Sign in to follow this  
abc

Dreams and Visions

This is discussion Forum to talks about dreams and vision.

We all have them.

How do we know if they are of God?

Post your dream or vision here and let talk about them.

We must realize that we all have good and bad in us. Now let us do some research on Dreams and Vision in the scriptures and then we can take them on at a time.

Have this discussion to see what the word of God, the bible tell us about dreams and visions.

Identify personal opinion out there and let us identify when it is only opinion.

When it is from the word of God which we all follow, live by, stand by, believe in and trust in, post the scriptures.

I had a very strange vivid dream today during my nap. I can recognize elements of it and understand what some of it represents. But I would also like someone else's perspective.

I was in the sanctuary of the church I grew up in and stayed in until five years ago, when I was 30. My parents still go there. The structure of the sanctuary was the same but instead of regular pews, there were very old-fashioned boxed pews with doors, like from the l700's. I was seated outside my family's pew on a wobbly piano bench. There was no room for me in the pew.

We knew we were on the radio--People were listening.

We knew we had important visitors--People were watching.

The room began to shift and move like a revolving stage, like an attraction at Universal Studios Florida. A very dramatic, theatrical presentation began. It was dark like a theater and children began to hand out lit lanterns.

My mother was talking in a very loud voice about how superior their church and denomination were. I couldn't stand it anymore and I had to flee. I grabbed a bathrobe and realized I was wearing a flimsy nightgown. As I was running out I saw a very handsome man coming in and I wanted him to follow me, but he didn't.

As I ran out I realized two things: I was pregnant and my bare feet were very dirty and muddy. Outside it was dark and stormy and the congregation had moved outside to watch very dramatic, theatrical performances about Jesus.

I couldn't find my car so I ran away down the side of the road. It began to hail and I reached up and grabbed a handful of ice and stones.

The end.

Can anyone help with this?

This is an awesome dream.

The first thing I'd like to say is, it appears you wrote clear facts of your dream down here for us to see. That is probably THE MOST important key to getting to the full understanding of your dream. After that, you can include some impressions you have of the dream.

This is what I do when I really want the Lord to speak to me about the dream. I write it out in my journal, skipping a line or more of space between lines of my dream. Include every certain detail you can as you record your dream. Sometimes, scripture is already popping up in my head and other little details. Write those on another page. I spend some time just praying and worshiping the Lord. Thanking him for speaking to me and praising Him. In that place of worship, I take the dream, one detail at a time. I simply ask the Lord, "What's the signifigance of the sanctuary?".... "Tell me about the box pews, Lord." Anything the Lord impresses on me, to my heart, I write down in the spaces between. It may be a scripture, it may be a word, or a phrase. Some things I have to skip, maybe I don't sense the Lord speaking on that yet, so I'll either wait a bit, or move on. For me, it is a time to be very still and quiet everything of MYself, and listen for anything that God is trying to show me.

So, before I go saying anything about your dream, it is really important that YOU get an idea of what God is saying to you first. One of the reasons I love dreams is the rich symbolism. Think outside the box... there's plenty of examples of this symbolism in the word. If others share thier thoughts, that's ok. My experience is, if I get too much feeback before I know myself, it makes it harder for me to keep my brain free of MY thoughts, and harder to hear the Lord's heart. Tell me what you think, or pm me anytime.

Have faith in the unseen

I will do my best at trying to keep this simple,

God talk to us in very simple formats and it is clear and simple.

So here is my take on your dream.

Now you have to reach into your heart to let God give you the word from Him.

He does sends help.........

Only you will know the details........

I was in the sanctuary of the church I grew up in and stayed in until five years ago, when I was 30.

God call you at 30 and you left the old sancturary at 30 to came into the newness of Christ.

New Creature in Christ Jesus..............

He called
Abraham
to leave his family and follow Him.

He called
Moses
and other to come out of the darkness into the light.

When we are born again he want us to come out of the show into the newness of Christ Jesus.

My parents still go there. The structure of the sanctuary was the same but instead of regular pews, there were very old-fashioned boxed pews with doors, like from the l700's. I was seated outside my family's pew on a wobbly piano bench. There was no room for me in the pew.

