abc

The Book of James

.....he shall receive the crown of life......

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

A Crown shows a person's status or honor. Royalty and high priests in Old Testament times wore crowns signifying their authority. Athletes were crowned with wreaths of leaves. Christians are promised several types of crowns symbolic of our inheritance in heaven.

Wisdom is a crown of glory (Prov. 4:7-9)

Excellent wife is a husband's crown (Prov. 12:4)

Grey hair is a crown of glory (Prov. 16:31)

Grandchildren are a crowning glory (Prov. 17:6)

Temperance brings an imperishable crown (1 Cor. 9:25)

Others brought to faith are a crown of rejoicing (1 Thess. 2:19)

Crown of righteousness to those who love His appearing (2 Tim. 4:8)

Crown of life to those who endure temptation (James 1:12)

The word of God says we are tempted, and there are several places in the bible that shows examples of man being tempted. Achan when he saw the spoils garment, silver, and gold, coveted and took them. David sent and enquired after the woman, Bathsheba. Jesus tempted of the devil. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Peter was offered money for the Holy Ghost (Act 8:19). Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. (Act 8:20)

Let us reflect on the things that we have been tempted on and pray that we will have the strength of God in us the next time we get tempted, to not yield to temptation. Ask God to give us the mind of Christ, who is our example, that we as Christians are required to follow and be Christlike.

Blessing - Our blessed Savior became a curse to transform our curse into a blessing. "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us…. That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus" Galatians 3:13-14.

Hold Fast - Jesus warned that Christians could forfeit their crowns if they aren't careful to persevere in the faith. Focusing on Christ's return helps us cling to what we already possess. "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown" Revelation 3:11

Endurance - More than physical endurance, we need spiritual endurance in the race of life.

"Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" Hebrews 12:1

Lord, we pray that you have the strength to overcome temptation. Teach us to hold fast and have endurance.

Lord, for Your word teaches us that they are crowns to receive from you.

Lord, we thank You for our Blessed Savior whom became a curse to transform our curse into a blessing.

Lord, we want to be like Jesus.

Lord, I am asking You to order our foot steps and pour out Your Holy Spirit, that we may be like you, when temptations arise.

I pray this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

abc

Faith and Fatalism (James 1:13-18)

Faith and Fatalism (James 1:13-18)

Let us pray and meditate on these scriptures and I will post the next lesson on tomorrow.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, F3 neither tempteth he any man: James 1:13 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14

Lord, we pray that you continue to be with us.

Lord, I am asking that You to keep us focus on You.

Lord, I am asking You to send Your Holy Spirit to open our mind that we will receive from you.

Lord, we thank You for Your word.

I pray this prayer in Jesus name. Amen.

abc

Faith, Perseverance and Fatalism

Faith and Perseverance (1:12)

As we start this lesson let of remember this thought:

Holiness is not freedom from temptation, but power to over come temptation.

G. Campbell Morgan. The early 19th century produced a great wealth of Bible teachers and evangelists that are credited with initiating a new turn in the Lord's recovery of his testimony on the earth.

Faith and Fatalism (1:13-18)

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:13-14

In drawing a distinction between trials and temptations, James unmasks the temptor. Trials usually come from the outside; temptations frequently happen on the inside. God may send trials, but temptations are authored by Satan and encouraged by our own fallen nature. If we aren't careful, the testing on the out side circumstances are difficult, we may find our selves inwardly complaining against God, questioning His love, and resisting His will. That's when Satan provides us with an opportunity to escape the difficulty ----this opportunity is temptation.

Escape - God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that You can't stand up against it.

When You are tempted, he will show You away out so that You will not give in to it. 1 Corinthians 10:13.

James has encouraged us to patiently endure the temptations we encounter. Now he has unmasks the source of temptation.

Blame Shifting - Since the Fall in the Garden, we have played the blame game when yielding to temptation: Eve blamed the serpent and Adam blamed Eve. During James's time, Jewish philosophers theorized that God was to blame for having 'created" us with the propensity to sin.

Blameless - it stands to reason that if God can't be temped by evil, the He cannot and will not tempt others. God hates sin; therefore He would never promote what is repugnant to his nature.

"God is light and there is no darkness in Him at all" 1 John 1:5

Lord, we thank You that You can help us stand against temptation. When we are tempted, Lord, show us the way; let us not play the blame game when yielding to temptation. God, we thank You that You are Blameless and that You hate sin.

Lord we thank You that You gave us Your light, Jesus our way of escape. I ask this prayer in Jesus Name. Amen

abc

Predator, Solace, Safety

Lord, we thank You that You can help us stand against temptation. Lord, open our eyes and ears to hear this lesson from your word. I ask this prayer in Jesus Name.

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14

This scripture show us that no one is exempted from temptation, we are tempted from within. That external forces often tempt us.

