Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

Kids and naps

I wanted to revive this thread because I have been having considerable headache getting my son to nap recently. He'll be three at the end of the month. I know that part of it has to do with my needing to bring more balance to the day (more outside time... more high-energy play time... etc.) but I also know kids stop napping at different ages.

My son and daughter are two years old. My daughter doesnt take like to take regular naps. My son takes a nap every day.

Wow! This thread is so old I got an email for it, I haven't posted for ages! :D

DD is 4 and still naps most days. As she got older, I had a hard time putting her in for a nap, but she obviously still needed one! So I would push it back a little. She used to need a nap after 4 hours of being awake, then 5, then 6, now she is awake 7 hours before I put her in for a nap. I found if she skips naps, she sometimes winds up with night terrors. It really does depend on the child. She only sleeps 9 - 10 hours at night, and takes a 2 hour nap. I think a lot of kids that skip naps tend to sleep longer at night. DD just didn't last through the day very well without one. (Meltdowns, etc.)