The room began to shift and move like a revolving stage, like an attraction at Universal Studios Florida. A very dramatic, theatrical presentation began. It was dark like a theater and children began to hand out lit lanterns.

As you can see there is
no room for you at the show
, where the world is looking, this show is not real, not built on the foundation of Christ, nothing change, for example. People are in darkness, not knowing the truths of God.

My mother was talking in a very loud voice about how superior their church and denomination were. I couldn't stand it anymore and I had to flee. I grabbed a bathrobe and realized I was wearing a flimsy nightgown. As I was running out I saw a very handsome man coming in and I wanted him to follow me, but he didn't.

God wants you to follow Him. People will try and convince you other wises, your Mother, the very handsome man (appealing you your eyes) , brother, or sister, etc...............

As I ran out I realized two things:

I was pregnant and my bare feet were very dirty and muddy. Outside it was dark and stormy and the congregation had moved outside to watch very dramatic, theatrical performances about Jesus.

I couldn't find my car so I ran away down the side of the road. It began to hail and I reached up and grabbed a handful of ice and stones.

This part I see you are pregnant with the word, but still you are dirty and muddy, so is everyone, still having to change.

Still there are things in our character that we have to change as we walk with Christ, it is on going and we must stay the course.

He wants to birth the truth of Christ Jesus in your life, His word cleans and make new, His truths restores, heals and delivers. He gives the newness of life for you to help others come to the fullness of Chist Jesus.

I see you reaching out for the ice (hard water, word and yet there are stones in your way. You must have faith trust in the unseen and God will remove the strone in your life.

Thank you to both HISstrenghtinMe and abc. You have both been very helpful to me. The interesting thing is I continue having dreams almost nightly where I am in a different church that is experiencing turmoil; I have to run away but I cannot find my car in the parking lot! Thanks again, ladies.

Don't run it is there where God is trying to teach you.

I too am in a church with turmoil, all churches has some type of turmoil going on, no church is perfect.

Stay and learn of God ways and will. It may not be what you see with your eyes.

Continue to study his word and let it pour into you. The Holy Spirit, He will bring it to your rememberance.

I to have dreams and visions, He will not let you rest until he reveal to you what He want from you and what he want to change in you.

What we see with our eyes is the very thing God is trying to change in us.

If you run God will take you back to the very things you are running from.

Consider another angle?

Thank you to both HISstrenghtinMe and abc. You have both been very helpful to me. The interesting thing is I continue having dreams almost nightly where I am in a different church that is experiencing turmoil; I have to run away but I cannot find my car in the parking lot! Thanks again, ladies.

I have a different take on this. I will say it again, with even more clarity...

I have a different perspective to this high lighted portion that you have shared. It is my personal take on the symbolic quality of the dream you shared. Please hear/read it, pray and ask the Lord to give your spirit and soul confirmation as to what it is I speak of, ok?

You are dreaming of churches.... more commonly... groups of people, united together to follow the Lord. What is your role in these dreams? To me, what is highlighted above, seems somewhat familiar to what you shared in the first dream. In both dreams you are recognizing things that others cannot see, and you seek to respond in the appropriate manner. I would encourage you to ask yourself some questions.....

What is the Lord showing you lately about church life, how it currently functions, how effective it is and your role in the process?

What has the Lord put on your heart regarding HIS heart towards the church?

What are your unique gifts/talents that relate to church life?

Here's another tid-bit.... Cars can often be symbolic of various ministries or roles of responsiblity within the church... the vehicle the Lord uses to get a specific Kingdom task accomplished. In dreams, they are often anything that has wheels and moves... a bicycle, and 18 wheeler, an RV... get the idea? This is not a "thus sayeth the Lord" detail, just some insight I have learned.

Again... please oh please pray and ask the Lord. Much can be learned by careful and devoted soul searching, seeking the Face of God in an earnest effort to: 1. Thank Him for the dream and trusting you with it.

