Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Diets and Swimsuit Season

Well ladies - with summer coming soon - I'm wanting to shed a few pounds before the swimsuit season hits!

As the webmaster/webmistress of this site - are any of you interested in starting a kind of "diet - buddy" system for accountability's sake? I'd love to, so please reply to this post and I'll start a special section in our forums for something like this, if you wish!

We could share info and ideas about how we are making our lifestyles and food choices healthy ones, and share our success and our failures (maybe if we're lucky, there would be none of those). Plus, we'd have each other to call on via the posts to say - HEY - HELP - I need some encouragement today!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Carla

Sounds great to me, too! I would love all the encouragement I could get. I have really been trying to work out (Taebo tapes) everyday, but it is so hard. I really want to lose about 10 lbs. by summer. Time is going fast! I just feel sometimes that taking care of three children and our home is about all I can handle. It's all those miday snacks that kill me! I'd love to hear from others who are struggling with diet and excercise as well!;o)

diets and swimsuit

I can't say enough about the Body for Life Program my husband and I are on. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wants to finally end the cycle of overeating/dieting/ and who has tried exercise with little results. We've just finished the 8th out of 12 weeks, and my husband has lost 13 lbs, and 6 inches over his whole body. I have lost about 10 lbs of fat, gained 8 lbs of muscle and gained energy, strength and a much more toned appearance overall. The book is called Body for Life by Bill Phillips. It entails healthy eating 6 days a week, weight training 3 days a week, and a 20 minute aerobic session 3 days a week. One day is your free day, you eat anything you want. The changes are incredible because it involves something all other diet schemes don't: good old fashioned healthy eating and hard work. Something people just don't want to make time to do these days, but the results are worth it. You couldn't pay me to go back to my former way of life. I was ALWAYS tired, had chronic congestion, yeast infections, and headaches. NOT ANYMORE!

give it the 12 weeks, you won't go back!

sincerely,

a new mom and wife with a zest for life!

I can't tell you enough about the positive support of encouragement from others that are trying to change their eating/excercise habits for losing weight or for their health. I am right now on another site where they have a thread for just that. We weigh in every week(Wednsedays) and either root for them if they had a good week or support them with encouragement and prayer if it was a bad week. I have also met my diet buddy on that thread and that is one that I thank the Lord for. It makes me and her accountable to each other. We email each other every day or when we can and tell each other what we have eaten and how much excercise we have done. We don't down each other if we have a day that we give in to temptation we just encourage each other to try better the next day...

And just a note we give the highest weight we are at/or have been, then we give present weight that we give on Wednsedays then we put down a goal weight.

Example: 199-Highest weight

182-Present weight(On Wed.)

155-Goal weight

Some put their goal weight at smaller goals, just an idea...but the idea of having a thread related to this is great I find it very encouraging especially on my down days/weeks...

That sounds like it could really work!!!! Could you tell us what the website is? I need to lose about 35-40Lbs. and cannot get myself motivated. Even when I know I am tpp heavy. I weigh more than I did when I was due for my last child. Thats not good. Please give me all the advice youve got. I could use it.

mom of three

Great idea God's bleesing!!! I loved your idea!so I hope you don't mind I started a thread for Weight loss encouragement!See you there!

Mom of three

I am on another moms site, I like to make friends, and it's called justmoms.com....It pretty much is similiar to this site and I am glad I have found both. The only advice that I have been following is don't set to high goals because it will be very frustrating if you don't make the goal. I pretty much started dieting(about 2m ago) not only for my health but for myself. I not only set a weght goal but smaller goals like cutting the sweets to a few times a week and cutting pop out. I haven't exactly had an easy time with the sweets but I am now only drinking pop maybe 1-3times a month where I was drinkng 1-2 a day. Another advice that I try to follow is when you do fall don't keep kicking yourself, giving in to a sweet/hands off item will not necessarily hurt your dieting. Just pray and tell yourself you will do better the next day. That is where I find having a diet buddy really helps, and a thread where there are many more who is going through the same feelings of dieting and excercise. It's a great idea that Shawna has started a thread, I will check it out...

Thanks for the encouragement!! I would have to say pop is one of my biggest, I have cut back alot I try to keep bottles of water in the refridgerator & if we have pop keep it out. I ve been doing ptetty good on that, as far as food, it has become a comfort to me as well. But grabbing a water when I would normally grab a bite to eat is getting easier. As soon as I can get on a regular rouine of walking I know that will help too.

you are all in my prayers!!

Thanks for the encouragement!! I would have to say pop is one of my biggest, I have cut back alot I try to keep bottles of water in the refridgerator & if we have pop keep it out. I ve been doing ptetty good on that, as far as food, it has become a comfort to me as well. But grabbing a water when I would normally grab a bite to eat is getting easier. As soon as I can get on a regular rouine of walking I know that will help too.

you are all in my prayers!!

mom of three