Predator - Drawn away means to bait a trap. Enticed refers to baiting a hook. As a predator, Satan knows how to catch his prey.

"Watch out for attacks from the Devil…. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour" I Peter 5:8

When you are enticed by sin, whom do you blame?

The devil_______My upbringing______________ My self_____ My husband_____

My boss _____My hormones_____My kids_____ God_____

Solace - God is not to be blamed for tempting you' He is to be blessed for praying for you in temptation. Jesus told Peter,

"Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail" Luke 22:31-32

Safety - While God does not tempt us, he does set parameters for the temptations that come our way. Satan wasn't allowed to tempt Job above what he could endure.

"Satan…said, 'Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You[God] not made a hedge around him?" Job 1:9-10)

Temptation are often the result of satanic warfare. These verses shows some of Satan's predatory tactics.

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Lord, Help us to understand and know the tactics of the predator.

Lord, thank You for praying for us.

Lord, thank You for Your safety and the parameters that You set for us.

Lord, be with us as we study Your words and give us knowledge and wisdom, for Lord, we want for our lives to show that Your Word works in us daily.

I ask this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

abc

Other names for Satan include.................

Lord, help us to understand and know the tactics of the predator.

Lord, we know that Satan knows how to trick us.

Lord, teach us to see and here and know who Satan is.

Lord, give us wisdom of you and the mind of Christ to help us daily.

I ask this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14 continues..........

Satan - Other names for Satan include "the devil"; "meaning slanderer or false accuser"; "the tempter" "Beelzebub"; "the wicked one"; "the ruler of this world"; the god of this age"; "the prince of the power of the air"; and "the accuser of our brethren."

What do advertisers and our adversary have in common? They push the right button so we'll succumb to the weakness of the flesh. Every one has a button.

We are all susceptible to temptation in three areas: bodily appetites, beautiful things, and boastful pride. John called these "the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life" 1 John 2:16. Satan takes advantage of our lusts. Satan knows how to get us to sing his tune. That is what Satan does' he sings out a sinful tune and hopes our coordinating fleshly desires will sing along. To stop the vibration on the piano, you take your foot off the pedal. To resist temptation, you unmask the real temptor then "get up and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you" Luke 22:46

Lord, give us eyes to see and ears to here

Lord, let us be in tune to you, when the devil is tempting us.

Lord, make us aware that the devil tempts us only that he may ruin.

Lord, thank you for giving us the knowledge.

Lord, we also need to know who the devil is

Lord, teach us, and show us that Satan has his tricks.

Lord, let us not be caught up in to the wilds of Satan,

Lord, le us be caught up in You. Teach us how to stand for You in in you.

I ask this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

abc

Four Steps to Sin, Step-by-Step Process

Father, You have power over sin and death. Give us strength to let go of temptation and look to you.

The Wrong Way - There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Satan has clever strategy on unsuspecting Christians. He takes advantage of the appetites of our flesh, hoping we will grasp the enticing temptations he puts in our path. If we refuse to release the alluring bait, we will be unable to escape Satan's trap. Our evil desires cry out. "Don't let go! Hang on to this pleasure for as long as it will last!" If you are clinging to sinful practices that are destroying your testimony and preventing you from growing in grace, "Drop the temptation!" Get out of Satan's trap before it's too late. James has unmasked our true enemy who tempts us. Now he continues to explain the power of our own sinful desires.

(v. 15): Then, when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The success of corruption in the heart: (v. 15) Then, when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; that is, sin being allowed to excite desires in us, it will soon ripen those desires into consent, and then it is said to have conceived. The sin truly exists, though it be but in embryo. And, when it has grown it its full size in the mind, it is then brought forth in actual execution. Stop the beginnings of sin therefore, or else all the evils it produces must be wholly charged upon us.

Sin is a process that begins with the conception of evil desires and ends in death. Our desire, yielding to sinful desire, sin develops over time and the end result is death.

Desire - literally means "lust" - a longing for what is forbidden or an intense craving or need. Desires can be dealy. Before you yield to desires, consider where they may lead you. "There righteousness of the up right delivers them, but the unfaithful are trapped by evil desires" Proverbs 11:6

Conceived -To conceive means to take into one's being. Physical conception occurs by taking in male seed: intellectual conception comes by taking in thoughts emotional conception brings with taking in a desire for good or evil. "They trust in empty words and speak lies; they conceive evil and bring forth iniquity" Isaiah 59:4

The final issue of sin, and how it ends: (v. 15): . . . . .; Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. After sin is brought forth in actual commissions, the finishing of it is its being strengthened by frequent acts and settled into a habit. And, when the iniquities of men are thus filled up, death is brought forth. There is a death upon the soul, and death comes upon the body. And, besides death spiritual and temporal, the wages of sin is eternal death too. Let sin therefore be repented of and forsaken, before it be finished. Why will you die, O house of Israel! Eze. 33:11. God has no pleasure in your death, as he has no hand in your sin; but both sin and misery are owing to yourselves. Your own hearts’ lusts and corruptions are your tempters; and when by degrees they have carried you off from God, and finished the power and dominion of sin in you, then they will prove your destroyers.

