Sign in to follow this  
mama5k

Good things come to those who take it Slow!!

As some of you know, I run 5k's. Now I don't have a runners body. I am getting ther slowly. I have had a weight problem since I had my first daughter 16 1/2 years ago. It gradually came on w/ each daughter and I was a stress and emotional eater. 3 or 4 years ago I really took this to the Lord and I prayed about started changing eat habits, slowly started to exercise. In April of 2005 I started running. I always said that I would run my first 5k before I was 40. Tomorrow I will be running my 8th 5k in 2 years. I have always worn plus-size clothes and haven't been able to find nice running clothes for me. Yesterday I went shopping for some clothes and was able to try clothes on in the reg clothes section. If I had 10 lbs off I could have bought my running outfit that I want. The point that I am trying to make is God will help you w/ this. He knew the desire of my heart and it took baby steps and alot of stick to it to get this far. By Sept. I should be able to go get that outfit for next year. Because I will be running a 10k at the end of September. So if God cares about htis little big thing w/ me look at how much he cares for you all and all your things.

Have a great weekend and enjoy sleeping in!!!

Stacey

Stacey,

Congratulations on your success! Best wishes on continued success and thank you for encouraging the rest of us! :D

Wonderful

That is wonderful. I use to run 5k and I ran one 10k.

I have been planning to run a 5k, but we bought a tandem.

So my daughter and I are starting slow, I take the steps at my job to the 10 floor. In the evening I ride our tandem at least 10 miles. I have been doing the step for three months. I also started taking vitamins. You are right slow but sure.

My motto is what you do today will help you tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing a wonderful story. It is encouraging.

I would love to start running again. Unfortunately, I'm just not to a place weight wise where I can. I do plan to start walking though.

(btw - with each child, there are three now, I was blessed with added . . . um, bra sizes. If I were to run right now, I'd be blind before the end of the first lap) :D

Kelkat, that is too funny, and something I know all too well myself!!

Mama5k, that's great!!

I need to start walking. (2 kids here!)

We may be going to Hawaii in 2008, so I guess that's a good incentive to get in shape. Huh?!