Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Exercise Accountability-- Post your progress!!!

I want to... but I don't. Accountability means I have to do something. God is doing such a tremendous work in my life right now, walking me towards maturity in him where I am really starting to work as though for the Lord in my homemaking... but I am prepetually scared to add more to my plate. Lord, I want to believe... help me in my unbelief. Ladies, pray that the spirit will move in me regarding making exercise for me and the kids more of a priority.

Work Out Time

Hey Everyone,

I'm have moved to Missouri. Now that I'm getting settled in my new home I was wonder if anyone would be interested in doing Excercise Accountability again. Yes once again I need to shed off some pounds and the summer is a great way to rid those pounds we pack on in the winter time. Anyone interested?

I haven't logged in here for quite awhile, but want to say that I have been exercising several days a week and trying to eat healthy. I am actually seeing progress and feeling much better.

I'm all for it. I need to lose some baby weight lol. My biggest problem is my stomach muscles are kinda slack now. Does anyone know any excercises that can help this. I do crunches and sit ups all the time.

Jamesmommy, I just got a Bender Ball and I love it, so far. I've only had it for a week or so, so it's still too soon to be seeing any results, but it is REALLY helping me work my abs! With the bender ball, you have a better range of motion and you can actually see results with less repetitions than doing standard crunches. I like the workout a lot. My hubby ordered it online for like $12 or so and it comes with a DVD to show you some exercises to do with the ball. (There is also a bun & thigh workout on there that is awesome). Its not too expensive, so it was definitely worth a try for me!

Good luck!!

P.S. Momofateen, I'd be willing to have some accountability in my workouts if anyone else wants to join. I'm determined to be back in shape by swimsuit season! :) I want to lose 10-15 pounds in the next 3-4 months which should be do-able!

Is anyone else going to join?

I'll check out the bender ball. I have seen it on TV before. I'm with you all I want to lose a few pounds before spring.

I would like to stretch more often. I have a fitness magazine that gives you 5 stretching exercises before you go to bed. I would like to do that more often. I will start today!

Simply keep everyone updated on your progress. You can give some recipes or some interesting articles too. Share anything that is healthy for everyone. But let us know if you are being accountable for your weight loss. If you have messed up and are feeling low we will be here to bring you up. We encourage each other.

I'm watching what I eat. I trying to get excercise in but it has been difficult. I make sure I hit the stairs at work. I don't park close to place I go to so I can walk. I just have to fit in my workout. Maybe someone can tell me how they fit in their workout schedule with their work schedule.

It's hard to fit in a workout when you work during the day & have things to do at home in the evenings. I am NOT a morning person, but I have started getting up 30-40 minutes earlier than normal to get on the treadmill or do a quick DVD workout before I have to get ready for work. I tried fitting a workout in the evenings, but that just wasn't working for me. By the time I got home from work, made dinner, took care of Bryson and spent some time with my hubby, it was time for bed and I was too tired to work out. Doing it in the morning seems to work better.

I also try to take the stairs at work whenever I can. I work on the third floor, so I have about 64 steps from the bottom floor up to my floor. If I do that 2-3 times a day, I feel good! I also don't park too close when I drive somewhere. I try to park out a little way so I can walk some more.

Little things like this really add up by the end of the day! (Plus, carrying around my 6 month old and playing with him in the evenings is giving my arms a good workout because he's getting heavier all the time! :) )

Thanks for the encouragement. I will use some of your suggestions. Lets take our goals one day at a time everyone.

wow its really great for you. even I'd like to get at least 10 minute workouts this week.

I'm back with the weight loss program again. I did the 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone today. Doesn't take any time to get out of shape.:mad:

:)What I'm doing stacyluv4u is walking outside three days. Then I'm doin the 2mi walk the other three days. So that I don't get bored either. Hang in there

I walked outside today. And III LLLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDD IIIITTT!!! It took my mp3 player pedometer and walked around where I lived and I did 1.52 mi. And do you want to know what was so amazing about it. I was only supposed to do 1mi and did 1.52mi it didn't even feel like 30 minutes. Who else is out there sweating off those pounds?????

I walked outside again today!!!!!!!!! Legs were a little sore from yesterday. I think I need some stretching excercise before I go out thats doesn't take up too much time. But I did 1.61mi today just in my parking lot. So I was thinking:confused: while I was out why do we have to go around a track to workout or to the YMCA when we have blocks or parking lots to walk around. You don't have to drive and waste gas or pay a membership;) Go out get a pedometer and get started you will love yourself in the long run....SOOOO GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING TODAY. AND BE BLESSED LOVE YA

Todays scripture:Proverbs 18:9 One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys

I walk again and I did 1.62mi it hurt a little bit in one leg but the sorness is going away. I know that God doesn't want me to be lazy. And working out is a good benefit. Todays scripture:Proverbs:15 Laziness brings on deep sleep, and the shiftless man goes hungry.

I am in, this is an area God has been dealing with me about. I am leaving now to walk to pick up my daughter and her friend from school instead of the usual drive! It should be about a 30 minute walk there and back. It is a bright sunny day and my son refuses to nap so I might as well.

The walk yesterday was so good I am going to do it again today! It is a good 40 minute walk and I do not feel overly tired after wards like when I tried to do a workout DVD every day a few months ago, that didn't last longer than about 2 1/2 weeks b/c I was so tired the house was a mess, I had no energy left to clean up. The walk did not do that I felt a little tired but also refreshed.