 – 17, it says

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

Scripture tell us that all scripture given by inspiration of God and it is profitable for

1. doctrine

2. reproof

3. correction

4. instruction

So that we be perfect, thoroughly finished unto all good works.

God tells us in 2Ti 4:7 – Paul is talking….”I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Lord, help us understand that we are complete, because you are the head of all principality and power. I thank you for Jesus who died for us that we stand perfect and complete, thoroughly finished unto all good works.

Lord, give us a heart to learn your word, give us time to read your word, when we feel we don’t have time. Give us a mind that we will want to adhere to your doctrine, Lord we want to be doer of your word for reproof, and correction and instruction us in our walk and in our talk. Sometime it is hard for us to accept the correction and but give us a humble heart like David. Lord give us the strength to take the correction from your word. Your words are powerful and mighty, and let us use you word to draw man unto you, because you love them.

Lord, I ask you to seen you Holy Spirit to help us, to teach us, to perform a work in us that we will win soul for you.

I ask you in the name on Jesus, name above all name. Amen

If any of you lack wisdom

Sisters,

I greet you in the name of Jesus, I am going to be meditating on this scripture tonight.

Please pray with me as we go into this next verse.

James 1; Verse 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I love you all with all my heart, so many prayer request is coming in and so many matters that the Holy Spirit is leading me in doing. So pray with me and I will continue James on tomorrow. Pray that the Lord continue to fill our cup. Let it over flow with love.

I just want to be a doer. So I give God my best in all that he lead me and giveth me to do for his glory.

abc

Wisdom through Prayer

James 1; Verse 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Tonight we learn to pray for wisdom.

It is my prayer, That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Ephesians 1:17

Let him ask of God ………We cannot afford to make decisions by ourselves. God knows what is best for us.

Lord we come humbly requesting wisdom for every issue in our life.

Lord we need understanding,

Lord enlighten us in and with your word, by through the Holy Spirit.

It is shown in you word with Solomon,

"Solomon asked, praying: “O Lord my God . . . Give . . . Thy servant an understanding heart to judge Thy people, that I may discern between good and bad . . . And God said unto him . . . Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart” (1 Kings 3:7-12).

Lord I asking you to do the same for us, like you did for Solomon.

Lord I am asking you to give us wisdom and understanding in our trails.

Lord help us to hold out by puting in your wisdom and understanding in our hearts

Lord teach us to stand on the word, trust in the word and rely on your word.

Lord in we want to be doers, but doers with wisdom and the knowledge of you.

I pray this prayer In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen

abc

Let him ask in faith

Let us look at verse 6

Let him ask in faith, nothing wavering,

Wisdom shall be given to those who ask it of God, provided they believe that God is able to make the simple wise, and is faithful to make good his word to those who apply to him. Jesus Christ insists: Believest thou that I am able to do this? There must be no wavering, no staggering at the promise of God through unbelief.

Ro 11:20 - That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand only through faith. So do not become proud, but stand in awe.

Lord, help us to believe that God will make the simple wise.

Lord, thank you for your faithfulness.

Lord, teach us through your Holy Spirit, not to waver, and not to stragger.

Lord, send forth your word and move out unbelief, so that we will be steadfast in your Word.

I thank you Lord for your word today.

I thank you for what you are doing in everyone's lives, changing and shaping and giving them peace where there was no peace.

Teach us how to trust you daily.

Lord be with the hurricane victims, I asking if you would give them wisdom in this situation. Draw them to you.

Lord don't let them stray. Teach them in this to trust.

and Lord you said that you would never leave us or forsake us.

I ask in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen

abc

Spiritually Mature, do you have patience?

Patience is that calm and unruffled temper with which the good man or woman bears the evils of life, whether these evils proceed from persons or things.

It manifests itself in a sweet submission to the providential appointments of God.

Patience displays fortitude amidst the duties and conflicts of life.

Patience isn't passive, it is persistence in spite of struggle, peace in the midst of suffering, and perseverance instead of surrender. Patient faith will help us become perfect, it means spiritually mature. Being complete means to be made whole. Jesus is the only one who can fill the void in our lives.

Father God, who is in heaven,

We need your love to cover us so that we can exercise patience

Give us that calm and unruffled temper that we will bears the evils of this life.

Let it manifests itself in a sweet submission .

We want to become perfect and persevere.

We need patient faith to become perfect,

We all need voids filled in our lives and we know that only Jesus can fill these voids in our lives.

