abc

Sunday's Sermon and a Prayer Request

Help!

So - I love this thread, it's such a great idea, to share from wherever we are and wherever we are worshiping across the US or across the world.

Since it is summer where i live, our choir is 'off' on our summer break and we feature some different special music during the summer.

This past week - Sunday, Aug. 2, we based our entire service around the subject "HELP" (that was also the sermon title). All of the music was Beatles music:

Got to get you into my life

Eleanor Rigby

HELP!

Yesterday

Let it Be

If this offends you or worries you - I'm sorry - I just thought it was interesting enough to share.

The cool part about it was it made you stop and think. It made you listen to the words, not just go through the motions of worship - which we can all be guilty of sometimes.

I'm too young to worry about what all the Beatles were getting at with the words they wrote in all those songs, but dare I compare it to the Bible in this one way - sometimes words can be timeless.

Some of the things that people faced during biblical times so many, many years ago are SO applicable to our lives. Just as some of those Beatles songs ring true for us now, after all these years - LET IT BE.

This was a very good message in itself reminding us to "Be Still and Know that I am God." Worry can make you crazy - and we changed up the words a bit - "When I find myself in times of trouble the Holy Spirit comes to me, Speaking words of wisdom, let it be." etc. etc.

I know, not for everyone or the faint of heart, but there are many ways to get a message through, and this was an interesting one.

Finally, one great story the pastor told:

A man has enough money that he owns a beach house and decides that for 5 years, he is going to travel all over the world and will not be using the beach house during those 5 years.

He goes to another man and says "I'm going to be traveling and I won't be using my beach house, here are the keys - you can use it for the 5 years I'm gone.

What do you think the man does? Does he want to anticipate with joy or with fear and dread, that day when he meets up with the man again? Will he care for the house and be able to present it with a clean/clear conscience or will he have trashed it, not cared for it and ruined it and have to pay for it and explain why he didn't take care of it?

It's the same with our lives and when we meet our Savior face to face.

Cool analogy, isn't it?

Thanks for listening.

Carla

ChristianMom

Yes I love this one as well,

It let us know what the Lord is teaching around the world.

Edited by abc

Hi Ladies,

It is Sunday's sermon time again, let see what Word is coming from the Lord this Sunday.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

How can I appy it in the week to come:

I am asking for a
special request
as we worship and pray at our home churches, please remember
to Pray for our Nation
in our prayers.

Give Thanks to the Lord.

It is Sunday's sermon time again, let see what Word is coming from the Lord this Sunday. This is the time of the year we give Thanks to the Lord.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

I am asking for a special request as we worship and pray at our home churches, please remember to Pray for our Nation in our prayers.

Title: Habakkuk-week 3 Climbing out of the Dip (If anyone wants me to post weeks 1 and 2 let me know and I will)

Scriptures:Habakkuk 3:1-6;16-19

Habakkuk's Prayer

1 A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On shigionoth . [a]

2 LORD, I have heard of your fame;

I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD.

Renew them in our day,

in our time make them known;

in wrath remember mercy.

3 God came from Teman,

the Holy One from Mount Paran.

Selah

His glory covered the heavens

and his praise filled the earth.

4 His splendor was like the sunrise;

rays flashed from his hand,

where his power was hidden.

5 Plague went before him;

pestilence followed his steps.

6 He stood, and shook the earth;

he looked, and made the nations tremble.

The ancient mountains crumbled

and the age-old hills collapsed.

His ways are eternal.

Habakkuk 3:16-19 (New International Version)

16 I heard and my heart pounded,

my lips quivered at the sound;

decay crept into my bones,

and my legs trembled.

Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity

to come on the nation invading us.

17 Though the fig tree does not bud

and there are no grapes on the vines,

though the olive crop fails

and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen

and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,

I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights.

