abc

Sunday's Sermon and a Prayer Request

He is looking for fruit...

The title of our sermon this week was “He is looking for fruit”.

The key scripture was Luke 13:6-9:

Then he told this parable: "A man had a fig tree, planted in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it, but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?'

" 'Sir,' the man replied, 'leave it alone for one more year, and I'll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.' "

There were many supporting scriptures but a key supporting one was Galatians 5:22-23:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

We were challenged to examine ourselves in this…if we were trees and God came strolling by, what fruit would He see on it? How can we produce fruit? What fruits do we produce and what fruit do we not produce?

I was encouraged in knowing that God has done a great work in me as previously there was no fruit on my tree, but now I am seeing some fruit coming forth in my life. I praise God for taking this barren tree and enabling it to bloom and begin to produce fruit.

I was convicted though in the areas I know I still need to produce fruit in. Patience and self-control in my life regarding some issues and people sprung up in my heart immediately. Gentleness and kindness toward people involved in those issues also came to mind.

At the altar call I prayed for God to continue to do His work in me and to help me surrender issues to Him, and help me to hear His voice clearer and directions so that I may produce better fruit.

It also gave me pause to think..when I have joy and lose it..what is going on there and how did I allow it to happen.

This week I must continue to seek God as far as some emotional issues in my life and to wait on His guidance, thus producing more self control, gentleness, kindness and patience towards adversarial situations/people. Keeping my emotions under control in a Godly manner (ie not flying off the hook, or feeling discouragement or despair) is a big thing God is working in my life right now and I praise Him for it!

Worship was also awesome today. I felt the Spirit of the Lord touch me and I was very grateful for His loving touch and encouragement.

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;

Topic: Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. 2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Mark 4:1-20

1 Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge.

2 He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3 "Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.

5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times." 9 Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." 10 When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11 He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'" 13 Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14 The farmer sows the word. 15 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16 Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop--thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."

How can I appy it in the week to come?

Pay attention and study the word, don't just hear it, receive it, do it, live it, learn it, and be it.

Or it will slip away. I will do my best at staying in the word, hide it in my heart. Not my physical heart, the heart of my soul.

Anyone else care to share?

Come out from them and be seperate...

Key Scripture: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

17"Therefore come out from them

and be separate, says the Lord.

Touch no unclean thing,

and I will receive you."

18"I will be a Father to you,

and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Sermon this week centered on - when we leave church do we fall into the worldly world and all of its traps or do we stay as temples of the Holy Spirit, exhibiting fruit. Do we say, thats a nice sermon, then go home to sin? Do we pass up opportunities to be Christian witnesses because it is unpopular with the world? Do we have Fear of God or fear of man?

We ended discussing 2Corninthians 7:1:

1Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Challenge for this week: Walk the Christian walk, whether it is popular or not, received well or not. Do not fall into the snares and traps of the enemy and the world in order to be accepted. For myself, I challenge myself to be more sensitive and open to Jesus speaking to my heart to be a Christian witness to others.

From the second scripture, I feel challenged to pray to the Lord to reveal dark areas in my soul that may hinder my Christian walk to bring light to any areas revealed.

It must be very difficult to be yoked with an unbeliever.

This walk is tough as it is, now mix that with an unbeliever.

I pray for those who are unbeliever to be drawn to Christ.

I pray for those who ae yoked with unbeliever, their job is a lot harder.

Our Gifts and talent that He has given.

Sorry Ladies I was off track but this is the sermon that I commented on........... see below.

Thank you mistyb43

This is last Sundays sermon:

Just a little background on me since I am new: I have been raised in the church, my dad was a pastor since I was six, he recently retired ( I am now well, just say over 30) anyway, so I know the Bible pretty well, still have so much to learn. But I have heard this parable many times before but it was like an ahah moment, the light just went on! one of our missionaries preached it during missions week.

Scripture Luke 19:12-27

This is the parable of the nobleman that gave each of his servants 10 pounds to keep until he returned. When he returned he saw how each one had invested the 10 pounds. The first doubled his and the nobleman gave him charge over 10 cities, the second increased by 5 fold and he was in charge of 5 cities and so forth.

Well, as he was preaching this it hit me, as the missionary was saying, Jesus is going to come back and see what we have done with the gifts and abilites he has given us. he will then decide what kind of rewards we will get. Not everyone will get the same thing. It is not like everyone wins the same prize you might say. I of course knew this but never really really thought about it like that. So anyway I was truly touched this week and am asking the Lord to help me and guide me in reevaluating my life.