2. Seek Him to it's understanding and respond correctly

Dreams are often warnings. Dreams are often strategic ways to pray for things the Lord give you vision to pray for. Sure there are dreams that we chuck out the window, but what you have shared does not impress me as junk to be tossed out. Be patient. Chew on it, ask HIM and believe for the interpretation (just like the James verse). Don't doubt for a minute He won't reveal to you great mysteries, as you continue to seek His heart and purpose.

Please feel free to pm me, I'd be happy to pray with you and discuss this further if you would like.

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the
inner
man;

Inner Turmoil
- The
inner person is made up of two entities
:The
spirit
and the
flesh

There is a
constant battle between them
(Turmoil). The one you surrender to is the one that will grow stronger and win the war.
KJV Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, least ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

There is turmoil in all of us. We can not escape turmoil it is in the inner man.

So every church you go to will have men (spirit and flesh);

We are weak but he is strong, Paul contrasts differences between the "inward" and the "outward" person

2 Corinthians

4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

These words are straight from God, the word, Jesus, the bread of life, the bible, the will, and the testament.

Life is a hard fight, a struggle, a wrestling with the principlee of evil, hand to hand, foot to foot. Every inch of the way is disputed. The night is given us to take breath and to pray, to drink deep at the fountain of power. The day, to use the strength that has been given us, to go forth to work with it till the evening. Florence Nightingale

I was pregnant and my bare feet were very dirty and muddy.

pregnant -Filled with the word -

bare feet

dirty feet

Muddy feet

In the natural the only way to clean our feet is by washing them in water.

Now how do we wash our feet in the spiritual, by the washing with the word,
reading and studing
the word of God, through the Holy Spirit to receive power.

Study

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Cleaning power:

KJV
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall
be witnesses unto me
both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

NIV
Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Feet:

Isa 52:7
- How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring
good news
, who proclaim
peace
, who bring
good tidings
, who proclaim
salvation
, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Ro 10:15
- And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Newness in Christ:

New Creature:

2Co 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away
; behold,
all things are become new

I see you reaching out for the ice(water the hard truths) tbc

I had a very strange vivid dream today during my nap. I can recognize elements of it and understand what some of it represents. But I would also like someone else's perspective.

I was in the sanctuary of the church I grew up in and stayed in until five years ago, when I was 30. My parents still go there. The structure of the sanctuary was the same but instead of regular pews, there were very old-fashioned boxed pews with doors, like from the l700's. I was seated outside my family's pew on a wobbly piano bench. There was no room for me in the pew.

As I ran out I realized two things: I was pregnant and my bare feet were very dirty and muddy. Outside it was dark and stormy and the congregation had moved outside to watch very dramatic, theatrical performances about Jesus.

The end.

Can anyone help with this?

I hope that we have helped. Also that you picked up on ways to understand how God talks to you through your dreams and visions.

If you have any question please let us know.

Or tell us what you feel deep in your heart that God has spoke to you concerning this dream.

Thank you abc and HISstrengthinme again. I don't feel I have fully given this over to God yet. I recognize so much in it on a conscious level and today someone told me it was just snapshots in my brain.

What I do recognize is that I feel like my mother does feel like her church and denomination are superior and that she was very angry when my family and I ventured out on our own. One reason we did leave was because that particular denomination does operate in a very showy, theatrical, dramatic way--like they are participating in man-made performances instead of real worship.

abc, I totally get when you said that the people were in the dark and there was no place for me in that world.

The bare, muddy feet--I did have my feet washed at that church twice. But again, it was for "show", merely a performance. So I'm wondering, do I still feel like I was never served or fed there and I am harboring resentment about it?

For some reason I have been fighting talking to God about this. I want to have another church dream and not run away this time. But I know I need to talk to God first.

For some reason I have been fighting talking to God about this. I want to have another church dream and not run away this time. But I know I need to talk to God first.

