Sign in to follow this  
Kim H.

private messages

Hi! I'd like to make a suggestion about private messages. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if it would make some kind of noise when a message comes in. This way, we could see instantly if someone sent us a message and maybe be able to go to the chat room instead of playing "message tag" :) .

I've visited another site where you get an email when you get a PM. Could we do that here? It would really help to know as soon as possible if we get a PM, so we can ask each other to chat.

And is it even OK to post when we are going to the chat room? I don't want to post it if it's going to clog up the messages or anything..... (I'm thinking about the recent post from Christian Mom on home businesses only posting once a week, but am kind of fuzzy on why, and if it would apply to postings like for chat room...) THANKS!

Hey Kim, I get emails when I receive PM's. You can choose that on your preferences. Do you want to go visit in the Chat room now? I was just there and there were 3 others on, but no one talking. I'll go there now and see if you're there. :)

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the invite. I'm not sure I was online at the time you posted, though. This site doesn't update quickly, the chat room sometimes keeps names up for a day or two, long after people leave it. I wonder if people think they are being ignored because it looks like people are there but no one talks to them? I hope not - that could be a real turn off. Anyway, here is how to find out who is really on at any given time: From the home page, selct "Forums". At the bottom of the page is a section called "Currently Active Users". Click that and it will tell you what each person's last activity was/is and what time they did it. If it is a long time ago, you can assume they are gone. When I started here, I kept "tagging" with a friend. We kept missing each other. So I told her that what I will do is go into FAQ and log out from there. Then if she looks me up, and sees I am in FAQ, she will know I'm signed off. I will still do this, so anybody can look me up & see if I am really here! If anybody else wants to do this, too, it might be a good system! What do you girls think?

Hey! I'm getting email notification now! :)

Thanks, Sunny.

Thanks Laurie for notifying me of this on another thread, too.