Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Exercise Accountability-- Post your progress!!!

Yea Momofateen! The weight will really come off of you, exercising on your days off.

I did another episode of Denise Austin (on Lifetime in the morning) yesterday, and then I danced a little with The Wiggles! I have lost 2 lbs. of the 5 I gained when I was not exercising at all. It's fun to see the number go down instead of up!! I also have more energy already.

Yesterday, I put on a spandex top and shorts-- wow was that motivation-- every bulge was staring me in the face all morning. I highly recommend spandex for motivation.

That's great you lost 2 lbs of the 5 that you had gained. BravoKeep up the Good Work:D I will remember about the spandex. Even the dancing with the wiggles helps alot too. Well I'm on my way to biking today then I'll go to work later. See you ladies later.

Momofateen

I did my bike run. Boy it wasn't easy it was hot and humid and I have asthma. So anyone with asthma make sure you take your inhale about 20 min before you ride your bike and take water. Make sure that you rest frequently especially when the temperature are in the extremes. If you have'nt rode your bike in a while like me rest as often as you feel necessary. After you have been riding for a while the rest breaks will less and less until you are riding with no breaks but once again it takes time at least you did something as oppose to nothing. Take water with you but drink a little at a time on the hot days. Well I hope this helps those who suffer with asthma.

Momofateen

I did my 1mi walk. Boy you can always tell when you haven't been working out. I got up a good sweat. We have trails in Minnesota where you can walk thru the parks. I watched the squirrels climbed the trees. Spoke to the other walkers. This is good for your mind body and soul. This week went good. YEA!!!!!!

Momofateen

Momofateen, you are on fire, girlfriend!!!!!! You're so inspiring to me-- keep posting!!! I did Denise Austin yesterday, but not today. I went out to eat and ate a fattening creamy pasta. :) The working out is getting easier, and I am finding I feel more refreshed in the morning than before!

Daisy,

As long as you do something. Dont let that pasta sit on you. Pasta is starch and you know starch turns into sugar and you know what sugar is calories. But it is easy to workoff. I think you said you do the wiggles with your kids. Or go outside and play with the kids. See if you can out wiggle or play them kids can work you out. Like Nike says "Just do something" You will feel better. You inspire me as well. Let's keep this going.

Momofateen

Something I used to do, if I was watching TV, is during commercial breaks, I would get down on the ground and do some crunches. And switch out with push ups.

Pushups and crunches; that gives me the idea to set a number to do everyday! I can only do about 5 pushups, but it's better than nothing. Thanks!

Momofateen-- I wasn't going to exercise today at all but I think you just convinced me. :)

You can get about 100 crunches done in about 3 minutes, if that. They are faster than sit ups, and when you do the right elbow to the left leg, it helps get rid of those infamous love handles.

Daisy,

Thank you, you make me feel good because we are here to support each other. I have lost weight before and let me tell you it made my marriage alot better. Not only that FIRST of all it made me feel alot better to put on those clothes that you thought you would never put wear again. This time I'm going to adjust my workouts to my work schedule and not let those pounds easy up on me. We are Winners In Christ.

Momofateen

Ok Ladies,

I had to take our computer in for some work to be done on it, and it is not done yet!!!!:eek::mad: So I had to come to the library to use one of thiers!!!:( So I have done a 10 mile bike ride since I last posted and I ran 2 miles in the heat and humidity yesterday am. Talk about sweating like a hog!!!!! ;) i am working all weekend up at the barn so there is a lot of wlaking involved but I am going to run tomorrow, probably a 5k. So have the deodarant and baby powder ready!!!! LOL;) Souonds like you all are doing wonderful and keeping up w/ it. You GO GIRLS. Also to replace the regualr pasta - try whole wheat!!! we love it at our house. Have a great weekeknd!!!!

Stacey

Mama5k,

You Go Girl. Monday I will be back at it again. You are doing a FANSTATIC JOB. Keep us posted because you give us more energy to do our workouts. Thanks for the post and update.

Momofateen

Woohoo Stacey-- you're a real inspiration. I feel like your message is just going to run right off the page. Haha. I walked quite a bit today while carrying my 30lb. boy trying to get him to sleep! That's gotta count for something!

I do have whole wheat pasta at home and like it. I was in a restaurant when I got that fattening pasta dish I mentioned. Restaurants are another weak spot for me!

Hey Mama5k,

I will have to try the wheat pasta.

Daisy BRAVO you did alot. Do you know that when your child is asleep his weight is about 60 lbs. Because when they are woke they hold themselves up, but sleep they don't. Sometimes you can ask them if they serve wheat pasta in stead of the regular. I try not to do restaurants but when I do I go Subway's if it's a burger place I only get chicken hopefully charbroiled. Hope this help too.

Momofateen

Today, did some Denise Austen and ran around like a toddler with my toddler. :)

You Go Daisy!!!!!!

I got to due my 2mi walk. I got hung up today making a baby card and present for someone but I doing my 2mi walk. Will post when done.

Momofateen

TaDaaaaaaaa. Whew I did 2mi In Home Walk. Sweating like a horse after the race has been WON!!!!!!!!! We can do all things in Christ who strenghten us. YEAAAAAAAA!!!!

MOMOFATEEN

I had a great workout today! I did a small 15 minute Denise Austin "walk & tone" workout with weights. Then I popped in the Leslie Sansone "Walk & Kick" DVD and boy did I sweat!!! (I would highly recommend it!) It was SO GREAT! I'm very encouraged. It's great to hear yall's progress, too! I bought a dance workout video.... so, we'll see if maybe I can conquer that tomorrow!

All right. I need to rev up my metabolism too. I've gained some extra pounds. Mon and Tues this week I have exercised for 10-15 minutes in the morning and walked each evening around the park for 30 min.

I've been cutting way back on junk food.