Stillborn - James uses the imagery of childbirth to depict the birth of sin. Desire is the "mother" who conceives a child, "sin." Giving birth to a child is a painful experience that is transformed into joy; giving birth to sin is a seemingly pleasurable experience transformed into grief and death.

Step-by-Step - Sin is a four-step process resulting in death:

1. Desire: we experience a strong compulsion to have or do something we should not:

2. Deceit: we justify our desire

3. Design: we consciously plan to satisfy our desire

4. Disobey: we disregard God's Word to gratify our sinful urge.

Full Grown - Sinful behavior can make us adult-sized sinners while godly behavior will make us full-grown saints. We should no longer be children tossed to and fro, . . . . But, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into him who is the head -- Christ" Ephesians 4-14-15

New Life - As surely as sin gives birth to death, repentance gives birth to new life. Resurrection is just a prayer away. "Those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone.. A new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

Let us end with this thought. Sin may open bright as the morning, but it will end dark as night

abc

Tempted to Doubt:

Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17-16 KJV

Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:16-17 NIV

Knowledge helps prevent us from accusing God, because with the knowledge of God's word, it tells us that every good gift and every perfect gift comes from the Father of light. God is the Father of light (Genesis 1:14 - 19)

Faithfulness - Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. Lamentation 3:22-23

Deception - ………………Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren………. Deceive means "to cheat or beguile; that which gives a false impression, whether by appearance, statement or influence" "Vine's) James implores us not to be deceived into thinking that God is responsible for our temptation.

Every Gift -………….Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights…..

Every" means every. Therefore, every gift that God gives, without exception, is beneficial to His children. "If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly father give good gifts to those who ask him" Matthew 7:11.

Unchanging - …..with whom there is no variation…. In a world of change, from the seasons to the latest fashions, it's comforting to know that God is a constant. "I am the Lord, and I do not change" Malachi 3:6 NLT God cannot change for the worse because He's flawless. He can't get any better because He's the best.

Be a Berean - Before you believe what other say about God, make sure the Bible agrees with what they've said. "The people of Berea…..searched the Scriptures day after day to check up on Paul and Silad, to see if they were really teaching the truth" Acts 17:11, NLT.

Faithful -Faithfulness implies dependability, loyalty, and stability. It is difficult to depend on someone who is erratic or switches allegiance. It is hard to find stability in a relationship with someone who is always changing. You can depend on God to be loyal and steadfast.

"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame." Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "Her studies were directed to the poets of antiquity.

Let us meditate and thing on, how have we been deceived?

Journal about which of them ensnared you the most and caused you to doubt God's goodness. Think about how God corrected your unrealistic view of Him. Read or sing Lamentations 3:22-23. as you spend time worshipping our unchanging God.

Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness even when we doubt.

Lord, we thank You for Your Gifts. We are so thankful, that You are unchanging.

Lord, we want to learn of Your Word and we want teach Your word to other. We praise you that when darkness seems so strong, Your never changing love and goodness are always stronger. Amen.

abc

"Temptation Transformed"

Lord, I pray this night that you give us a word from you concerning the Book of James.

Lord, Open our hearts, minds, eyes, and ears that we will hear a Word from You.

Lord, give us the heart to do your will as it is written in the Book of James.

Lord, we are learning so many things of You and You Ways

Let us go out and demonstrate the love and knowledge of you to others.

Let us walk with You daily, Let us talk with You daily.

Let us show the love of Christ in out lives

Let us have a mind to follow and walk in Your ways.

I pray Lord, that You will give us a

deep deep deep

understanding in the Word to come,

even better than You have given to us before.

Lord, we praise you.

Lord, we bless You

Lord, in this Book of James we all want to be doer of Your Word and not just hearer only.

I pray this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

note: I will post the lesson tomorrow. Please pray and meditate with me on

"Temptation Transformed"

The Lord is taking us a notch higher.

Love Yah!

abc

"Temptation Transformed" by the word of truth.

This is the last scripture in this section of Faith and Fatalism (James 1:13-18) it will lead us into the next section on "Applying the Word: Faith Within the Church (1:19–3:18)"

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

"Temptation Transformed" by the word of truth

Father God, we come to you this day asking for forgiveness of our sins, we come as humble as we know how. We come thanking you for your Word that you gave us a long time ago. Lord, when we give in to temptation and we are tempted to give up, help us remember that Your Word has the power to transform and give new life. For You Word is living and active. Your Word is Sharper than any double edged sword. Hebrews: 12. Lord it says in your word that all our righteous is as rags.