Anyway, that is my two cents

Have a great weekend!

Misty

Jesus is going to come back and see what we have done with the gifts and abilites he has given us.

We are going to be held accountable for the gifts that God has given us.

Some of us are called to pray and we don't pray, some are called to teach and we don't teach, some of us are called to lead, and we don't lead and soul winners and we dont even mention the name of Jesus, and some are called for serve and we serve ourself.

What are you called to do?

Are you doing It?

Do you need help?

Do you need to take the first step?

What is it the you need to take the leap of faith?

Next sermon coming up.

We did Church!!

My family was able to attend church this am for the first time in several weeks. It was a marker day, as much of what was discussed and the scripture used was stuff that was already buzzing about in Kenny and my head... I LOVE THAT!!

Today was Pentecost Sunday! The message was the first in a series entitled:

UNLEASHING THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Some background scripture and notes:

Acts 1:3-5 Acts 1:12-15

Matthew 3:11 Acts 2:1-3

Acts 1:6-9* John 20:22

* v. 8 'but you will recieve power...' Two words used to describe this power:

1. authority-- like that of a badge worn by a police officer. One who functions in this authority has right to stop a truck, for example, based on that authority. He does not, however, have the physical strength to stop that truck.

2. dynamite-- (I can't spell the actual words right) This is a term for raw power. The dynamite could stop the truck. Without authority, it's just power. With the authority, it is the substance of miracles... the authority of God and power of His Holy Spirit.

When we baptize someone today, we often see an immersion style of baptism. This is because of Jesus experienced when John the Baptist baptized him. When the person comes up out of the water, they are soaked. In the same way, we should seek the 'soaking' presense of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

WHY DO WE NEED THIS POWER?

* To be bold about our faith.

* To pray effectively. "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Sprit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Rom. 8:26

* To live Holy lives.

* To worship Christ. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you." John 16:14 When we are filled with the empowering presense of Holy Spirit, we naturally release praise and worship to HIM.

* To get God's direction for your life. "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever... " John 14:16

* To believe for the Supernatural. "Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good." I Cor. 12:7

WHAT CAN I DO?

Know that this is for you. "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call." Acts 2:39

Ask in Faith. "So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?" Or if he asks for and egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavinely Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Luke 11: 9-13

Surrender Your Heart to God. "Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Sprit." Acts 2:38

"Repent therefor and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that imes of refreshing may come from the presense of the Lord." Acts 3:19

My husband and I both confessed to eachother that since we aren't in the church setting as often, we've both gotten 'rusty' on trusting and acknowledging the Power of the Holy Spirit. We confessed it as sin together and prayed to be re-filled with His Sprit. It was such an incredible morning.... and that was just the message part.

LORD, THANK YOU FOR YOU SWEET SPIRT.

FORGIVE US WHEN WE, IN ANY WAY, ACT AS IF IT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR OUR PROBLEMS. YOU ARE ALWAYS MORE THAN ENOUGH!!

FORGIVE US WHEN WE CHOOSE NOT TO TAP INTO THE AMAZING POWER THAT YOU MAKE AVAILABLE TO US.

HELP US LORD, TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOU IN ALL WE DO, TO KNOW THAT THIS GIFT IS FOR US TODAY.

WE ASK IN FAITH FOR AS MUCH AS YOU WILL GIVE.

WE SURRENDER OUR HEARTS TO YOU IN REPENTANCE AND CHOOSE TO BE SOAKED IN YOUR PRESENSE.

THANK YOU JESUS. YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US AND YOU ARE A PROMISE KEEPING GOD.

The 5 Attributes of Faith

Sermon Title:
The 5 Attributes of Faith

In Hebrew 11 Chapter
: God list the Men and women of faith

The Biblical definition of Faith is this:
Hebrews 11: 1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Attributes

# 1. They understanding what faith is;

# 2. They under took the walk of faith

# 3. They sided with God

# 4. With stood the trails of faith

# 5. They were witnesses of faith to us

Read it and increase your faith, understand and under take the walk of faith. By all means side with God and withstand the trails we face. Then we can become witnesses of faith to the next generation.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through
faith we understand
that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

By faith Abel
offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

By faith Enoch
was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

We must have faith to please God.

6 But
without faith it is impossible to please him
: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah
, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham
, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed
, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

These all died in faith
, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. …………………………..

By faith Abraham
, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob
and Esau concerning things to come.

