Sign in to follow this  
Godzzgurl

Weight Loss Encouragement!!

I, along with "God's Blessing", thought it would be a great idea to have a thread for encouragement and prayer for weight loss. This way we can help eachother out as we struggle through weight loss and pray and encourage eachother when it's tough. And of course, Praise eachother when we lose!!!

So, for me......HELP!!!!

I was doing great for about a week, now I'm not doing to good! Summer is approaching quickly, now is the time for me to get serious and do what's right!

You are all in my prayers!

weight:135

Goal:120

I to go for a week or so then uhoh. Im not so lucky in the weight dept. My currentweight is around 185, Id like to get to155.I am getting stared back walking on sun. I had minor surgery last week so I have been pretty much of nothing the past week. My biggest problem is constant snacking, I have been trying to drink more water that is helping to curb some of it. Please keep me in your prayers, as I will you all.

mom of three

Hello, this is great to start this thread and am looking forward to meeting new friends who are going through the same struggle of dieting and excercise. I started making much needed changes in my diet and excercise about 2m ago and was doing really well for the first month but I have to confess that the last month has gone downhill. I am scared that I may have gained half if not all of what I have lost(haven't weighed myself in a few weeks). I am one where stress is food is the comfort. Plus I found being without a computer(just got it fixed a few days ago) was a major downfall for me. I had no contact with anyone let alone my diet buddy for the encouragement and prayer I really needed. Just a note, I have found that a thread is really nice because you are in contact with many going through the same struggles, but having a diet buddy also is a major plus that has really helped me the most. A special bond with one-on-one relationship and encouragement.

Well, I thought that I would add today how I am doing. I finally weighed myself(after a long, very down month of April) and was not surprised that I have gained at least half of what I have already lost. I am not happy about it but know that it won't make me feel better if I down myself so I am just going to start over and determine to put all in God's hands and give me the motivation to do this. I am praying for that same encouragement and motivation for those others that want the same thing...

constant snacking

I still haven't seen the weight loss I desire but I have learned that if you nip the starch and sugar based snacks out of your diet the snacking will be reduced. Don't allow yourself anything sugary ie. muffin in the morning. Avoid crackers. . .Sugars and starches play havoc with blood sugar levels which make you want to snack.

I've added a soy protein drink as it's good for women's hormones and helps me feel full. It is good to control the blood sugar level too.

Of course, snacking can be from stress, loneliness, and boredom too which I have a problem with.

Well I have wlked three times inthe past five days, thats good for me, I have alot of problems with my husband he wants me to lose weight but he doesnt want to give me an hour each night to walk, well I kinda just leave at 9:00 each night. He is really hard on me about how heavy I am and I will be thirty this fall also ,he will only be twenty seven so he rubs it in even more, I am really heavy more than when I had my last baby which was almost three years ago. When I start to feel a little bit better about myself he wiil almost always come backwith something to cut me down. It is really discouraging!!! But I know I do need to lose weight for myself not just him. Keep praying for me!!!

mom of three

I'm very discouraged about my body. Never had this weight problem until 38 after a thyroid treatment and 2 yrs after my last child.

I eat healthy, get moderate exercise 3 or more times a week, with absolutely NO benefits. I used to teach aerobics when I was 29. I used to jog. I know how to exercise.

I have poured out my heart to God over and over. I need your prayers.