“Dirty rags transformed” Lord, we thank you for transforming us. Lord, we thank You that You see beyond who we are and looks instead at who we can become. An example in Your word is Peter, the rough fisherman who was tempted to deny Jesus, and You saw a man who could become the rock on which Your church was built.

Lord, thank You for looking at us and looking pass the things that tempt us to see the person we can become.

Lord, we are answering the call to give our life to You, we are asking that You will transform us.

James has reminded us not to doubt, God we know that You are a faithful giver of good gifts.

We are thanking you right now that You will continue Your transforming work in our lives.

=====================================================================================

This transforming process begins with birth. Let’s examine the two births and other element to this transforming process.

Two Births: God designed two types of birth

1.The flesh, born through human parents,

2.The spirit, born-again through Gods Word implanting new life. Jesus said, “Humans can reproduce only human life, but the holy Spirit give new life from Heaver” (John 3:6)

God’s Will is his specific design, intent, or purpose; His acting with a specific objective. Here, God’s will is His desire for humanity to experience new birth. “God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” 2 Peter 3:9

Firstfruits – Old Testament times, the Israelites offered their “First Fruits,” the first and best of their crops, to God. In the New Testament, “first fruits” refers to the first coverts in a place, the Christians of that age, or of Christ, who first rose from the dead adapted,

Life – Life springs from life. God’s Word – the Bible – is living and breathes new life into those who believe it message. “The word of God is full of living power” Hebrews 4:12

Free Will - God’s will is that we follow His perfect plan found in scripture. Yet, in His love, God has given us free will to make choices, even if our choices oppose his will. But how much better to pray, “I want your will, not mine “, Luke 22:42.

Gospel – Gospel literally means “good news” The gospel is the story of the saving work of God in His Son, Jesus Christ, and a call to faith and new life in Him. Jesus is more than a messenger of the gospel: he is the lining embodiment of the gospel.

God's Word is very important to believers: it is the basis of faith. Lets look at these scriptures to discover what the Word of God does.

Isa. 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Rom. 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1 Thess 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Lord, let us recieve these Word from you.

Lord, we are asking you to plant them in our heart.

Lord, we are asking you not only plant them, but, let them work in our lives.

Lord, teach us how to put Your Word into action and teach us to grow to become mature Christians as You desire us too.

We pray this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

abc

Applying the Word of God

Father God, We want to be righteous in Your sight. Teach us how to pluck out any “weeds’ in our heart and plant Your Word deep so we can act in a way that pleases You. Amen.

"Applying the Word: Faith Within the Church (James: 1:19–3:18)". Another title for this section was found as "Mirror, Mirror in the Word" James: 1:19-27

All mirrors have one thing in common: They don’t lie. James teaches us that God’s Word is a supernatural mirror that can look beneath the surface to expose the heart. We should be discovering that God is the God of all. God want us to be as it is said in these words, “Faithful in word and deed”. God’s mirror reveals the inconsistencies between religious activity that is useful or useless. This we, gaze into God’s looking glass and ask yourself:

1. Do I hear God’s Word? And am I doing what I hear and see? Let look at this a little closer and these scriptures.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

i.
Appearances
For the Lord does not see as mean sees’ for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart 1 Samueal 16:7)

ii.
Beloved
comes from the Greek word agape, used of God’s unconditional love for Christ, His Son. James loved the early church the same way God loves His Son. “Belove, If God so loved us wee also ought to love one another (1 John 4:11)

iii.
Do Your Hear
“Be swift to hear” is preceded by the phrase “so the,” referring back to verse 18 and the word of truth.” Jesus follower must listen to God’s infallible Word and evaluate every idea, philosophy, or piece of advice against it.

James 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

iv.
God Ways
- Our anger can never bring about God's righteousness, for God's ways are not our ways. His righteousness is seen in His holy and just actions. Even God's wrath, so different from ours, is an expression of His holy love and the personal manifestation of His moral character in judgment against sin.

How do we become slow to wrath? It is found in these scriptures

Ps 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Rom. 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

v.
Loving Advice
James proved his love by telling them hard truths. The truth is that behavior betrays birth: Those born of God have good behavior; those born of the flesh behave poorly.
"He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God" 3 John 11.

Instructions given to the beloved by the apostle Paul, to those beloved by God.

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Col. 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

vi.
Dull hearing
- Your spiritual ears may need cleaning so that the world's clamor doesn't drown out the wisdom of God' Word. "The hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them" Matthew 13:15.

Listed here are things that will dull our ability to hear God's Word clearly.

Advice from friends
Hollywood hype
Political pundits
Your own ideas
Self help books
Talk show tips
Latest gossip
, and Others_________________

vii.
Forces of Wrath
- Wrath means "hot anger, passion, or fierceness. It is an abiding and settled habit of the mind with the purpose of revenge" (Unger's)
"As the churning of milk produces butter, and wringing the nose produces blood, so the forcing of wrath produces strife" Proverbs 30:33)

Let us pray Father God, it is essential for us to listen when we are busy and when we are not.

