Sign in to follow this  
amber1

babtism

babtism  

70 members have voted

1. 1. babtism

• Yes
    • No

Just wondering, how many of you ladies have been babtised? And if you like tell about your experience. I haven't been yet, but one day I would like to when I feel God calls me to.

I grew up in a Baptist church, so of course baptism was an emphasis. I was baptised shortly after I came to know Christ as my Savior. I don't believe that baptism holds the key to anything. It's an outward sign, not the means to knowing Christ. That being said, I think baptism is an incredible thing. For me, it was a great way of signifying to myself and God that I wanted to leave life prior to Him behind and start fresh. My husband grew up Nazarene where baptism isn't emphasized. We've talked about it several times and he's excited to one day get baptised when he feels God calling him to it, like you. I think it's awesome that he's not doing it because others say he should or because he's feeling pressured to. When you and God decide it's time, enjoy symbolically starting your life over with God as your focus.

Hi Amber, I was baptised a few months after I came to Christ. Coming to Christ was a huge change in my life, and I thought it was a good way to show everyone about my new commitment. My sister was also having her baby christened around the same time. I was christened as a baby, but it gave me an opportunity to tell my sister WHY I was getting "baptised again". It was a great witnessing opportunity. :) Kim

I have to say that when I became a born again Christian, and when I was baptized shortly after, no one told me how it would or should feel like. I thought that I would feel an incredible feeling come over me, I thought I would get totally emotional, a sign that that Holy Spirit had come to me. I was disappointed though, b/c all i felt was wet. I mean, I knew what baptism was and why I was doing it. I just didn't really know what to feel afterwards, know what I mean? Afterwards, I thought, that maybe i didn't receive the Holy Spirit b/c of something I felt or thought was not geniuneMaybe I didn't believe hard enough. Wasn't I suppose to feel, holier, pure, very spiritual? It took me awhile to understand. Praise to God. He showed me the truth. He showed me the difference between baptism of water and baptism of the Holy Spirit. He was always with me, even when I never felt His presence. Anyway, this would be a long story, rather, my testimony, that should be postd elsewhere. But, about my baptism, I wish someone would have told me how it would be afterwards or how I was suppose to feel or not feel and what it meant or not mean. KWIM?

I was baptized by immersion this fall & I had no idea that the baptism w/the Holy Spirit was different. Thankfully after listening to a speaker @ our church & the need for more of Jesus a friend asked if I'd recieved of the Holy Spirit. When I said no she asked if I wanted to be filled w/the Holy Spirit, clueless I hesitantly said yes & my life has not been the same since. I have found His peace that passes understanding!!! Congrats on your baptisms!

Being brought up and lived all my life in a church that believed in "baby sprinkling" as baptism, I was really surprised when one day, my husband & I were driving in the car listening to praise and worship, and while I was worshiping, I felt myself being "lifted up". (my eyes were closed, and I thought it was the the road like if you drive fast on a high bridge that turns... but my husband afterwards said there was no such thing, and he was not driving faster than he should have been) anyway... I felt "lifted up" and I felt I was in the courts of heaven. at the feet of God. I have NEVER heard anything like this before then, forget about experiencing it. but I felt calm, it was amazing. then, when i came "back to myself" i clearly heard that I must be baptised in water (by submersion) I was puzzled. I asked God if He was sure, i mean, i was brought up to believe only 1 baptism - and that was the sprinkling i received as a child! I thought - I need confirmation. so i picked up a little new testament bible we had in the car, and i prayed the Lord will confirm for me as i opened it. And i opened it to where John was calling the people to be baptism. "ouch !" i thought. at this stage, this was too much. when we got back home after that vocation, I went to a friend that I knew was baptism in water - and asked them about it. They told me they did it out of obidence. Now, my walk with the Lord was at this point nothing like it is now. and I did not think this "Obdience" was SOO important that it convinced me (yet) but just a few days later, at our cell group (small bible study group) the lesson went about "hearing God" and what came out (and it was like a full hit in the face) was when the one person said that when he did not OBEY whatever he heard God telling him, it was like, he would stop hearing God. I thougth back to my amazing "vision" and i realised i have not experienced that again, and i need to be OBEDIENT if i would ever want to experience God again. within a week after that I was baptismed in water.

From there my walk with the Lord has grown, He has taken me to a new church where the Holy Spirit flows, (I recieved baptism in the Holy Spirit abut 2 years later) but my life has changed 100 fold! and i can only praise the Lord for all He has done in my life! :D

Marianna

I felt blessed, after i babtised

:)

it's been a months before i decide to recieve dearest God as my personal savior, first i was afraid, b/c i thought if you recieve God as your personal savior by babtised, you should avoid everything, for instance, lying, etc. but when i accept him, i truly blessed, i learn in Rom:3:10, their is none righteous no not one, (except our dearest God) , i recieved a bunch of miracle in my life, and yes of course, you will be wet, but you will feel secured that you will know for sure that you are the daughter of the living God, and he will always guide and protect you in many ways.......

God blessed

yes I have been baptized.

As we all know it doesn't just stop there.

Let us examine these scriptures as to where we go from being baptisized.

Hebrews 6:1-8

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,

let us go on unto perfection;
not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of

baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3 And this will we do, if God permit

Now the most import thing is to know that there is not just one baptism. As well as other requirement from God through His scriptures.

As you can see it says

1. baptism
s

2. laying on of hands,

3. resurrection of the dead,

4. eternal judgement

and last people tend to leave out this next scripture

And this will we do, if God permit

Here are some to start with and I will post the rest of them with scripture.

baptism of Holy Ghost

Baptism of love

Baptism

To be continued

I answered yes, b/c I was baptized as my parents beleived right as an infant, but I now feel I need to be re-baptized now that I'm a beleiver, might do that after this baby is born, being baptized by submusion is important to me. been baptized in the holy spirit.

I was baptized as an infant and came to know Christ as a child. I haven't felt the need to be baptized again as I feel like it was just a sign and not salvation. My husband and I have had all three of our kids baptized as babies as well. I have received the Holy Spirit and I believe that happened when I was saved.

I was baptized at the age of 10. My spiritual journey has recently led me back to that same church after years of sporadically attending church at best, so just today my husband and I went up during the invitation. He will be baptized for the first time and I will be rebaptized! Praise!

I was baptised when I was eleven, I think. I had accepted Christ as my personal savior several years before (in my bedroom one night) and was baptised after attending a children's program at church that taught what baptisim was all about. I spent several years fallen away as a young adult and so sometimes I think about getting baptised again... not because I think it is necessary but in recognition and celebration of my new-found adult relationship with God. I figure if baptisim is partially an act of public profession, none of the people who are currently in my life have ever witnessed such a profession from me (besides my parents). I don't know...

P.S. Just noticed - this was my 1000th post! Many good years and good memories. Thanks all for being a part.

I was saved at the age of 23 and baptised a month later in a creek the church used. When I was around 13 I went to church with someone and they said I needed to get saved so I did, although I had no idea even what it meant. So it tugged at my for yours and finally one night during a revival my MIL was talking to me and praying for me and I felt lead to give my life over to Christ. We have now moved away from there and haven't found a home church.

I was having a really hard time in my life when I went to church one day and sat by myself. I suddenly felt overwhelmed and started to cry...I couldn't stop. I gave my life to Christ that day and asked that he show me when I should be baptized or IF. I have not felt that feeling yet, and when I do, I will, but so far, I am not.