Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Exercise Accountability-- Post your progress!!!

Okay, just got home from work and did my mini workout YAAAAAAAAAHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Ladies I think we got something going on HERE!!!!!!!

Momofateen

Good3Mom and Joyful Mama: woohoo for you and thanks for posting!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Joyful Mama, Denise Austin is the backbone of my working out and I feel it working!

Momofateen-- you are such a goal setter-- very inspiring. :D :D

RMW- welcome and good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those few minutes in the morning will add up!!

I'm having the amazing effect of needing less sleep. I get up so energized, even if my toddler has woken me up in the middle of the night.

Prevention magazine also has workout DVDs that I would recommend to you ladies! The one I have is great! I have the Ultimate Walking Workout and did the Regular walking workout today. It was great! I decided to hold off on the dancing since I think I almost woke up my DD doing it last time! :)

I like Denise Austin's workouts, but she is sometimes a bit too cheesy to me! I guess they all have to be, though, to keep up entertained! :)

Well ladies, first day of obstacles.

1. Went to work and it was my day off.:(

2. Came back home and wanted to ride my bike and there was construction:eek:

3. Got home and got into my hobbies:p

4. Had some family problems:rolleyes:

5. Didn't ride my bike but I did 2mi In Home WalkThank You Jesus I at least did something. Yepppppppppppyyyyyyy

Momofateen

Momofateen,

I've had days like that. I'm glad you were persistent to get in some exercise. Good going!

==================

I did my morning exercises, but didn't do my evening walk since it's Wednesday. We had evening church. So far I've lost a couple of pounds by increasing my activity and lowering my calorie intake. I'm encourage! :rolleyes:

Good for you RMW. I love this thread because just when you come in from work and think let me sit down and read some post there is a positive post about weight lost. I love this post. BRAVO-RMW Christ gives us the victory!!!!

Momofateen

Doesn't it sometimes feel so hard to do a small task just for you. I too walked yesterday night at 10:00pm. I am very proud of the efforts!!

Momofateen,

Yes, Christ does give the victory!!! And it's a sweet experience to share with other Christian moms. For me, it is extremely difficult to fork out energy to do things as well as weight loss. My thyroid condition has become more and more severe. I now have some swelling and choking sensation around my neck. My joints hurt to do exercise, but I know it's good to keep going. Although exercise hurts sometimes, it actually helps to give me more energy throughout the day.

good3mom,

I'm proud of your efforts too. It surely is hard to fit in time to do the little things for ourselves. :rolleyes:

I have a question? Does anyone suffer with edema it is swelling around the ankles and legs. I had it ever since I gave birth to my daughter and son. Some say it's post toxseemia(may have spelled it wrong) when women get pregnant with baby and ankles and legs swell. Next question does anyone know whats good for it. Doctors always say prop your feet up I do that but they still swell when standing too long or sitting too long. Excercise helps but I can't wear shoes or sandals because my feet my swell. Is there anyone who suffers with this?

Momofateen

I just did my miniworkout. Hey whats everybody doing????? Hope you are not sitting the couch ladies. I can do all things thru Christ which strengthens me.

Momofateen

Ok ladies,

The computer has been sent to GEEK SQUAD CITY in Kentucky!!!!:eek::o:p So I am at the library using theirs!!! Oh how I miss my computer and keeping up w/ everyone here!!!:D I have been walking, but it has been hard to run this week w/ the humidity being so high!!! But I will be out running tomorrow am because we have a 5k race next weekend!! From what I have read you girls are a rockin group of chicks!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. I will be checking in next week sometime and opefully will have the computer back next weekend!!!:eek::mad::(:confused::rolleyes:

So have a great weekend ladies!!!

Stacey:D

I am so proud of myself. I exercised 4 days this week!! WOO HOO! It has really helped my mood and raised my self-esteem. I have about 20 lbs to go!:D

Good for you Joyfulmama. I got to workout today and then I rest on the weekend. Will post later after my workout.

Momofateen

Well ladies,

More obstacles and emotions:confused: :eek::(But I did 2mi in home walk instead of walking outside. Praise be to God!!!!!!!;)

Momofateen

Well, I exercised Mon-Saturday every morning. Walked Mon. Tues, Thur, and Friday evening at the park each day for 30 min. I, too, am feeling so much better.

Great job to all you ladies, too, for your efforts to exercise!!! Way to go!!!

Thanks, ladies, for making me remember to get my butt in gear tomorrow!

Well Ladies,

Here it is 3 weeks now and boy sure doesn't seem like it and more obstacles.:o I will confess I didn't do my 2 mi walk yesterday.:eek: I got caught up in my home business and got off from doing my workout. :confused: So I said "Today I will have to do my mini-workout but the Lord said do your 2mi instead and that way you won't have missed out on too much of your workout.:D So thats what I did my 2mi workout instead of my mini-workout. I would rather miss my mini-workout than my 2mi workout. I guess the biggest thing is to admit what you didn't do and then move on. Yesterday is gone but today is always here. So don't worry about yesterday just do what you can today!

Daisy did you get yourself in gear? Don't give up I'm praying for you my sister.

Momofateen

Yaaahoooooooo I did it. I got on my bike today and I rode my mi.:D Fewer breaks and a lot more sweating. I feel Great!!!!!!!!!

Momofateen

Momofateen,

Good going!!!!!! Glad you're so motivated. I have done my daily morning exercise routine every morning (Mon-Wed.) so far. But, I could kick myself because I, too, got busy with my home business on Mon. evening and didn't leave my desk to go walking. I was irriated at myself all day Tues. Well, I felt really great on Tuesday evening after walking at the park.

I'm a little discouraged because for about three weeks I have done very well at watching the amount that I eat and also eating healthier (love salads!!!), I've been exercising, but the scale is just plain stuck in place now. I'm realizing that I need to forget about "numbers" and just continue living healthier like I'm doing because I really am feeling so much better.

Amen and Bravo for RMW. Those home business can really get alot of your time. Huh;) One minute can turn into 3 hours in no time.:( But once you get your workout your day feels alot better and you sleep better too. Oh yea got into some pants of mine that were too small. Now I got into them but there is still little room to move in but I got them zipped up. I'm on my way.......Momofateen:D

One minute can turn into 3 hours in no time

Isn't that the truth!!! I cannot believe how time flies when I'm working away. But you are definitely right...if you get out an exercise a little, it really gives you a great boost of energy and self esteem.

Let's keep walking and exercising!!! :D

Daisy,

Where are you? We haven't heard about your workout week. It's okay if you didn't do your workout like you suppose too. It happens to everybody. Just pick it off where you left off. We missin you on the weight loss post.

Momofateen

Well ladies,

I got my 2mi walk in yesterday but barrrrrelllllly:o got so tied up with my home business then doing my chores that I almost didn't do it. Now I must confess that I didn't do my outdoor walk like I was suppose too.:eek: But I did the 2mi walk instead:D plus I have to get caught up on my house cleaning. :( Then I work outside my home:rolleyes: Lord give us the strengten to get the things done that we need to do because in Your Word you say that:Proverbs 31:10-31 10Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

31Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

We thank you and lifted because all blessing come from YOU In Jesus Name we pray Amen.

I'm plucking away. Did my daily exercise and walk yesterday. I'm planning for a walk this evening.