Sign in to follow this  
Christi

looking for a LEGITIMATE stay at home job

Hi, I am new here. I am looking for a legitimate job that I can do from home. I am a part time teacher at a Christian School, and need more income. I also have a 3, 2, and 1 year old, so I can't afford to have them in daycare more than I already do. I would also like to spend more time with them at home thus my dilemma.

If you know of any stay at home jobs that don't require money up front and that is something I can count on please let me know. Thank you, Christi

Christi,

Have you thought about tutoring? I know some ladies(one who works part-time in our Christian school) that tutor a few afternoons a week. Being a teacher this might be a good fit for you. A lot of homeschool moms really appreciate the extra help as well as those who just can't get enough help in school.

I wish you the best in you search! Hope you're not overloaded with all kinds of "work at home with my team" offers. Not that there aren't great opportunities out there, but 99%+ of them involve investment. Praying the Lord answers your prayer and provides just what you need!

Blessings, Tracey

Hi Christi

:)

I'm a stay at home grandma & I'm enjoying it.

I wish you well, I can email you, if you'd like me to tell you what I do?

God Be with you in whatever you choose to do!

Patti

pnor0827@yahoo.com

looking for work?

What are you wanting to do from home? I like the idea of a tutor. have you thought of kkeping kids like an after school care program? Maybe you are where the school bus can drop kids right off at your house that need someone to watch them for a couple of hours before the parents get off work? I know 3 small children of your own are hard to manage but if you could keep kids when you are off work that may bring in a little. I am a former teacher that now works from home online. I wanted to stay home with my kids to. I have 3 children also 8,4, and 1. So I know how you feel.

I wish you the best of luck in your search

Misty

I am an Independent MaryKay Beauty consultant, and loving it! I just got started and it is a wonderful christian oriented business. I love make up and fellowshipping with other women. Friday I had a teacher at my daughter's school tell me she needed makeup, so I worked a special on some makeup for her to take some orders for me from her friends at the school. All I have to do now is go back and pick up my orders! Best wishes to you!

legit - risk free work from home job

I understand your position and have an opportunity for you to research. There is a $29 initial enrollment fee, but that is refundable within 120 days if you are not happy. Our team is made up primarily of stay at home moms...I think we can help.

Visit my website at http://www.betterfamilywellness.com and click the GET MORE INFO tab, complete the form and I will contact with more information you if you are interested. There is NO OBLIGATION or commitment...I simply want to share what I have recently learned about a wonderful work from home opportunity that might be helpful to you.

Hope to hear from you

This may be your answer

Hi Christi! I have just begun a stay-at-home business with Arbonne. Its a Swiss skin care line that produces RESULTS. The way to make a great income in this business is through time leveraging. Basically, you build a team, who builds a team and so on. I was very skeptical about this when I was first introduced but the more I researched, the better I thought it was. My husband is a finance director and we're working to build our business so we can both be home. He's a hard sale but he loved the idea and the products. Please visit our website to learn more and let us know if you're interested. The link is http://www.bellegrovearbonne.homestead.com. With your teaching skills, I think you would be a great team member in teaching others about Arbonne and coaching new business partners.

Howdy~ :rolleyes:

I know that everyone is going to give you their information, so I am going to add mine :p . There are so many opportunities out there and I would like to share what has helped my family and those on my team. I have been working from home for a little over a year with them and absolutely LOVE IT! :) It has added an extra income to our home and I have been able to work with my 3 children at home. If you are willing to work on the phone and computer, and are willing to learn the training provided--then I could find a spot on my team to help you. Our team is all about helping one another and focused with health in mind. March is the month to get started for only $9.95 and that gets you $75.00 in free products**, a dvd, cd's, catalogs, magazines, books, and much more. Our team provides free websites, advertising and marketing packets, and unlimited free training. If you are willing to learn, and want to get more information visit my website:

http://FinallyFamilyTime.com

To your success,

Dawn Townsend

email: dawndawn@iglide.net

a great opportunity

hey christie,

i happenedto see your message and wanted to share with you what i've done. i also am a stay at home mom with a 5, 4, and 2 year old, and i know finances are tight for all of us at this stage. i've recently become a part of "the mom team" and started a business through a wellness company. if you'd like to visit my website, http://www.themomteam.com/cgi-bin/mom.cgi?id=ma469548&action=show and click on the "more info" and email me (ml_garv@hotmail.com) any questions you may have, i'd be more than happy to share my experiences.

hope to hear from you soon.

maureen

An Opportunity that is Awesome!