Lord, You know your daughter's heart better than anybody. You know her uniqueness and You, Lord, have great plans and purpose for her. I thank You for this. I thank You that You love getting work done with someone like me, and Onehotmama and abc, and all the other precious mamas on this site. I thank you that we can accomplish much through YOU and make a difference for Your Kingdom, in Your Mighty Name. I ask, Lord, that You would speak to your daughter about her dream, but more importantly, about Your Truth. Spirit of Truth, by Holy Spirit, won't You come in greater measure into this dear one's life. Guide her gently down pathways she may not be familiar, but let her enjoy the adventure. May she be empowered to do mighty exploits for Your Namesake, my Holy God. I bless her in Your Name, Jesus.

Thank You for Your wisdom, we ask for it now in Your Name, Father.

You are Awesome! We worship You forever, Amen.

abc, I totally get when you said that the people were in the dark and there was no place for me in that world.

The bare, muddy feet--I did have my feet washed at that church twice. But again, it was for "show", merely a performance. So I'm wondering, do I still feel like I was never served or fed there and I am harboring resentment about it?

God use that church as a stepping stone in your life. He is trying to take you to a place where he want to do his will in your new life.

Were you fed, I think so. We all are feed to some degree, milk for babe in Christ and meat for full adults in Christ.

So I say to you seek the deeper things and truths of God and he will take you to the next level in Him. It will not be easy, this path is alway a test of faith.

"I did have my feet washed at that church twice."

What does this mean?

Physical washing?

Yes, abc, it was physical washing. At a Good Friday service, the pastor washed the feet of several people at the front of the church while the congregation watched. I don't know what it means in good ol' foot washin' churches that do it on a regular basis, but our church was a very, very formal church and I felt like it was done as a "performance."

"Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you knw these things, you will be blessed if you do them." John 13: 12-17

I know in Jesus' time, foot washing was done by the very lowliest servants in the household. And it was so necessary--people walked everywhere; their feet were very dirty, muddy, hot, tired, sore. So at the the Last Supper there was no servant to wash feet, and Jesus took on that role and washed the feet of his disciples. He became the lowly, humble servant.

But, what does that mean for us today? Does it literally mean washing feet? Or does it mean serving in all ways or one specific way? I know this is getting off the topic a little bit.

I taught this lesson to the kids at my church during VBS this summer and it was a wonderful thing to wash their feet. They were indeed, hot and tired, and the cold water was refreshing to them. That water got very dirty and nasty too. (We changed out the water to use clean water every few kids). It was very special to me to wash their feet and it helped illustrate the lesson.

Sorry to get off the topic. In answer to your question, yes, I am talking about physical foot washing!

Foot washing is just showing that no one is greater than another.

I will look if up for you.

In a spiritual sense, I was speaking of your dream, you said that your feet was muddy dirity, etc

You are a minister of the gospel, we all are who has accepted Christ.

Your feet being dirity was to say, prepare your self to minister to other

How can we minister is our feet are dirity.

We have to change, how by the renewing of our mind.

Being new creature in Christ we must study his word, why not to change other, but for the word to work in us, cleaning and washing us, santify our soul and arm our selves with the gospel to spread the word of the death, burial and resurection of our Lord Jesus CHrist.

I recall a dream I had as I was taking a nap. I want to share it in hopes

of it ministering to someone.

In my dream, I was standing in a small room, all I recall being in there

was a full length mirror. I had my two babies with me, they were sitting

at my feet. I was waiting...just waiting....not sure for what. Family was

leaving,... my unckle stuck his head in the doorway asking if I was

ready. I told him no...I was waiting.

I happened to glance over at the mirror...I walked over, as I looked at my

reflection, I didn't see me...but,...it was Jesus that I saw. It was as if

He was my very own reflection. He never said a word. ..He was so pure,

such a beautiful site. All I could do was bow...I was worshiping Him.

I woke up.

In the word of God, it says that we are created in His image...in His

likeness. I believe with all that is within me, when people look at us,

they should be able to see Jesus in us. We are to reflect His image.

I hope that whoever reads this will let Jesus show forth through you.

Brenda

Your dream, lights on

Your dream follow your Quote. . .

I was standing in a small room, all I recall being in there was a full length
mirror.