By faith Jacob
, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

By faith Joseph
, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

By faith Moses
, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

By faith Moses
, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; 25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; …………

By faith the walls
of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

By faith the harlot Rahab
perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

Now they were not all named here but there are others, Many, Many by faith over came, the test that God put them through and he put us through today.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of
Gedeon,
and of
Barak
, and of
Samson
, and of
Jephthae
; of
David
also, and
Samuel,
and of
the prophets
:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34
Quenched
the violence of fire,
escaped
the edge of the sword, out of
weakness
were
made strong
waxed valiant
in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again
: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: 36 And
others had trial
of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

7 They
were stoned
, they
were sawn asunder
, were
tempted
, were
slain
with the sword: they
wandered about
in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy) they
wandered in deserts
, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith
, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Praise be to God it is by faith that we must live and be set free,

Read it, it is all there in Chapter 11. We must apply it in our lives.

My family was able to attend church this am for the first time in several weeks. It was a marker day, as much of what was discussed and the scripture used was stuff that was already buzzing about in Kenny and my head... I LOVE THAT!!

Today was Pentecost Sunday! The message was the first in a series entitled:

UNLEASHING THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Some background scripture and notes:

Acts 1:3-5 Acts 1:12-15

Matthew 3:11 Acts 2:1-3

Acts 1:6-9* John 20:22

Praise the Lord that you were able to enter the house of the Lord again...to enter His courts in praise!

How fitting was the sermon..it never ceases to amaze me how good the Lord is to us..to put in our path what we need the most. We all need the power of the Holy Spirit, but it is so fitting that this is what was preached today to you and your family.

Jesus is Lord! Amen!! May His fire come down on you and your family and renew your spirit today. May you drink deeply of the living water. Amen..let it be so !

WHAT CAN I DO?

Ask in Faith. "So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?" Or if he asks for and egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavinely Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Luke 11: 9-13

Surrender Your Heart to God. "Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Sprit." Acts 2:38

These are two things that I need to do.

I have to pray and ask God to help me where I am weak

On how to surrender and ask in faith.

Yes, I can do this in the small, but the things that I can't handle is the problelm.

HISstrengthinMe, Thanks for your post.

Our church service today was wonderful. A woman in the cogression wanted to give her testimony and sing a song. She did a wonderful job. She sang, "I'll praise you in this storm." I had never REALLY listened to the song until today. It really moved me so much. I could feel her pain as she talked about almost losing her infant son. He was put in the hospital at 2 months old and was deathly sick. The Drs couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He was in the hospital for 11 days and was put on feeding tubes and breathing tubes and was barly hanging on. The drs even took them to that "little room" to give them the talk that he may not make it. The dr said, "only by the grace of god will he survive." They found that it was infant botchulism. He did survive and we are sure it was from prayer and the power and work of the lord!!! He is now a vibrant and active 2 year old!

Our pastor also added a small testimony and so did his wife. It ended up being a really great service and a blessing to me.

Melissa

Todays sermon was very heartfelt and meaningful to me. Especially since I have had to learn this recently. Lets see if I can capture.....

God does not forget us in the hard times. Though it may feel like he has because we havent heard his voice or seen the answers to our prayers. Sometimes he is allowing us to remain to mold us. Like a parent his desire is to train and shape our character, but If He knows that a certain situation will destroy or break us, He by his grace will intervene. When our sins have caused us to reap, we shall reap what we sow. God will allow a certain amount of that reaping to come upon us in order to show us or teach us about our sins or how our sins affected others. But at any time God can say, I place the reaping of your sin upon the shoulders of Christ now, and instead you reap what Christ sowed. The reaping of those sins had to be done, but instead of you enduring them, Christ did for you and instead you get what Christ Jesus sowed........grace and forgiveness and mercy.

Often God will take us through a lesson, merely to shape our character. So it may have nothing to do with sin at all, but because He has a bigger picture in mind, some greater purpose or ministry in your life.

He does not forget you. He loves you....and is busy at work in you.... Creating you into the person He wants you to be. So dont fight him or try to push it away, instead except what he is trying to do in your life. You are His workmanship!;)

The alabaster box

Thanks Ladies, these sermons really helps me.

Our sermons was on Mary and the alabaster box.

She came prepared

She came with all she had

She came with sacrafice , it cost her

She came with out the fears

Matt 26:6 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper,

7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9 "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor." 10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial.