Lord, give us ears to hear Your Word.

Lord, help us to apply Your Word in our lives.

Lord, help us to look in the mirror of Your Word", for corrections, instruction, and reproof. For Your Word don’t lie.

Lord, let us be swift to hear.

Lord, clean our spiritual ears of the world's clamor that we will hear You.

Lord, and when we hear let us be doer of Your Word and not just hearer only. Let us go into all the world and spread the Word, of You, spread the Word of Jesus. Spread the Word by the Holy Spirit.

Lord, open our heart that we receive this Word from you. We pray this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

abc

Be swift to hear and slow to speak.

[B]James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: [/b]

God will always test you to see if you learn the very lesson that He is trying to teach. I failed this test. This is my testimony, be swift to hear and slow to speak. I humbly ask God to forgive me. I am sure I will get the test again.

Sometimes we, too, are "hard of hearing." There are times when our eyes glaze over and people's words just float through our ears and pass the pain. Haven't we all responded with a vague "Uh huh" to a story we're not really listening to?

When it comes to hearing God, many times we are also spiritually hard of hearing. Often we are so busy thinking of what we want to say to God that we don't pay attention to what He's saying to us. The next time you spend time with God, reading His word, spend more time listening than talking.

abc

Do You Do?

Do you Do?

Let us start with this prayer. Lord, we come to You with an open heart and a open mind to receive Your Word. Lord, teach us to lay aside the weight, and implant in us Your seed that we will be fruitful. Lord, teach us to be a doer, teach us to step out, do and act on Your Word. Lord teach us how not to deceive ourselves. Lord help us to hear Your Word clearly and then do what You says. We ask this prayer in Jesus name. Amen.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save Your souls.

Word - Let us take a look at what the bible says in these scriptures about the Word:

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Mt 4:4.

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side Mt 13:19

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Mt 13:23

God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts. He knows the difference between the frauds and the fruitful: "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sow, that he will also reap"(Galatians 6:7). James teaches that a person of Living Faith is one who produces fruit by incorporating four key elements into her Christian walk: Repenting of all filthiness; Receiving the Word of Truth; Reproducing righteousness through doing what God says; Realistically examining one's life in light of God's Word.

We have learned to be swift to hear and slow to speak because we've received the word of truth. "Therefore" we must do something with what we've received.

For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 1:20

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save Your souls. James 1:21

Let us read the prior verse 20 to understand verse 21. James wants us to lay aside, the wrath of man and receive the Word of God with meekness, for it will enable us to be saved.

Lay Aside - To lay aside means to put away, cease, or depart from. James tells us to prepare the soil of our hearts by pulling out the weeds. Before God can produce righteousness in us, we must weed out the sin that stands between us and the fruits of righteousness.

Implanted - James compares God's Word to seed and the human heart to soil. Metaphorically, God's Word is implanted in our hearts at salvation. In the parable of the sower, Jesus describes four types of soil: in Matt. 13:3-9, 18-23.

Hard heart
- Does not understand or receive the word of God, so it does not bring forth fruit;

Shallow heart
; receives the Word with great emotion but has no depth, so it withers over time and bears no fruit.

Crowded heart
; lacks repentance and permits sinful attitudes and behaviors to crowd out the Word, so it bears no fruit.

Fruitful heart
; receives the Word, allows it to take root and produces a bountiful harvest.

This is a Do: God desires to implant His Word deep in our heart, bringing forth fruit. Make a list of people You know who have similar hearts and write a prayer asking God to make their hearts fruitful, include Yourself in this prayer, by using the words "us, we, and our" in Your prayer.

Do You Do? - Some people mistakenly believe that attending church or hearing a good sermon makes them grow as Christians. However, it is not the hearing but the doing that brings about spiritual fruit. We must do the Word. Don't just mark You Bible; let the Bible mark Your life.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving Your own selves. James 1::22

We are to be doer of the word and not just hearers only. We will be in danger of deceiving ourselves and failing to be fruitful.

Transformation of being doers, laying aside sinful behavior is like weeding a garden.

The scripture tell us that we must pull out the weeds from our heart.

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of Your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Eph. 4:22-25

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of Your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Col. 3:8-10

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 1 Pet. 2:1-2

Meekness: We are to receive the implanted Word with meekness. Meekness is an attitude of humility toward God and gentleness toward others, springing from a recognition that God is in control. God promises blessing for those who exhibit this characteristic. "The meek shall inherit the earth" Psalm 37:11

Deceit: We lean that Satan deceives us, tempting us to sin. Self deception is every bit as dangerous as Satan's deception. It's important not to fool ourselves and, as a result, act foolishly, " If we say that we have not sin, we deceive ourselves" 1 John 1:8

Lord, we thank You for giving us an open heart and a open mind to receive this Word.