Description: renew in Hebrew:chayah (khaw-yaw'); to renew, to revive, to restore

3 things to do when in the dip to climb out of it

1) Remember what God has done.

a. smells

-perfumes

-baking cookies, bread, etc. can cause you to recall good memories

b. Songs/Music

-listening to music can help someone remember the good times of the past

c. pictures/reading old journals

-take a walk down memory lane by looking through old photo albums and scrapbooks and reading through old journals to recall the times past when God has been there for you, remember the times He came through in the past, recall the old challenges and hurts and how God healed you and brought you through them. Remember how He walked through the pain with you then and the stressful times of the past and He is still walking with You today through today's challenges and stresses too. Remember all those past sins He has delivered you from already and know He can still deliver you from any sin that may have crept into your life by wrong choices today as well.

2) Accept what God is Doing

HITS-HEAD IN THE SAND Christians, God says get your head out of the sand-this does not mean you stop praying and believing in Him, but this is the time you should acknowledge the truth, the reality is your in a dip, and you should not "pretend" nothing is wrong when something is wrong, you should not paste a fake smile on your face and act like everything is OK when it isn't OK, do not tell everyone you are fine when you are not fine, be real, be honest and face the truth, you are in a dip concerning your faith.

3) Trust what God will do.

Wait on the Lord and grow in your Trust in Him. It is only in the valley that we grow fruit, we cannot grow fruit on the mountaintop, only in the valley does the fruit grow. You will again experience a mountaintop faith again, but for now, trust God with the growth process, He is at work and He will finish the good work He has started in you.

How did it touch You:It applied to me as a great encaouragement that God has grown fruit in me in my valley and that I am not quite on that mountaintop yet, but He has me hidden in the cleft of the Rock, right where He wants me as I wait on Him to complete the good work He has begun and as He begins to help my husband climb out of the dip he has been in. I am "hanging-out" with God on the mountainside while He works on my husband right now, and I am to use the patience (put it to work/employ) He grew in me while I was in the valley.

How can I apply it in the week to come:This week I will be Focusing more on Loving my Husband and less on pushing him out of the dip to be what we want, instead just love him and trust that God is working in his life to get him out of the dip.

Wait on the Lord

3) Trust what God will do.

Wait on the Lord and grow in your Trust in Him.

Isaiah 40:27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God? 28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Hi Ladies,

It is Sunday's sermon time again, let see what Word is coming from the Lord this Sunday.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

I am asking for a special request as we worship and pray at our home churches, please remember to Pray for our Nation in our prayers.

We had a guest Speaker, Ken Gaub this morning, he was hilarious, a great speaker, I haven't laughed so much in years, it was great!

Title: People Need Miracles, People Need TO PREPARE for a Miracle!

Scriptures:Mark 5:24-34 (New International Version)

24So Jesus went with him.

A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." 29Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

30At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"

31"You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' "

32But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

Description:

1) In preparing for a miracle-she knew she had a problem. Jesus never taught us to ignore a problem. Face Reality! Jesus never taught us to deny the fact that there is a problem. We cannot ignore problems.

2) When Jesus came into the picture (after she had spent all her money on the docs, she chose not to accept their diagnosis) she chose a Miracle. You can choose to turn things around-you can choose a miracle-you get what you believe for.

2) She set up a plan for a miracle, she talked Faith and she set a plan into motion.

God is supply oriented, not need oriented, he has compassion and is moved by His compassion for our needs but he is supply oriented, not need oriented.

After she set up a plan she followed through with the plan. After she followed the plan through she told Jesus all the truth when he asked. She answered all the truth holding nothing back from Him including that she was a woman. She chose to close her case with Victory!

This Woman had Faith-She believed God!

His answer to her was to call her "Daughter" and tell her how her Faith has healed her.

It isn't really all that hard to trust God!

How did it touch You: It is a wonderful testimony of God's value on us as His Daughter's and how it is Our Faith in Him that still draws Virtue out of Him when we determine to press in and Touch Him.

How can I apply it in the week to come: This week I am going to set aside more time in the mornings to pray for the healing of the Women in all the World especially in the Middle East.

In his message between all the humor to lighten it, was the sobering facts that in today's time, still in Middle East if a man has a wife (and he typically has at least 3 wives) and he wants to divorce her, all he has to do is say we are divorced 3 times and she must go, by their laws, she must return to her father, who must kill her, if he is to weak-hearted to do this a brother must kill her and he spoke of how in the Middle East even today they do this and many dead women are found in the desert b/c many times they just dump them in the desert to starve to death, the women have no where to go.