Thank you for giving us patience, and helping us mature as christians, thank you for

filling our voids in our lives.

Amen Amen

abc

Wisdom "Fear the Lord", "Wise" and "Doubt

Father, We need Your guidance every day. Please fill us with Your wisdom. We ask this in faith, knowing that You hold the key to all wisdom.

Wisdom is the ability to judge correctly and to follow the best course of action, based on knowledge and understanding of You.

Let us meditate on "Fear the Lord", "Wise" and "Doubt"

Lord I pray that we meditate on these three subject tonight and that you show us and reveal to us what you will have us to understand.

Father, I ask you to send forth the Holy Spirit to speak to us that we will recieve your word and flow it out to other.

In the name of your son Lord Jesus Christ

Amen

abc

"Fear the Lord", "Wise" and "Doubt"

Let us pray this prayer and ask God to open our spiritual ears and our spiritual eyes, to hear what the word says on Fear the Lord", "Wise" and "Doubt"

Lord I thank you for giving me the words that's posted here today.

Lord we want to understand what is meant when we are told to fear You.

We want to understand "Wise" and we want to understand Doubt.

I pray that You open deaf ears to hear your Word.

I pray that You open blind eyes to so we can see what your words are saying to us.

Thank you, again for speaking through me to flow out your words to others.

We want to hear and obey You.

Thank you, Lord for your Holy Spirit that you gave, to teach us.

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Fear the Lord: Many time as a child I was told to fear the Lord. Nobody really told me what it meant. I thought, be afraid of the Lord. Many of us had the same thought, "being afraid"

To fear the Lord does not mean being afraid: rather, it is a feeling of reverence and awe based on love for God. It springs not from dread of punishment but from a desire to please Him.

In the scripture it says,

Proverbs 14:2 "He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him."

De 6:2 - That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged

De 6:24 - And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

De 10:12 - And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Ac 9:31 - Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Wise: How to tell if someone's truly wise? Not by what they know but by what they do with what they know. Jesus said,

Matthew 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Matthew 7:26
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

Let us think about some trials that we've experienced, where we needed God's wisdom.

Doubt is distrust or uncertainty usually caused by fear. To Doubt God reveals a lack of trust in His love or ability. Like oil and water, "FAITH AND DOUBT DON'T MIX." In God Word Jesus said in:

"Matthew 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"

Tonight as we go to sleep pray asking God to give us faith where we are experiencing doubt. Start by praying this scripture in Mark 9:24 ………….. Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . .

Thank you Lord, for your word that give us understanding in what it means to Fear You.

Thank you Lord, for your word that give us understanding of who is a wise man.

Lord most of all I'm asking you to remove Doubt from my eyes and ears and mind.

Lord you told me in your word that your walk is a walk by faith not by sight.

Teach us to trust and rely on you. Amen.

abc

"Nothing, Double-minded, and Instability"

Lord I pray that you open ears to hear what the Word has to say to the church on the subjects of "Nothing, Double-minded, and Instability"

Lord, I am so thankful that Your Word keeps us anchored in Your truth.

Lord, I am asking that You to prepare ye the way for Your Word to go forth.

I am asking You to let Your Holy Spirit break up rocky ground and let the seed be planted and rooted in us. Many of us don't understand why our prayers are not answer, many of us don't realize that we are being double-minded and instable. As we go into this lesson let us come out changed. Let us come out stable, steadfast, and receiving from You. Lord this is where You begin in us. That is Your requirement is that we believe in You, Jesus and Your Word. I pray that You give me the words that will flow out and touch somebody that they will see real change in us and that You will answer our prayers. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Meditate on these words and read your Bible and let us see where the Lord will take us in the morning.

abc

Nothing, Double-minded,Instability,Steadfast and God will Answers

Lord I am so thankful that though all the world billow around us, Your promises keep me steady. Keep me anchored in Your truth. Amen.

Hebrews 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Let us not think that we can receive anything from God and let us not flunk the lesson of faith by being double minded.

In this lesson the Word tells us.

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:7-8

Nothing: God desires to give His children "everything we need for living a godly life"

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:2 Peter 1:3

Sadly, some receive nothing because they harbor doubt in their hearts. "All that required is that you really believe and do not doubt in your herart"

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11:23

Double-minded: double-minded literally means "two spirited," describing one who vacillates between two opinions. Isaiah tells us why our prayers are not heard. Go to Isaiah 59:1-2

Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Instability: An unstable person is double-minded, fluctuating, irregular, and characterized by an inability to control his or her emotions. The double-minded crowds who followed Jesus sang "Hosanna" one day and the next day shouted "crucify Him!" They were easily swayed by their emotions. Ask yourself this question is "Are you swayed by your emotions."