Lord, we thank You that we are learning to lay aside the weight,

Lord, we thank You for implanting Your seed, we are hoping to be fruitful.

Lord, we thank You for giving us Your Holy Spirit that will teach us to be a doer, teach us to step out, do and act on Your word.

Lord, we thank You for informing us not to deceive ourselves.

Lord, we thank You for helping us to hear Your Word clearly, so we can do what You says.

We ask this prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

abc

This is a Do

Did you remember to do this one.

This is a Do:

God desires to implant His Word deep in our heart, bringing forth fruit. Make a list of the times you know when you have or had similar hearts and write a prayer asking God to make your hearts fruitful. :rolleyes:

God has sown something amazing in the soil of our hearts - the implanted Word. For the Word to grow, not only do we weed out "all filthiness," but we must also make our hearts more fertile by doing what the Word instructs us to do. God's Word is much more than water to a parched soul; it is Miracle-Gro that will produce a bountiful harvest in the lives of Christians who have Living Faith.

"There are two things to do about the Gospel ---believe it and behave it." Susanna Wesley

abc

Fruitful heart; receives the Word, allows it to take root and produces a bountiful ha

Now I like to share my list with you.

Hard heart- Does not understand or receive the Word of God, so it does not bring forth fruit;

There was and time in my life that I did not understand the Word and not only did I not understand I did not know the Word. I relied on mom, dad, uncle, aunties, pastor, teacher, and friends. Tribal Knowledge is what I call it. One day I had to learn to pick up the bible and read God's Word for my self and I found that what people were telling me wasn't in the Word of God. I had based by Christian walk on "tribal knowledge". All that time I was basing my relationship with God with tribal knowledge and I was not receiving the Word of God. Therefore no Word now fruit.

Shallow heart; receives the Word with great emotion but has no depth, so it withers over time and bears no fruit.

There was a time in my life that I got so caught up in emotion and I receives the Word, I was torn, I asked for forgiveness, I was praising in the church, I was singing in the church, walking around talking about I love Jesus. I was telling people you better go to church. I was happy. So over time it withers and there were no fruit. I was a Christian acting like a Christian, a duck is a duck and I quack like a duck and still no fruit.

Crowded heart; lacks repentance and permits sinful attitudes and behaviors to crowd out the Word, so it bears no fruit.

There was a time in my life that I lack repentance, I didn't know what repentance even meant. I permitted sinful attitudes and behavior to come into my life and then I look up and there was no Word in my life. Yes, no Word no fruit.

Fruitful heart; receives the Word, allows it to take root and produces a bountiful harvest

One day:

I ask Jesus to come into my life, take away my sins, write my name in the book of life. Give me the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus. Amen

After that day I begin to study the Word from Genesis to Revelation under a teacher who was rooted and had a foundation in the Word of God. After I took that class my life begin to change. I had a foundation in the Word of God, the Bible, that Word begins to take root and produce a bountiful harvest. I took another class in the Word, and another class in the Word and my life changed. I no longer quack like a duck. I spoke the Word of God straight from the Word of God the Bible. Jesus is my Lord, and Savior. I receive the Holy Ghost to help sustain me in the Word of God, taught me how to pray, taught me how to teach, taught me how to love, taught me how to walk and walk with the sword of the spirit. Taught me how to lay aside, to put away, cease, or depart from sinful attitudes and behaviors. The Holy Spirit taught me to prepare the soil of my hearts by pulling out the weeds.

I pray this pray Dear Jesus thank for coming into my heart,

Lord, I thank You for washing away my sins,

Lord, I thank You for giving me Your Holy Spirit.

Lord, I thank You for writing my name in the book of life. I thank You

Lord, I thank you for a Fruitful heart; to receives the Word, and allows it to take root and produces a bountiful harvest in me..

I pray that you will do it for others. Fill my cup and let it over flow with love.

Fill my cup and let it produce a bountiful harvest in others

Lord, thank you for this day and for ever more. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

abc

Meditate and prepare our heart for the next Word.

Let us meditate on this lesson and be ready to move on the next lesson.

Do you see?

abc

Do You See

2. Do You See

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. James 1:23-24

Observe: Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD. Psalm 107:43

James reveals that in the spiritual realm, motion is also a great deceiver. When we read God's Word hastily, we fail to see our spiritual flaws and stop long enough to do something about them. Today as you hold the mirror of God's Word up to your life, don't rush away before you have the chance to ask yourself, "Do I really see myself?" James challenges us to remember what we look like when we gaze into the mirror of God's Word.

Mirror: Ancient mirrors were polished brass or bronze. Only the rich could afford mirrors of gold or silver. These metal mirrors, more primitive than the glass mirrors developed in the fourteenth century, gave distorted reflections. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

Glance: The word observes implies that people often merely glance at their reflection. The problem with glancing is that we've likely to forget what we've seen. So, too, when we only give God's Word a cursory glance, we're less like to remember what we've read.

