Sign in to follow this  
Agnt43

Do you know what would take marker off?

My youngest marked all over our freezer with permanent marker. I have tried Mr. Clean eraser and alcohol but neither worked. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cover it up with refrigerator magnets? :p

Sorry, wish I could help.

I bet there are some good tips on the internet, why don't you try googling it?

Guest happy@home

Try goof off or crud cutter. The crud cutter is what I use most. I am not sure if it will work or not.

There is Goo Gone and Oops. Find them in the paint section of the store. One is great for markers and one for crayons. I keep them both handy!

no bible answer for this one

Sorry, there is no biblical answer for this one.:(

no no no no:eek: ;):cool:

Kim H, I am glad you are back.

8 ways to remove permanent marker stains (WFMW)

August 23rd, 2006

Lil’ Duck and his friends have found the Sharpie permanent markers on occasion and boy can those make a mess! Thankfully, it can be removed, although I still need to work on the carpet. With this list, be careful as to the surface, as some of these things will ruin certain surfaces. I’d suggest spot-testing and using common sense (i.e. not putting bleach on carpet, not using chemicals on skin, etc. ;)). Now if only I could get red koolaid out of carpet…

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (also works for crayons, but don’t use it on skin, of course)

WD-40

Anti-bacterial hand gel

Hairspray

Cooking spray

Nail polish remover

Bleach (depending on the surface)

Goof Off

*Updated to add other suggestions….

Eagles Wings suggested acetone for taking sharpies right off of plastic or hard surfaces (keep away from children, of course).

Renee said that rubbing alcohol will also remove permanent markers from smooth surfaces.

Mz Jay had an incident where:

My daughter got her hands on a thick black permanent marker(sharpie) she drew on paper but quite alot of it got on the kitchen table that has a wood finish on top. I used toothpaste and a toothbrush and it removed all the marker on the table! I let the toothpaste sit on all the marks for about 5 minutes and got an old toothbrush and scrubbed away! My table does not have any marker left on it, and the best part is that the toothpaste did not ruin my wood table or the finish thats on it. I would suggest using the white toothpaste rather than the gel types that are on the market.

Momofateen:rolleyes:

i've had toothpaste take off some tough stains, in the military we used it to clean floors and the pipes under the sink to make them shine

Guest happy@home

My daughter wrote on my fridge with a marker a few weeks ago. I grabbed the closest thing at hand---wet wipes. They do an amazing job. They do not always work but have really suprised me at times. In fact, some of the marker had been there for a couple days because we had been really busy. My daughter had gotten ahold of the marker again and wrote there the second time. I couldn't figure out where she had found the marker. Well, I found it and put it somewhere else.

Kids sure know how to keep us busy!!!!

Really strong bleach zixo the one that really whitens clothes, vingear, try homewares stores that might sell a product that gets really tough stains off walls etc hope that helps, or if all else fails, I have seen this done to makeover a fridge is to spray paint it silver its brillant!