Steadfast: In contrast to double minded person, a single minded person is steadfast, firm in faith, and determined to remain loyal regardless of the crashing waves or blowing winds.

"Continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, not moved away from the hope of the gospel" Colossian 1:23

We cannot always know why God answers our prayers the way He Does, But we can be confident that He will answer them one way or another God wants a steadfast heart that will believe in His goodness

God will Answers: I am so glad that God answers every prayer, but that doesn't mean you receive every thing you ask for. If you haven't received you request, either the answer is no or God is asking you to "pray without ceasing… for this is the will of God".

Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

Pray with me............

Lord I am so thankful for this lesson. Lord let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Lord it says in your word that your desires are that you give us everything we need to live a godly life.

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:2 Peter 1:3 Lord we are asking that you free us from being Double-minded and Instability:

Give us Your Holy Spirit to keep and teach us to be Steadfast: ………….. grounded and steadfast, not moved away from the hope of the gospel" Colossian 1:23

Lord, we know you will answer, teach us to pray without pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 I asked this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen

abc

Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up

Lord, I am so grateful that Your Word is given freely to everyone. Your Word is given freely to the rich and freely to the poor. Your Word is given freely to the high and freely to the low. Lord, help us to listen with open ears and open eyes so that we will hear and see into Your wisdom, what You are given us today. We ask You, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. James 1:9-10

Lowly brother refers to believers who are cast down, hold a low social station, or are impoverished. God has a special place in His heart for the poor and downcast. He commanded the Israelites, "If one of your brethren becomes poor, then you shall help him" Leviticus 25:35

To glory means to rejoice. Even the most lowly Christian can rejoice because of God's blessings. Regardless of our circumstances. It is said, "My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me" Psalm 13:5-6

For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withered the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. James 1:11

God's Economy: "My thoughts are completely different from yours,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine'" Isaiah 55:8. In God's economy the poor are rich, the weak are strong, and the lowly are lifted up and exalted.

Humiliation means to be brought low in rank or emotion. God allows humbling experiences in wealthy believers' lives to teach them that genuine happiness and contentment depend not on earthly wealth, but on the true riches of God' grace. "With humility comes wisdom" Proverbs 11:2

Exalted means to be highly regarded or esteemed. Jesus was "despised, and we did not esteem Him" Isaiah 53:3 Yet in a heavenly vision, Isaiah "saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up" v 6:1 Jesus, the despised One, was really Jesus the Most High.

We have learned today that God will often send humbling circumstances so that believers will rely on Him, rather that on earthly riches. Just think about the time when God allowed you to be humbled or brought low to teach us to rely on Him. He has taught us that His thought are different from ours and that Jesus was despised by man's thought and in heaven Jesus was seated on the throne, high and lifted up by God.

Lord teach us to rely on you and teach us how we must lay up our treasures in Heaven. As it is said in this scripture:

"That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:18-19

In Jesus name, Amen.

abc

Discover the blessing of resisting temptation and obeying God's Word.

In these previous lessons we have learned that those with living faith will count it all joy when facing the trials life brings their way. We have also learned that a right perspective on earthly wealth is evidence of a true living faith. Now let's discover how to turn temptation into a blessing.

Read verses James 1:11-18 and pray with me…………… Lord, when temptations come our way, Lord, help us to discover the blessing of resisting them and obeying Your Word. Help us to seek You with all our heart, Lord it says in your word

"Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek him with the whole heart! They also do no iniquity; they walk in His ways. Psalm 119:1-3.

Plant this word in our heart that it will bare fruit. Amen.

Now let's focus on v. 12.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. James 1:11-12. "

Let understand Blessed:

Beatitude is a declaration of blessedness, meaning spiritual well-being and prosperity, the deep joy of the soul. The blessed have a share in salvation and have entered the kingdom of God. Some render each beatitude as: "O the bless [or blessedness] of."

Temptation literally means to put to the test, examine, or try. Therefore a temptation either puts something good to the test or entices us to do something evil. Depending upon our response to it, temptation can be helpful or harmful to our spiritual growth.

Let us journal or think about a situation in which God transformed our curse (temptation) into a blessing. How are we able to resist temptation? How did God bless you?

abc