James 1: 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Perfect Law: God's Word is perfect because it is inerrant, flawless and complete. The law emphasizes God's commands requiring obedience. Liberty focuses on redemption from sin and bondage. "The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul" Psalm 19:7

Do you see? The purpose of a mirror is to see yourself as you are and do something about what you see. The mirror of God's Word reflects the true nature of our hearts.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

The Word of God…. Exposes us for what we really are."

Transform Us: Looking into God's Word helps us to really see our spiritual appearance. Answer these questions:

1. How often do you look into a mirror to check your physical appearance?

2. Do you like what you see?

3. How often do you look into the mirror of God's Word?

4. Do you like what you see?

Today we learned that we must continually look into God's Word, putting into practice what we read.

Let us write a prayer to God committing to live out what you have learned form God's Word by rewriting the following scripture:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8

This is our prayer;

Lord, the Bible, Your Book is the only book I know that speaks Your Word.

Lord, it speaks Your Word, because Your Book is You.

Lord, we pray that this book of the law be ever so on our lips.

Lord, we pray that Your Holy Spirit keep Your Word in our thoughts day and night.

Lord, we pray that we may keep Your Word with care, and everything in it.

Lord, it says in Your Word that a blessing will be on all our way.

Lord, we thank you for Your blessing, love, joy, peace, kindness, gentleness, etc.

Lord, Your Word will help us do well, when we follow You.

Lord, we pray this pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Look intently: The looking that James encourages comes from a word meaning "to been beside; lean over; peer within; look intently; or stop down" (adapted, Strong's). In contrast to casually observing an image in a mirror, to gaze carefully and with serious intent at God's Word requires time, attention, and sincere devotion.

God's Word: The Bible is such an indescribable book that one name alone can't convey all it contains. "Scripture"; "our daily bread', "the perfect law of liberty', "sward of the spirit"' "pure milk", and "water" are just a few names given for God's Word.

James called the Bible "The perfect law of liberty." In Psalm 19: 7-9, it teaches us about God's Word.

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. Psalms 19:7-9 --- continues next post

abc

"The perfect law of liberty."

James called the Bible "The perfect law of liberty." In Psalm 19: 7-9, it teaches us about God's Word.

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. Psalms 19:7-9

What it's Call

The Law of the Lord

The testimony of the Lord

The statutes of the Lord

The fear of the LORD

The Commandment of the Lord

The judgments of the Lord

What it Is

Perfect

Sure

Right

is pure

is clean

true and righteous

What it Does

Converts the soul

Making wise the simple

Rejoicing the heart

Enlightening the eyes

Enduring for ever

Altogether

Let's pray:

Lord You have placed a burning desire in our hearts to sever You.

Lord, let's receive Your Word, Lord we as that you open eyes and let's see that Your Word is the law, Your Word the testimony, Your Word is the statutes, Your Word is the commandment from You, Your Word is the Word we fear. You Word is judgment, and we should judge righteously with the Word that You have given us for our lives.

Lord, Your word is perfect, sure, righteous, pure, clean, and true before us.

Lord, we thank You that Your Word converts the soul, make the wise simple, gives a rejoicing heart, enlightening the eyes, and we thank You that Your Word endures forever altogether.

Lord, we give You praise, in Jesus name, Amen

abc

Hi Ladies,

I have to go to Texas, so I hope I will have sometime there to get on the internet.

I will have my laptop. I will study and while I am there.

I have not seen my family in 6 years. So much to talk about. I plan to leave on Sunday.

Love you all keep me and my family in your prayers.

I will try to post the next lesson before I leave. So pray, study the word and spend time with God.

As you alway do.

Love Yah

abc

I am Truly Sorry Ladies

I am deeply sorry, I did not get to post.

I got one quaters of the way and I did want to just post anything up.

When it come to God and His word I like to do my best.

Love all of you. I will try to finish it out there and post there or when I get back

Thank you for understanding.

Please pray and meditate on the next post for this week that God will give us a word to help us in our walk with Him while on the christian journey.

3. Do You Speak?

If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceivers his own heart, this one's religion is useless. James 1:26

abc

Hello Moms,

I am back in town and I am sleeping. Thanks for all your prayers. I hope to catch up with all of you.

abc

Do You Speak?

Lord, we thank You for what You are doing in our lives.

Lord, we pray that we received this Word from You and let it work in us.

Lord, let your Word go forth and clean up where we are dirty.

Lord, let your Word teach us how to walk in Your ways

Lord, let us speak for You, that somebody be saved.

In the name of Jesus. Amen

3. Do You Speak?

Father, help me to bridle my tongue, by my words, reveal to the word that I have a relationship with you. Keep me mindful that religion without relationship is worthless. Amen

Pleasing Words - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Our words expose whether we are compassionate or critical; loving or hateful; generous or greedy. The Bible teaches that our words loudly proclaim the condition of our hearts. It has been estimated spend one-fifth of our lives talking, speaking at least eighteen thousand words per day. James reminds us to ask ourselves, 'What do I speak?" The words we say reveals whether we are righteous or merely religious.

If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceivers his own heart, this one's religion is useless. James 1:26

Religious - To be religious means to be pious concerning ceremonial observance to carefully participate in the outward rituals of religious service such as liturgies and other ceremonies. The apostle Paul used the same root word to describe his former life as a Pharisee.

Bridle - A bridle is "anything that restrains, like the head harness of a horse" (Webster's). While it is impractical to put a physical bridle on our mouths, it is smart to put on a mental bridle. "Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit" (Psalm 34:13.

Godliness - Godliness speaks of piety or reverence toward God. More than religious profession, it is the power of a vital union with God that results in godly speech and conduct. "But you ….pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness" (1 Timothy 6:11)

Lord we thank You that the Bible teaches that our words loudly proclaim the condition of our hearts.

Lord, let us examine our hearts and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.

Lord, let us bridle, restrains, our mouths and keep our tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit"

We pray this prayer in Jesus name, Amen

abc

Next topics

Hi ladies,

I will have something for you tomorrow. I have been totally swamped upon my return from Texas.

Please bare with me and pray that God give me strenght and time to complete this section.

The Next topics are:

Holy Speech

Edification

and then how to transform it into our lives.

From there we move on to

Do You Go?

Holy Speech

Holy speech: The words that we believers speak are a reflection of the one we serve. If we speak carelessly or thoughtlessly, we misrepresent God. Before speaking we should pray, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in You sight, O Lord” Psalm 19:14

Edification: As believers, we should exalt God and uplift one another with our speech., To edify literally means to build up. Christians are edified not only by godly speech but also by understanding spiritual truth through the work of evangelists, pastors, and teachers.

James encourages us to bridle our tongues. Look at our month and see where we struggling. Is it that:

I chatter mindlessly

I gossip brutally

I boast about accomplishments

I speak about God

I never talk

I remind people I’m religious

I talk if it’s quiet

I interrupt conversation.

Here are some scripture on how to engage in godly speech.

Psalms 35:28
And
my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness
and of
thy praise
all the day long.

Psalms 119:171
My lips shall utter praise
, when thou hast taught me thy statutes. 172
My tongue shall speak of thy word
: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Ephesians 4:15
But
speaking the truth in love
, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth
, but that
which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace
unto the hearers.

Lord, help us to never let an indecent word slip from our mouth.

Lord let of speak of thy righteousness and thy praise.

Lord, let us speak of your truth in love.

Lord, let not corrupt communication proceed out of our mouth.

Lord, we want to speak of Your ways, walk in the light of you.

Lord, help us to grow in godliness. "Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love" II Peter 1:5-7.

I ask this pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

abc

Do You Go?

4. Do You Go?

Our next lesson in James is on Do you Go?

Please read and meditate on these scriptures;

James 1:26 If any man among You seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Lord, open our ears so we will learn of you.

Lord, we want to learn to Go.

In James, it teaches us to go.

Lord, let us do Your will and go where you want us to go.

In Jesus name Amen.

4. Do You Go?

Father, I want to go where you say, to love whom You love, to keep myself unsullied by the world. Please empower me to exhibit pure and undefiled religion. Amen.

Undefiled - Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord! Psalm 119:1

Religion - The word religion comes from religare, which means reading over or paying careful attention to divine things. It refers to a system of worship with specific patterns of behavior. Religious rituals are not bad so long as they reflect true reverence and obedience to God.

Helpless - To God, neglecting helpless widows and orphans is as bad as witchcraft, lying, or adultery. "I will be a swift witness against sorcerers, against adulterers, against perjurers, against those who exploit….widows and orphans…because they do not fear Me,' says the lord" Malachi 3:5

Stain Free - Unspotted means unstained. The spiritual stains of sin can only be washed clean by Christ's blood. Once cleansed we can stay clean through obedience and confession. "If we confess our sins to him he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong" 1 John 1:9 NLT.

Pure - Pure means clean; undefiled means free from contamination. Spiritually, religion becomes defiled when mixed with sinful motives. "The commandments and doctrines of men…. Have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, …….. but are of no value" Colossians 2:22-23

Do you Go? - To visit means more than casually dropping by. It means to look out for, care for, and offer relief. In the early church, the neediest people were orphans and widows who, without the benefit of life insurance or welfare program, were often in desperate straits.

World - The world refers not to plant earth but to fallen humanity alienated from God. The world's systems of ungodly philosophies and values oppose God's holy precepts. Paul said, "We have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God" 1 Corinthians 2:12.

Lord, please give me those daily graces necessary to be fruitful in virtue and in good works.

abc