Sign in to follow this  
Geri

Just wondering!

I have been sitting here watching my 14 year old daughter get ready for school, and she just amazes me. She has washed her hair twice, because the first time it didn't look clean enough. :D She has a schedule in the mornings and if it gets out of whack, oh boy!! She doesn't have to be at school until 8:45 and gets up at 5:00. Yes, this is my first teenage rearing experience. Ha Ha!! I really don't remember if I was as picky as she is. Just wondering if any of you have teenage girls. It would be nice to have someone to talk to about all that teenage stuff!! Hope everyone has a great day!!:)

Almost there. My boys are "eleventeen." I hope the hygiene thing improves soon. :( Right now they don't put on deodorant unless I tell them to. I still have to clip their nails, wash their hair and even brush their teeth for them or it just doesn't get done. :mad: At this age they still think girls are icky and frogs aren't, which I guess is a good thing.... for now.

Oh man, i thought i had the only boy on the planet who fights a bath like it was torture! He's eight but like your sons he wont deoderize and freshen unless i'm standing over him! When does that end??

Mai

I'm not sure what would be worse the boys not wanting to bathe or the girls bathing too much. My two stepsons were out of the house when I married their dad, so I didn't get in on the boys raising, but he told me lot's of stories about having to stand over them to make sure they would shower and brush their teeth. They didn't care about being clean until they started being interest in girls.

kids! LOL I have a 10 yr old boy like that too....the whole process= hey I think you need to take a shower....but MMMOOOOOMMMMM, ~ TAKE a shower!!:eek:

Hahahaha But I'm alreading wondering how my 7 year old daughter will be when she hits that 13-14age because she already likes to have her hair a certain way~ When we ponytail it, it can't have any "bumps" in it!! We have to comb it carefully and make sure the her hair is smooth!! :rolleyes:

look at it this way~ at least she is motivated to get up in the am! I can barely get up at 5am!!! LOL

My 14 yo dd likes sleep too much to go through all that.

She sleeps as long as she can, hops out of bed, throws on clothes, puts her hair in a pony tail and straightens the bangs and can be out the door in 10 min. if necessary. :)

I'm wondering what my 5 year old will be like when puberty hits--she's been a diva since she was 3! Always wanted to choose her clothes and the socks to match, and telling how to do her hair. It doesn't help that since she's started school all the older girls and the kindergarten teachers tell her how cute she is!