Hi,

This is a great site that I just found this morning. I don't know if I can be of help to you in any way, but you can check out my site and see if it is something that you might like to do.

I am a born-again Christian, and one day, I just asked the LORD to show me a business that I could do from home. I almost cried, for in about 5 minutes, a Christian newsletter came to my box, and in it was a suggestion to look at this home based business. I must confess that I was dumbfounded, for so often we pray, and then can't believe it, when GOD answers our prayers. I checked it out thoroughly, as I did not want to mar our testimony in any way. I never imagined that I would become a candle consultant with an awesome company, that has no quotas, sales requirements, etc. My upline, told me to take my time, and see if it was something that I felt would be a fit for me. I did, and ended up signing up in the Candle of the Month Club, which could be cancelled at any time. It was under $50.00 a month, which included a new scent eacb month of 1-16 oz. candle, 12 votives, a bar of soy soap and a web-site. If it is not one of the scents that I want, then, I just sell it to recoup some of that money. If you want any more info, just let me know and I will send you a packet of information. Or you can check out a short busienss overview at: http://www.niftysoyscents.com/business/startup.swf

Once I experienced the Mia Bella Candle, I knew why scented candle customers worldwide call it, "The Best Performing, Cleanest Burning Scented Candle in the world."

I just came back from the convention in Pennsylvania, and I could not believe how many Christians I met in this business. It was absolutely awesome, to hear others tell how the LORD had led them to this business, and how integrity and faith plays such a part in our business.

What I have really enjoyed is that I can do most of my business online, refer others to the business, do parties, fundraisers, baskets, etc. It is whatever, I choose to do, and that I feel comfortable with.

If you love scented candles, or know of someone who is looking to make some extra income, please pass this information on to them.

I never talk anyone into doing this, but “what if” the LORD brought this opportunity to you, just like HE did to me.

May the LORD bless you in all your endeavours!

Mary Bachert

http://www.niftysoyscents.com

Mary@niftysoyscents.com

Christi,

I was so excited when I saw your message about work and kids. I have a six year old daughter that I quit a very lucrative government job in order to stay home and be with when she was younger. When she started school, I thought it was safe to go back to work. I am now in a job that requires me to work about 55 hours a week and I have been doing this for over a year. I am so tired most of the time that I have no energy or time to give to my daughter. I feel horrible not being there for her. If you find anything out there that would help, please let me know.

Lisa

Christi,

We all have seen the ads for work at home businesses but there are so many that it can be overwhelming. As far as no to low start up costs, that may be tough to find. I think Avon is only $10 to get started and some people do very well with that. I have been working at home for thelast 10 years doing medical transcription. Although it can be very lucrative, you probably aren't interested in going through the time and cost for training though. I am also an advisor for lia sophia jewelry and that is a lot of fun. I can set my own schedule and be home with the kids all day. There are sooo many different direct sales companies, and if you think that is something worth a shot, just do some research on products YOU like and maybe a company will jump out at you. Good luck!!

Shelley

lia sophia advisor

http:/www.liasophia.com/shelley

Guest PASLOVER

well visit http://Http://www.prepaidlaw.ca it really is a blessing for me and you can call me if you have questions the best part is they pay next day direct deposit and i am not ashamed to offer this to anyone cause they will benefit the most

I know you are probably overwhelmed with all the responses. I am a Christian preschool teacher and like you wanted and needed to bring in more income. I became a Do-Re-Me & You Consultant in March of 2006. I choose this company after looking into a lot of different ones. I was nervous as I wasn't sure if I had what it took. But I loved the products and the consultant fee was very low for what I received.....and if I didn't want I could have earned it for free. I choose to pay the start up fee because I wanted to get going. I have been really pleased with everything about the company. Do-Re-Me & You is a division of Kindermusik so all the products are educational and incorporate music into the learning process. This makes it not only fun for the kids but the caregivers. I have received great support from not only my leader but national headquarters. It is a relatively new company so if you want the income opportunity is definitely there. I personally am using it as a supplement and not primary income but know others that make primary income with it. My kids have loved all the products I have earned for free and I am going to be on our local news station next week talking about the products and ways parents could use them for summer vacations. If it is something you would be interested in, please check out my website - http://drmy.myvoffice.com/tinaellis.

Thanks for reading and good luck on finding something. I think that babysitting or after school care would be a great way to make some extra money.