13 I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

Yesterdays sermon was so powerful, I'm sure I'll lose something in the written translation ;)

The local LSU Chi Alpha campus minister is leaving for another school so he preached a sermon before leaving. He started by telling how when he was in High School he did not know what direction to go into. A woman at his church one day felt the Lord lead her to speak Joshua 1:1-9 over him. Throughout college he kept this scripture on his wall. He graduated and did a Chi Alpha internship in Missouri but still was not sure if this is what God wanted. His first assignment was at LSU and when he came to our church, the pastor called him up for prayer with the elders and congregation. One of the elders, who never met him, looked him in the eye and said, I feel led to pray Joshua 1:1-9 over you. He knew it was a confirmation of him following God's path. I love those testimonies !!! :)

He then proceded to preach on this scripture, which is so powerful:

Joshua 1:1-9:

1Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, it came to pass that the LORD spoke unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

2"Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou and all this people, unto the land which I give to them, even to the children of Israel.

3Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

4From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your border.

5There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee nor forsake thee.

6Be strong and of a good courage, for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land which I swore unto their fathers to give them.

7Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses My servant commanded thee. Turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

8This Book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein. For then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Be strong and of good courage is said 3 times. This is a message for us.

Observe the law so that you may prosper is said twice. Another message for us.

He related this to our spiritual enemies today and how we fight against principalities and not flesh and blood. That Jesus is with us and we should not be afraid or dismayed, but strong and of good courage.

He also spoke on meditating on the word.

The cool thing for me was that on Saturday morning, I went to a ladies ministry breakfast. One of the women said she felt led to give me the scripture Joshua 1:5-9. Wow...a confirmation for me too :)

Lissajayne05, Dove and secondchance

WOW,
Dove
that minister to me in a way that, at time I am fearful.

and this is what it said to me this morning,

so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage, for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land which I swore unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, ............. Turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

Thanks for your post. This truly is a word from God.

Thanks
Lissajayne05
for sharing this word. It is so true.

"only by the grace of god will he survive."

Thanks
secondchance
, God is putting us through test after test to "shape our character" for his will and purpose, in addtion he wants relationship, reproduction, and function.

Anyone want to share their sermon today?

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You?

How can I appy it in the week to come?

Praise Jesus..I'm so glad it ministered to you abc. It ministered to me too because I am in a really fearful time right now too. God is so faithful to encourage though when we need it. I praise Him for it.

It is Sunday Sermon Time again.

Come share with us today, your sermon.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

How can I appy it in the week to come:

What am I going to work on to change that God will use me:

If you did not take notes, give us the Title and the Scriptures

Prodigal Son

Title:
Prodigal Son

Values are transmittal to your child

Train up a child Procigal son was given a choice

Father had made an impact on his son

Are we making the right impression for our chidren

Are we praying for our children daily

Are we giving scriptures to our children daily

This Father was affectionate

Father's responciblity to love, care, and protect to the day they die.

Scriptures:

NIV Luke 15:11

11 Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons.

12 The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.

13 "Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.

14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.

15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.

16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 "When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!

18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.

19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.'

20 So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 "The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

22 "But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.

23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

June 17, 2007

Title: Restoring Hearts

Scriptures: “He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse” (Mal. 4:6).

“There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy...” (James 4:12).

“Though everyone else in the world is a liar, God is true. As the Scriptures say, ‘He will be proved right in what He says, and He will win His case in court’” (Rom. 3:4 NLT).

“You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:37-39).

“Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life” (Prov. 4:23).

“Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do” (Prov. 4:23 NLT).

“The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart” (Luke 6:45).

Description: Basically, what we learned today were the things that you cannot "bail out of" if you are a "true Christian."

How did it touch You: Actually, my husband and I have been arguing quite a bit the past couple of days, and even argued this morning before church. It was as if God was thumping me on the head, saying, "Get it, kid?" ;)

How can I apply it in the week to come: When I got home (my husband missed church because I woke him up too late...I can be passive agressive at times, I admit it), we both apologized to each other and agreed to keep ourselves in check. Especially the last verse, Luke 6:45...I tend to shoot my mouth off a lot, and rather than biting my tongue, I need to think about changing me on the INSIDE, to stop thinking of anything nasty to say in the first place, rather than just holding back the nasty thoughts, if that makes sense.

