Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Exercise Accountability-- Post your progress!!!

Ok Ladies,

I am still around and still using the library computer until ours comes back!!!!

Soon I hope!!! I have been running and keeping up and ran a 5k this past saturday. My time was 36.30 and that was a minute and half off from my last 5k!!! My youngest ran it w/ me and she took 2 minutes off her time and my oldest ran it in 26.06 and that is almost 4 minutes off her time. This was good practice for her bcause her first cross country meet is tonight and she is ready to kick some butt!!!:D

From what I have read you ladies are rockin and rolling. That is totally awesome!!! LOVE IT!!!

Have a God Blessed Week!!

Stacey;)

Hey Everybody,

I'm did my 2mi workout. Had some more obstacles and my emotions were flowing everywhere. Boy satan is busy!!!!:mad: But I found out that when my emotions are pouring out everywhere:( I excercise better than when not.;) I guess when emotions are flowing your adrenialen is flowing as well.:) THIS IS WEEK 4 Yahoooooooooooo

Momofateen

Hey ladies--

I have been exercising, not on my "regular" routine. I have managed to walk about 1.5 miles this week. It's so hot...every morning I get up thinking I am going to walk now. It just hasn't happened. (too lazy to let the bed go :)

Keep me in your prayers.

Just did a 2mi in Home Walk. I know I was suppose to do my bike but got tangle up in my home business and oh well...... looked up and I was suppose to be at work ooooops. Boy time fly's wish it would have taken me to work:)

Momofateen

I've been doing my exercises every morning and my daily evening walks. I'm feeling better, and I finally lost a couple of more pounds. Tonight, I walked quite a bit extra to help relieve some stress that I'm facing. The extra walk time really did the trick.

Hey everyone,

I have to tell you all that I haven't been posting about my workouts this week because I have been sick. :o It started out as a head cold and then turn into my asthma. So maybe next week I will be feeling better that I can get my workout on.:confused:

Momofateen

OK ladies, I haven't exercised much since the kids got back in school. The humidity here was AWFUL and it was hot!!! But the weather has broke and I have the spring back in my step so I am going to start back up tomorrow. The dogs will love it!!! We went on a 10 1/2 mile bike ride today. We have bike trails around so we hauled the bikes and rode. We were certainly blessed w/ a BEAUITFUL day. So have a happy Monday!!

Stacey:D ;):)

running help

HI, I need help and it sounds like there are some good runners here.

I'm out of shape. There, I said it. However, I have this idea in my head that I need to run in our town's 5k next August. The most I've ever run is 2 miles, in college (13 years ago).

I've been "running" for a week now, every night but not far at all; my husband has been great at encouraging me. How can I reach this seemingly unattainable goal? I need to accomplish it (it has something to do with getting my own confidence back) but I'm embarrassed to ask anyone for help. So here I am, asking for help.

Aleigh,

First and foremost, Welcome to the group!!!, Secondly congratulations at your running. It takes baby steps to get there, BUT you will achieve your goal. There is nothing to embrassed about and your goal is not unreachable. I ran my first 5k 2 years ago and I was wearing a 2xl. This year I have finally been able to go to a sporting good store and buy their xl clothes!!! I never ran before that. My husband helped me achieve this goal by being my cheerleader. That is the greatest support to have. Set your goal for your towns 5k is a good goal!!! It is a slow and steady progress. But the most important thing is that you are doing it and you are not sitting around not doing anything. Your are setting a healthy examlpe for your kids. I was a big old couch potato and loved to worry eat, bored eat and just eat. I made up my mind I was gonna do soemthing about it!!! So I did, I now have 2 daughters that run w/ me and my oldest runs varsity cross country for our high school and kicks my butt GOOD!!!:D But that is ok!! You can do this!!! Pm me anytime, I will gladly encourage, try to answer any questions and pray for you .

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Stacey aka mama5k:) :D;)

Stacey, thank you so much. You (and all the other moms out there) and my husband are the only people I've told about this goal, I don't think anyone will believe me and I don't want them to know if I fail. Your encouragement means so much to me, your success is inspiring! This is the first time I've chatted with anyone in a forum like this and I'm so glad I found you.