I will be adding these women to my prayers this week as well as a special thank you to God for all our troops that are fighting to keep this kind of oppression from our Nation and for helping get His Word of salvation through Jesus Christ alone to the Muslims through the work of our brave soldiers who make it safer for our missionaries to advance the Kingdom of God in these places.

Edited by DiamondRing
typos

Pray for our Military

Hi Ladies,

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

I am asking for a
special request
as we worship and pray at our home churches, please remember
to Pray for our Nation
in our prayers.

Title: Divine Disruption

Scriptures: prov.22:1~1Pet.4:14 ~Matt. 5:11~ Luke3:23

Description:Joseph put up with a bad ruined reputation because he heard from God{the angel in his dream}and he had a purpose to his life....{take Mary to be his wife and raise Jesus as his son}

He heard from God and obeyed. He had to put up with those who did not believe him, he put up with those who thought he was crazy, he put up with those who thought the law should be carried out by stoning Mary, he cared what God thought more than all of that....he heard from God and obeyed Him!

How did it touch you? It touched me because I care too much what people think. Even when I have God's Word....I sometimes doubt....

How can I apply it in the week to come? Care what God thinks, believe His Word, live like it.

Edited by Song of Joy

Great word.

We had a guest Speaker, Ken Gaub this morning, he was hilarious, a great speaker, I haven't laughed so much in years, it was great!

Title: People Need Miracles, People Need TO PREPARE for a Miracle!

Scriptures:Mark 5:24-34 (New International Version)

Thank you for participating in posting your Sunday Sermom.

Welcome and Thank you

Title: Divine Disruption

Scriptures: prov.22:1~1Pet.4:14 ~Matt. 5:11~ Luke3:23

Thank you for posting your sermon and I pray that it has helped you as well as others.

Ask of Me

Title:
Ask of Me

Scriptures:
Description:
We should ask of God what his will is and ask of Him to reveal to us and bring us into His promises.

How did it touch You:
It touch me and so many at service today. Reaching out and bring other to Christ and His promises to us.

Ask of Him (Jesus) to do his perfect will and promises in our lives.

I am asking for a
special request
as we worship and pray at our home church to pray for ChristianMom , the founder of this site and pray for the Site.

Edited by abc

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

Please hold up ChristianMom in prayer, the founder of this site.

Title:

Scriptures:

Description:

How did it touch You:

My Study today was " Capture Your thoughts

Taking thoughts captive means controlling them instead of letting them control you. — Priscilla Shirer

We were created in the image of God, and we are His masterpieces. What would our lives be like if we lived like we believed that truth? The biggest reason we don’t is because we have let toxic thoughts run rampant in our minds. We can’t let them dictate our lives—we must choose to capture our thoughts.

Taking our thoughts captive will be one of the toughest battles we engage in. It’s so much easier to just entertain the toxic thought. The effort comes when we engage in the battle. Even if we entertain the thought, we can still take it captive. It truly is better to do it late than never.

When the Bible says to take our thoughts captive, that means we have the power to do something about it. As Christians, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in us. With the Holy Spirit’s help, we can manage our thoughts.

Here’s an example: let’s say there’s someone in your life you need to forgive. Every day, you remember what they did to you. You can’t seem to let it go or heal from it. You might start to have thoughts like, “I don’t really need to forgive this person” or “What they did to me is unforgivable.” These are the toxic thoughts you must take captive. Recognize that it is causing you to inner turmoil. Then, choose truth from God’s Word. You might even pray, “God, I’m choosing to push this thought aside instead of entertaining it. I know you have forgiven me of so much in my life. Help me to extend the same forgiveness to this person.”

And then you do it again and again and again until it “takes.” You’ll know healing is occurring when you look back on the situation and the sting of pain isn’t as intense. You will see it as something that happened to you—past tense—not something that is

Priscilla Shirer really blessed me today.

Father God we pray that we can capture our thoughts, and replace them with godly thoughts and actions.

Father God we pray for strength to do your will, concerning our toxic thoughts, and we ask to be led by you at all times.

In Jesus name we pray, and ask it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen