Sign in to follow this  
carolsarah15

Dried Fruit

I am a munchier...Lately I been eating chips, cookies, and other muchies. I just ate lunch of a salad with peporoni in it. Now I am at the I want to munchy. I took a bowl and put dried apples and appricots in it and I can't even finish it. Now it was chips I know that I would still be munching.. I think fruit is better for you too. But I am satsified. See if this will help me lose weight.

I'm a snacker too!

My weak spot is munchies too. The last time i saw the dietician in january, she had said that dried fruit packs more calories than fresh fruit. So i've started keeping fresh fruit and vegetables around. Plus those hundred calorie snack packs are awesome! Good luck with losing!

I never knew that dried fruits could actually pack in more calories until now! I thought they are just the same as fresh fruits. Thanks for the info!

i am still gaining weight.....i hope to lose it but the night shift does not help. pray my way down to 150..... that is all i can think of doing.:D

I haven't seen 150 since I was um...maybe about 11 yrs old. LMBO!! I think I'd be happy at 250. That's before I had my kids. Lol.

150 is what i was when i first found out i was pregnant with my 11 year old. When i graduated high school i was 140-145.

talk to ya later...:D

I too find that if I am eating something healthy my "satisfied" signal seems to kick in a lot earlier. I could eat ice cream for hours on end without ever feeling full.

I think dried fruit has more calories tends to be because you eat a lot more of it - like, you'd eat five or more prunes but how often would you sit and eat five fresh plums bam-bam-bam? When it dries the main thing you loose is water, which doesn't take many calories out with it.

Isn't it a shame that fresh fruit is so costly? Especially if you have a larger family....Do any of you shop at Aldi's (grocery store)? I have found their produce is very good and much less expensive. Their pears are the best...I can buy four for $1.49, which is a real deal.

I am a munchier...Lately I been eating chips, cookies, and other muchies. I just ate lunch of a salad with peporoni in it. Now I am at the I want to munchy. I took a bowl and put dried apples and appricots in it and I can't even finish it. Now it was chips I know that I would still be munching.. I think fruit is better for you too. But I am satsified. See if this will help me lose weight.

Mmmm... i love dried fruit too!! But it does have lots of sugar in it... I also read on another forum that when trying to lose weight you shouldn't eat more than 2 servings of fruit/day... bummerzzz 'cause i do love my fruit! ;)

When I was in school I was on the fruit and vegetable diet. I lost weight from that diet. We had a contest in school and I won 1st place. My mom was on the fish and chicken diet as well as fruits and vegetables and she lost alot of weight. Nothing is impossible with God! I encourage you to stick with it. If God be for you who can be against you. Nothing is too hard for God. God will help all of us lose the weight we need to lose. God bless

Onfire4jesus

I love dried pineapple and dried apples. I use to eat dried apples all the time. Then about 3 yrs ago I bought a couple of lbs from the bulk section and by the time I got done eating one I started itching all ove rmy face, neck, and chest. Than my chest got super tight and i had an asthma attack, weird because I ate them as a child with no problems. I waited a few months tried them again same thing. It's a bummer cuz I love them so know I just stick to dried pineapples and banana chips

I don't see why not, the fruit is simply dried not cooked. I would however drink plenty of water to compensate and don't eat too much dried fruit or you will be a frequent flyer to the potty.

We eat the dried fruit with nuts (though my toddler only gets to eat the fruit) the nuts and fruit are great for my growing baby, I just stick to the serving size and do not eat more than once in a day, since the fruit is filling b/c it is loaded with fiber and the nuts are long-satisfying b/c of the protein in the long run I eat less calories and fat than the fruit and nuts contain b/c they hold my hunger off longer than those 100 calorie packs do. We get the big bags from Costco, Kirkland brand, it has walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews, raisins, apples, pineapples, papaya with lime, kiwi, apricots, strawberries, cherries, and bananas.

Edited by DiamondRing

Phentermine

It is true that body can derive juices from whole vegetables.Juices are the perfect fast food for today's eat-on-the-run lifestyle.Create at least one fresh vitamin dosis a day, it will also cheer you up!:)

My husband juices too! He is all into it. I will drink it if he makes it, but it seems like a lot of work to me, if he did not do it I would not bother with it, and just buy the organic packaged from the store. It makes a lot of mess to clean up too and I think it costs a lot more, but he enjoys it.

Usual daily routine:

Up at 5am

Home at 7PM

12 min walk to bus stop (down 7 hills)

1 mile walk to college (25 mins at a fast walk,pretty much flat but tiring with a heavy bag)

Climb 4 flights of stairs x6

1 mile walk from college (25 mins)

15 min walk up 5 steep hills

Breakfast: Dried fruit + Cereal (semi-skimmed milk) (If I have time,sometimes I don't so I skip breakfast)

Lunch: Sandwich + Yogurt/fruit health bar (sometimes skip lunch depending on college times,not often though)

Dinner: (Below + fruit and Yogurt)

Radialabs

I love fruit...and enjoy a huge fruit smoothie every morning. I HIGHLY recommend you ladies to read, "Perfect Health: The Natural Way" by Mary-Ann Shearer...it's really life-changing. In fact, it would make the perfect Christmas gift to your friends and relatives. I just recently added the book on my Kindle.