I'm a big worry eater as well and I like to worry; I worry sometimes if I don't have anything to worry about. I figure I must be forgetting something... I eat when I'm celebrating, eat when I'm bummed out, eat when I'm bored. I'd say I'm about 10 pounds overwieght but I'm working on that.

Did you set regular goals for yourself when you got started? How soon did you start to feel like you were making progress?

aleigh

I haven't did any workout this week either. I'm still wheezing from my asthma and I don't want to trigger it off and make it worst. I'm going for next week I think I will be better. Not as sick as I was last week but taking precautions because of my asthma.

Momofateen

Ladies,

I need help.

At first I was exercising very good. Now, I feel as if it is more important for me to get up early and pray and read the bible. I get up and 5:30 coffee, bible, pray. At 6:30 my girls get up 6,5,3 and we get ready for school and daycare...I am a work outside the home mom.... By the time I get home, homework, dinner, clean up, prepare for the next day, it's 9:00 pm and I'm exhausted. Any ideas of how I can get a workout in?

good3mom,

I, too, have very busy days and just recently started working. (I am teaching at our church's Christian School which requires hours outside of the classroom many times). I have the "10 minute workouts" card set that offers 50 exercise routines to target all key areas of the body (Barnes & Noble) - So, I try doing a quick exercise routine in the morning and still have time to fit in my devotions because I do alot of preparation the night before by having the kids layout their school clothes, belts, shoes so that we're not looking for anything in the morning and also have lunches made the night before and placed in the frig.

I also schedule a time in the evenings on Mon. Tues. Thur. & Fri. to walk at the park for 30 min. I make it a priority because it really reduces the stress and makes me feel better. It also provides me extra strength while I teach the kids all day at school. So, I'm actually accomplishing more by making my exercise a priority.

Anyway, I do hope you find the perfect solution for your situation. We usually seem to accomplish the things that we have highest on our priority list -- so we moms need to make our health a priority.

Good3mom,

First of all you know what your schedule is like. That's great now let's look at when you have free time. First of all when you come home from work and is not the best time for you because you are exhausted from the whole day. Now how about excercising before you get the girls up. Now we know that prayer comes FIRST. So pray and then workout. If you have to do mini workouts then do them like maybe do a 10 minute workout 3 times a day when possible maybe find a good cd where it can go with you. Try to get your workout also with your kids "I mean walking a little more vigorously in the morning when taking them to school." Doing things a little more faster in the morning and parking farther away from your destinations. Find some office excercises you can do as well. That's all I can think of right now. But look through some of the post because there is a lot of information in them too. I hope this helps you.

Momofateen

I'm Well!!!!!!!

Hey Ladies,

I'm back and I just did my 2mi walk. Boy it doesn't take no time to get out of shape. Your body can so easily slip into the lazy mode quickly. I was sick for about 2 weeks. And when I did my workout it seemed like I haven't done anything in a month. I didn't know how fast your body transforms into to lazy mode. Oh well I'm back and strong as I was before. Thanks to My Lord And Sweet Savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Momofateen:)

Momofateen,

Yes, it does seem one's body becomes quite relaxed in a short amount of time. I'm glad to hear that you're up and about and diving in again. Keep going.

I'm still plugging away. I'm feeling stronger and stronger each day.

Making a commitment

I was diagnosed with RA this year. I am still trying to work with my rheumatologist finding the right treatment and I'm almost there. Walking or swimming is his recommended form of exercise for me but I have not been very committed. The heat of summer has been rough. My church has an indoor walking track and I am committing to walk there at least three days next week. I'm not sure how long I can walk but I will try 20-30 minutes. I am trying not to be sedentary...I am on my feet a good bit each day doing volunteer work. I am asking the Lord to help me keep this commitment!

Well ladies,

I did my 2mi walk today Hooorrrrayyy!!!!!:D :D I must confess last night I didn't do my mini workout. :eek: :eek: I came home last night after work and my feet were so sore from standing that I could stand to stand on them not a minute more. :( :( I will still push myself to get back to where I was 2 weeks ago. :D Because I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Momofateen

I'm still plugging away too. I even started walking around the gym at recess time while teaching at school. So, hopefully I'll get even more fit. (Although, I'm dreading the holidays....so many tempting goodies to eat.)