James 1:19-27

19 My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. 20 Your
anger
can never make things right in God's sight. 21 So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the message God has planted in your hearts, for it is strong enough to save your souls. 22 And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. If you don't obey, you are only fooling yourself. 23 For if you just listen and don't obey, it is like looking at your face in a
mirror
but doing nothing to improve your appearance. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you keep looking steadily into God's perfect law – the law that sets you free – and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. 26 If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are just fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. 27
Pure
and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us.

I had my two babies with me, they were sitting

at my feet. I was waiting...just waiting....not sure for what. Family was

leaving,... my unckle stuck his head in the doorway asking if I was

ready. I told him no...I was waiting.

I happened to glance over at the mirror...I walked over, as I looked at my

reflection,

I didn't see me...but
,...it was Jesus that I saw
. It was as if

He was my very own reflection. He never said a word. ..He was so
pure

such a beautiful site. All I could do was bow...I was worshiping Him.

Jesus with the babies (represent Baby in Christ) sitting at the His feet, worshiping, learning and being healed.

Matthew 15:29-39

29 And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.

30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:

No natural family to teach any more, Just learning from Jesus, Master and Savior.

I woke up.

In the word of God, it says that we are created in His image...in His

likeness. I believe with all that is within me, when people look at us,

they should be able to see Jesus in us. We are to reflect His image.

I hope that whoever reads this will let Jesus show forth through you.

I too lost my father, did not know I had anger, but I came to Jesus and sat at his feet and walk each day with him, ask him to heal me from the anger of my pass. I was not hearing and not obeying, trying but it was not happening.

One day I begin to sit at the feet of Jesus, just like a new born babe, I sat at his feet for days, months and years until he deliver and sat me free.

Thanks...this sheds new light on things.

Are you a teacher of God's word?

Are you active in your church over a group?

Just curious.

Thanks again for responding to my post.

Brenda

Servant of God

Thank you for being receptive, only you can know if God is speaking to you.

I encourage you to use the word of God to guide your life.

It is explained like this. . .
Heb 4:12 -

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You see God has given vision and dreams

As I begin to study his word, he begin to lead in my life

Giving Dreams and Vision to guide and as warning

God keeps things very simple for us to give a message.

When it can be back up by scriptures, they are words from God to you.

If they are not back by scriptures then toss it.

You see we all have good and bad in us.

God give us something and Satan job is to steal or snatch it away from us.

To answer your question, I am active in church.

I attend Bible College to study God word. A servant of God, trying to tell somebody about the love of God through his word for His glory.

I will do my best to pray, share, teach and support others alone the way.

I spoke these words to the Lord, If you can use anything, you can use me.

Welcome again and glad to have you

I've been having these dreams for quite some time, at least a year, and it's taken me awhile to realize that they are recurring. They are always different but contain the same elements: a new or different house and water. For example, in my dream we will buy a fabulous new house but when I look outside water has rushed up to it. Or it may be a cruddy, run-down house but there is always the danger of too much water.

Of course, what comes to mind for me is the parable of the wise and foolish builders in Matthew 8: 24-27.

Can anyone help me with some interpretation and how I can recognize what God is telling me through these dreams? My husband and I feel we have built our house upon the rock and are ready when (not if) the storms come. So why do I keep dreaming this?

Key phases to this dream............

fabulous new house

outside water has rushed

Vision

This morning I had a vision in which I was shown the image of a denom who has been attacking me in a certain area, leading me to sin. Yes, it was before I got out of bed this morning but I was not sleeping and I was not dreaming. I am confused. Why was I shown this image and how can I be sure that it was God showing me?

onehotmama,

You can know if God is speaking to you, if your vision is back up with scriptures, if not toss it out.

We have to study the word, stay in the word, and be in the will of God and pray daily,

When having vision and dream, God will speak to you in the pages of His book the Holy Bible.

This has been my experiences.

Yes, it's from God. This is the scripture He gave me almost immediately after the vision: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6: 12

It all makes sense. I am being oppressed by the enemy.

This is good, that he is speaking to you.

Now what is your next step?

That is if you would like to share