Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

Are you a "pet person"?

Are you a "pet person"?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a "pet person"?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have the heart of a "pet person" but don't have any pets at present.

I heard someone earlier today comment on how they were not a "pet person". My husband and I kinda fall into that category but it seems most people we know have animals of some sort. Just curious where you ladies fall.

Laurie

:p;) I grew up on a farm and enjoyed it greatly. Except for the Rooster! :rolleyes::) That rooster would only attack me and my mom would make me go into the coop because she said the rooster could feel my fear. He would still attack me --so I didn't have to go in there and I think that rooster ended up being dinner :) We grew up with 4H, showing horses and riding the goats and chasing pigs at 2am because they would escape out of their pen. Learning hard work and great discpline. I believe it formed the person I am today and I thank God. ;)

I don't own a farm now or any farm animals just a cat. I am not even really a cat person--well maybe a little ;) ! Cats love me and they always bring me their dead animals. Yuck :p But, maybe when we can get more property then our .75 acres, I will convince my husband of some farm animals. For now we use the land for our garden.

God bless,

dawndawn :p:)

Yup, that's why no roosters live at my place, though the one my son hand-raised was excessively tame, died a happy old man. Any other chicks that turn out to be roosters, well, they get to go live out their days in the State Forest we live next to (hope that doesn't account for the increase in cougar activity around here, lol!)

I have always wanted to grow up on a farm . I think that would be the coolest!!! :cool: I only have 1 cat who is the best of the best, okay so I am byast(sp?) But we do hope do get a dog when we move. So I dont have a zoo or anyhthing like that. he he he...... ;)

I am now, I wasn't before, my daughter, had a hamster, and now a puppy and she has fish as well.

Kids, make you do what you would never do before.

Absolutely love animals, cats especially! We have two cats, one dog and a horse. I grew up in the Beautiful Pacific NW on 2 acres, we had pigs, goat, chickens and a horse and numerous cats and dogs over the years. It was great! My current cats are 13 years old, they were my babies (the twins) before my daughter came along. Thankfully she loves them too!

If someone told me that I would be a dog person when I grew up, I would have said they were crazy. I have a 12 yr old Cocker Spaniel/LLapsa Apsa Mix and we recently bought a Pure Bred Cocker. I am crazy about the both of them!

Alicia

Got a yorkie and a he(the yorkie)has a cat. No kidding!!! She showed up one day and he adopted her. You would think she was his kid. Love them both anyway!!

I'm not a pet person...I wish I liked pets because I've heard it's good for kids to grow up with a pet. But taking care of my son is hard enough, and I don't want the responsibility of a pet too.

I've always loved animals! When I was a little girl I dreamed of owning a horse farm when I grew up. Over the years I've had parakeets, hermit crabs, guinea pigs, cats, and dogs. As a kid my mom never knew when I might arrive home with some injured or lost animal in tow. I think my Dad's favorite story is the time I showed up with two large sheepdogs in tow!

Right now, though, I don't have any pets. :( For the time being, a husband and two preschoolers are about all I can clean up after! But when my girls get a little older, I definitely want them to experience the unconditional love of a pet. :D

Blessings,

Christy

Yes, but since I had my son I am not nearly as interested in pets. I'm all about my son! :)