Tina

Another suggestion

Hi Christy!

Believe me, I totally know where you are coming from. There are so many scams out there promising everything under the sun! It's so not fair that people take advantage of us moms that want to do right for our kids.

I pray you find exactly what is right for you and your family. God will bless your desire if you seek Him in all you do. Sometimes His timing isn't quite as quick as we would like but it's ALWAYS right!!

God bless,

Kimberley Hatzfeld

http://www.BestCandleBiz.com

Hi there,

I read your message and my heart aches for you because I have been exactly where you are. I have 2 children and cannot afford daycare but we cannot live on my husband's income alone. I searched for over 3 years. I even tried daycare, didn't work because I was so tied down to my home I couldn't take my kids to school. Plus people never wanted to pay. I tried envelope stuffing, which was a scam. I tried many other home based businesses only to have none of them ever pay me.

I was praying and asking God to show me what He wanted me to do to earn an income. That day I found AmeriPlan USA. I have now been with them for over 15 months! AmeriPlan is a nationwide company that helps people with affordbale health and dental benefits. Now that was something I could relate to. It is only $50 to get started which compared to all the others was phenomenal. I made $1,000 in my first 21 days working very part time. Every one needs affordable health and dental benefits or to make more money. Now I have found something I have a passion for and the compnay is something I can be proud of. No parties, or stocking products. Just a couple hours a day around my kid's schedules.

Anyhow, I know you have recieved alot of ideas here. So here is one more to check out and see what is the best fit for you.

Here is my website: http://www.yourlegacyteam.com/shalisha

I would love to hear from you and pray with you about where God wants you!

Be blessed,

Shalisha Moren0

Hi,

It is so awesome to hear of all the success. The Lord to has blessed me with an awesome opportunity also. The major difference is we do not sell motions, lotions or potions. Not saying that those business are bad one. We have been led to sell recess. Let me explain:

YTB brings you the perfect opportunity to transform your life through combining the fun of travel with the speed of the Internet, multiplied by the power of referral marketing to provide YOU with the ultimate home-based business solution. YTB is taking the industry by storm!!

By combining an advantage-rich, home-based business (built around the Internet) with an extremely lucrative (and copyrighted) compensation plan, YTB has become "The Choice" for thousands of opportunity seekers. In today's marketplace, myriads of companies seek your time and attention, each claiming that their opportunity is the best.

By combining the powerful information handling capability of the Internet with the world’s most dynamic product (TRAVEL) and the personal touch of independent, home-based business people, YTB has joined these three trends together in a flawless combination. The Internet is opening the doors to the riches of travel as never before. By utilizing our simple strategies and proven techniques we can show you how to leverage your time to generate a residual income 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

YTB Offers You:

A real, tangible home-based Travel Agency Business you can run from anywhere in the world or from the comfort of your kitchen table!

* Huge discounts on hotels, car rentals, luxury cruises, upgrades, exotic vacation packages and many more travel perks

* Personal travel agent photo ID card and credentials

* State of the art travel agency in greater St. Louis

* Up to 60% paid commissions on your personal website

* Online booking engines

* Affiliate marketing program

* Company familiarization trips

* Total service and support

* And so much more!

We are publically traded and just formed a 100% partnership with Travelocity

Please check out our booking engine http://www.onlinetravelprices.com

Also, if what you see has any interest, please visit http://www.wealthintravel.com

God Bless,

Angelique

Hi Christi,

I will say that direct sales businesses are tough to start, but they can be very rewarding. I am starting on the ground level with VeggieTales Moms, the first direct sales company that is dedicated solely to providing quality, Christ-centered entertainment products for children. Today is actually the company's official lauch date. The opportunity for growth is there with the company being so new; you actually do have an open market and limited competition for new recruits and new customers. There are three levels of start-up kits, so you can try a small, inexpensive kit and see how it works for you. Then slowly build your inventory, as you earn to afford it, which is still an investment in your family, as all your products can go to benefit your children as well.

Direct sales is an industry where you truly get out of it what you put in. Like right now, I am looking to see if there are folks out there who need VeggieTales Moms, and I felt compelled to answer your post, if for nothing else, than to give you the option. In the end, I hope you truly find the job/career that works the best for you!

Blessings,

Katie

Just popping in to see if the gal who started this post has found anything that works for her? That's a rough stage to be in, I've always bent & stretched to be working where my kids are. I started substituting as a teacher's aide at their school waaay back when, and that worked quite well. It really takes doing more than one thing, juggling several things at once (hey, we're women, that's what God designed us for, lol!) I also had a niche market that I did quite well with until an injury took away my ability to do it. Do you have a hobby you are very good at? Perhaps something connected with that could be another thing, teaching or selling something connected with it. I think anything you do on your own will take time, maybe you could scale back your work hours as you build something else. I wish you all the best as you seek time with your babes!

Try this...

Hi, I am new here. I am looking for a legitimate job that I can do from home. I am a part time teacher at a Christian School, and need more income. I also have a 3, 2, and 1 year old, so I can't afford to have them in daycare more than I already do. I would also like to spend more time with them at home thus my dilemma.

If you know of any stay at home jobs that don't require money up front and that is something I can count on please let me know. Thank you, Christi

Christi i feel your pain. As a Father of 3 and a stay at home dad i know what you are going through. I would suggest taking surveys. I have a website that i update everyday for free Survey Sites. I know how hard it was for me to find somthing i could do to help pay some bills. After my twins were born my wife thought it best if i stayed at home with the children. She hates to stay at home, but i didnt mind. But, we still needed two incomes to support ourselves. Now, taking surveys wont make you rich. But, it will help with your electric bill or to put food on the table.

My site is 100% free. Any site that i have Certified means that you will never have to pay to join them or to take their surveys. My list grows everyday so there is always somthing new. I also have a scam site list which has survey sites you should avoid.

This will help you with getting some money into your household. If you have any questions im always online helping others out so please feel free to e-mail me.

smiller@officialsurveypage.com

http://www.officialsurveypage.com

Stacey

I don't know what you have worked out, but I tried to find some things to do as well. After my second child was born I *like an earlier poster mentioned* signed up with MaryKay. I would say that any 'at home business' or 'independent business' has the potential to work and earn a great income. Examples: Pampered Chef, MaryKay, Amway, Avon, etc. The key to a business working for you is if you feel you are gifted in the area of Sales. I learned early on that I am not a salesman "saleswoman". I have a very hard time trying to pressure someone to buy something or even ask them nicely.

I would say that if you have drive, determination, and really good administrative skills, then try something like MaryKay or Pampered Chef (or another business). But if you don't think it's an area you are gifted in, perhaps trying something else would be easier.

I kind of liked the Tutor idea that another person mentioned. Do you know of any ways to get involved with the school system or privately to have an in-home tutoring service or something? Perhaps even asking other parents that you know first and see if there is an interest there. It's possible that you could find enough people to supplement your income, while at the same time doing something your heart is already drawn to.

Part of me would like to go back to work, and a huge part of me would love to find a great 'at home' job that won't cost me more than I can make...but for now I am home and I love the time with my kids too.

I pray that God will direct your heart concerning all your options and that he will put people in your path to help you achieve your dreams. May God bless your family,

Scion

Veggie Mom???

Hey,

I just started working with VeggieTalesMoms. It works like Pampered Chef or Tupperware. There was a small start up fee but it has been so much fun and it is something my little girl can enjoy too. I work full time so I really haven't had a lot of time to put into if but I have networked with people at work and the ladies I work with were excited to purchase veggie Tale merchandise for their kids! You can check out my web site http://www.vtmoms.com/joannaherndon just to see if its something you are interested in. I really feel that God is going to bless what VeggieTales Moms is doing. There is so much junk on TV and Veggie Tales offeres a great alternavitve that I think parents are looking for!

God Bless and I pray God will lead you right where he wants you!

-Joanna

I am also interested in looking for extra income. I've looked at most of these websites posted and they all seem great. But I've also been looking at data entry. What are your opinions, experiences(if any) and where can I find legitimate online data entry that someone can do at home?

What do you WANT to do?

I don't know about Christy, but I've gotten some ideas. I'm a freelance writer, and I've just recently started making a decent income (probably comparable to outside of the home if you deducted daycare, commuting expenses, and what not) writing for different sites online. I started VERY slow and after a few months had built a reputation that helps me get jobs.

If sales are not your thing, then help us guide you on your way by letting us know what kind of things you are interested in.

Yes you can work from home!

Been doing that for 9 years now, and wouldn't change a thing! The LORD blessed me with this business, and through this business I have the opportunity to share that blessing.

Would love to share further!

Blessings

Mhairi

http://www.mhairi.usana.com

:)