Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

Boys vs. Girls - Did you labor before or after your due dates?

I was wondering today if there is a correlation between gender and whether a baby comes before or after it's due date. So, I figure I'll conduct an extremely informal survey: What has your experience been with your children arriving before or after their due dates?

For me so far:

one daughter - two weeks past due date

one son - one week before due date

Laurie

I had one of each so I dont know. They were stubborn and stayed in the hopper until their scheduled c-section. They were both breech.

I was wondering about gender coorelations on vaginal and c-section to go with this thread. Are boy or girl babies more likely to come out vaginally or c-section?

My daughter was 12 days late, and I had to be induced for that.

I have no idea when she would have come otherwise.

She was a regular birth, no c-section.

I have no sons. Yet. I pray I will one day.

My friend had a girl, c-section. I'm not sure if she was late or early.

PS

Doesn't # of children have anything to do with it?

Or am I thinking of time in labor?

You might be thinking of time in labor. My understanding is that typically labor gets shorter with each child... I'm sure there are exceptions though. Although I also think that first babies are more likely to go past their due dates then subsequent babies... so if you were interviewing a group of moms of only-children you might find a higher number of after the due date deliveries.

Laurie

I have three girls, my first was 2 weeks late and labor had to be induced, the same with my 2nd and the third was a scheduled c-section

It's looking strong that I'll end up with two daughter's who needed to be pressured to get out and one son who was geared to go early. I've got only about 30 hours until my scheduled cesarean and my daughter is yet to show any intiative of her own, although my son made a voluntary appearance by this point.

Laurie

3 girls All LATE by two weeks

1 boy EARLY by two weeks

All 4 were given pitocin though to help it along, which really speeds up the pain... :eek:

I have 2 daughters, both of whom took their own sweet time arriving. :) My first was 3 days late. The second had to be induced when she was only a week late... the doctors didn't want to let her go any longer because her sister was born at 9 pounds, and they didn't want her to grow so large that I would end up needing an emergency C-section. :(

Blessings,

Christy

Interesting... I think the results of this mini-survey are pointing to the possibility that girls aren't as anxious as boys to make their grand appearance. :)

Laurie

I have had three boys all at least two weeks early. the middle child was 4 weeks early. Boys are ready to play and get moving!!!

I think you're right Laurie, this was quite an interesting mini-survey. I was induced three days after the due date. Nothing happened...except for the pain :eek: ...a c-section after 28 hours of labor. I guess my daughter was not in a hurry either. ;)

I have 2 boys. First one was

3 days early, labor was 7.5 hrs, #2 was 5 days early and only 3.5 hrs labor. Kind of fearful of what my next one will do (whenever we have another). :)

my boy was three days late, my daughter 3 weeks early, and my youngest daughter was also a few days late.