I have some "unfinished business" with some friends and family. Quite honestly, I'd like to tell some of them off. But I know that it is not my place to judge, and I need to remember that. I also know that at the end of the day, when you say something critical to someone, especially when they've done you wrong, they usually don't take it to heart anyway, so it's not worth the hurt feelings, and not worth the anger in my heart. I need to come to peace with some relationships, and I need to have some closure where they are concerned.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Sunday Time again

Restoring Hearts

This was a very good word, we all need our heart to be restored at time.

These scriptures are good foundation one to help build character. Christlike character.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

This is my Sunday Sermon and a prayer........

http://www.christianmom.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22110#post22110

Song of the Day: In Christ Alone

It grabed my heart like a vice grip. JESUS COMMANDS MY DESTINY!

In the week to come, I will remember and keep in the forefront of my mind, that nothing happens today that my God does not already know about. He is Sovereign, and He knows best.

When cirmstances would try to 'take me out'... I will remember that the plans and purposes He has for my life and my family are far greater than my minimal perspective allows me to see. I will trust HIM and press on.

I am going to work on not allowing ANY EVENTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES in this next week or the ones to come, to rob God of an opportunity to accomplish what He wants to accomplish, in me and others.

I do not want to be "the thing" that clogs the HOLY PROCESS! Lord God, NO!

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.

9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

So are My ways higher than your ways,

And My thoughts than your thoughts.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR BEING MY COMMANDER IN CHIEF

YOU COMMAND MY DESTINY.

I SURRENDER MY DESIGNS ON HOW THINGS SHOULD GO AND BE.

I DESIRE YOUR GOOD AND PERFECT WILL FOR MY LIFE.

I YIELD TO YOU, ALMIGHTY GOD.

AMEN AND AMEN!

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

24-----------------------

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JESUS

It was pretty cool having this little media presentation and likening it unto the award winning series "24" and thinking about how a typical day in Jesus' life might have been.

Luke 5:12-15

The Man With Leprosy

12While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy.[a] When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."

13Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" And immediately the leprosy left him.

14Then Jesus ordered him, "Don't tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them."

15Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses.

Psalm 34:18

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted

and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Our Pastor spoke much on the disease of leprosy. He especially spoke of how one with this horrifying disease feels unwanted and unloved. He likened this condition to many of us today. We rub shoulders around incredible people, people of value and worth, all day long, and yet many of these same people still feel unloved, unwanted and unclean.

Jesus did not have to touch the leper to make him healed. He chose to. He often did this in secret. He wasn't after attention, noteriety, or fame. He was after hearts and the healing of hearts. He sought to love on the people.

He seeks to love on us today and He is willing.

I say a prayer today for the hurting, diseased, wounded and disabled.

I say a prayer for those who long for a reprieve from pain, but don't get one.

I say a prayer for those who are fearful, who keep themselved closed up and are afraid of what what the world and it's contents could do to them.

I say a prayer for victims desperately trying to recover from crimes done against them and still feeling somehow like THEY are the 'yucky' ones.

I say a prayer for the victims of cruel diseases that are seeking to destroy lives and families.... cancer, AIDS, lupas, lung disease, tumors, diabetes, the list goes on.

I say a prayer for the homeless and prodigals and prostitutes and speak to the distortion of truth that causes them to remain alone and lost.

I say a prayer for those confused in thier sexuality, even to a community of saved individuals trapped, who know God is out there, but don't know what to do with what they feel and a church who has rejected them.

I say a prayer for those hurting in marriages they feel they cannot survive.

I say a prayer for parents of children lost or so sickly they may not ever recover and yet need constant care.

The grief is great.

The hurting and pain is like a burden.

My Jesus....... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BEAR IT ALL AND YOU DID!

For this brief moment, we share the pain of so many and our hearts cry...

ABBA! FATHER! PAPPA!

SAVE US OH GOD, SAVE A PEOPLE FOR YOURSELF, OH LORD.

LIFT THE PAIN, IF JUST FOR A MOMENT.

BRING THE HEALING

BRING THE TRUTH THAT SETS US FREE

BRING YOUR LOVE AS VAST AS THE OCEAN

BRING US HOME TO YOUR HEART

TOUCH US AND RESTORE US AND MAKE US NEW AGAIN

ONLY IN YOU, OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.

AMEN

WOW, God spoke and he requires us to pray for hurting, lost, sick and disease.

Any one of us could be hurting or going through trails and it feel like you are sick and in pain.

This was a conformation to me that God wants and desires us to pray for healing and deliverance for the hurting.

Hi Ladies,

It is Sunday's sermon time again, let see what Word is coming from the Lord this Sunday.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You: