Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

Exercise Accountability-- Post your progress!!!

Great DiamondRing! I had a setback today well...... sort of. I didn't get to do my 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone this morning because I had to go with my daughter to see about her car at 8:00 am. But when I got home I did it so today I did 2mi. Praise The Lord being able to workout:):)

Todays Scripture Hebrews 6:12

12We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

I did my 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone this morning yea!!!! Now I can get on with my day. Thank You Jesus for giving me the strenght.

Scripture For Today Proverbs 26:13-16

13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road,

a fierce lion roaming the streets!"

14 As a door turns on its hinges,

so a sluggard turns on his bed.

15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish;

he is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth.

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes

than seven men who answer discreetly.

Have a blessed day and do something!!!!!

I walked the girls to school this morning! I have never walked them in the morning, always drove, way too EARLY FOR ME! But I did it! Now I will try to do afternoon too. I have no excuse of weather the rainy season for the Northwest seems to over, I can Praise God for that! yesterday I did walk in afternoon but it was hot and I made mistake of wearing jeans, so I was trying to keep a cheerful countenance but as my husband says, I act like a princess I always want to be comfortable so I was irritated by the heat. But we cooled off in the pool (at our apartment complex) when we got home and will do so again today if the weather holds out for us.

I got to do my 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone. But once again obsticles got in my way. Had to take the car to be service mine this time. Then had to do some shopping. When I got home I really want to do 2mi but my mind while doing 2mi wondered into everything else I need to do. I guess I get impatient:mad: want the 2mi to be over. I think I stay focused in the mornings. But anyway I stuck with it and finished the workout. Worked up a good sweat.:D

Scripture For Today Hebrew 6:12 12We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

I walked outside today it felt good.:) But when I looked at my pedometer it said .61 mi I think it might need some batteries because when I go to reset my pedometer I have to hold down on the buttons for a little while before it resets. I don't think it picked up all my steps. I went the same amount of time and the same laps. And I worked up a sweat as well. Or maybe it was humidity heat slowed me down today. But like the saying goes I did something today:D

Todays Scripture: Proverbs 6:10-11

10 A little sleep, a little slumber,

a little folding of the hands to rest-

11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit

and scarcity like an armed man. [a]

I am going now for my walk to the school and back-I do not want to do it, I am very tired from the busy weekend (Slumber-Party) but I am.

No I have decided not to walk to the school but to go on a walk on the nature path (in the opposite direction of the school) later with my family along, the added company and prettier scenery will help distract from the discomfort of my fatigued muscles today.

the week before I got sick i rode my bike 7 miles. It felt awesome. As soon as i get ove rthis double ear infection I will start working out again.

I ended up not walking today, I was tired, my whole family was tired. My son fell asleep right before dinner and did not even eat, my husband said no to a walk when he got home from work, he was planning on eating and going straight to bed and now I am heading to bed also. Tomorrow's another day. I did do vacuuming and 5 loads of laundry today, can that count as exercise? Does the 10 minute walking of the dog before bed count? I'm just kidding I know we make our own goals.

Alright, DaimondRing way to go you are disciplining yourself to a goal. Awesome.:) Heathbar hope to see you post when you are over your ear infection.:) It would be nice if we could all post some scripture about excercise or post some article pertaining to excercise to encourage each other. Thanks:) I did 1.53mi today Yeaaaaaaa. I back on track again. Still humid outside at 9:00am. Don't know why my pedometer was messing up yesterday with its reading did the same laps again:confused: But I didn't give in. Don't give up and don't give in. Yesterday is gone and today is a new day. Get out and do something. Todays Scripture Proverbs 14:23 23 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty

...they have made me a keeper of vineyards, but my own vineyard I have not kept.

Song of Solomon 1:6

How often do I ensure my kids are eating healthy while I myself skip breakfast, munch on some french fries for lunch and grab a soda from the fridge instead of water? How often do I remain awake finishing up the laundry or some such chore while the rest of the family is in bed sleeping? How often have I enjoyed watching my daughter's sports from the sidelines (baseball, basketball and soccer) while sitting on a lawn chair or bleacher?I have left it up to my husband, her teammates and coaches to practice with her since I am not athletically inclined. I've made it a priority over the years to keep those God has given to me to care for in a healthy balance of nutrition, rest and physical activity while I have neglected to keep my own self in balance. It is time for me to include myself in those I am responsible for keeping healthy and well-balanced.

Edited by DiamondRing
Grammatical error

Well today it was raining so I didn't get a chance to go outside and walk. But I did the 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone today. :) If tommorrow is not raining I will swap my 2mi walk day to my outdoor walk. It's always good to have two or more ways to get your workout so when things happen you can still get your workout.;)Todays Scripture Romans 12:11 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

I did my walk this morning! I am planning to walk again this afternoon as well. My goal is once/day but if I can do extra it is good, then I won't feel as bad on day's like Monday when I did not do anything.

Today it was sunny YYYEEEAAA:D So I did my outside walk I did 1.74mi:D Did anyone see last night this show called I want to save your life? This guy is a diet detective and he goes around helping people to get in shape. Even though I'm not about diets because I feel that you have to make this your lifestyle. He still had some good suggestion. While this one lady on the show was overweight. I couldn't help but think about how she eats. She doesn't eat breakfast and she snacks alot. I really use to be like this woman and I thought by not eating breakfast that I wouldn't gain to much weight. But I was wrong. You need breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are very important and they keep you from snacking alot.

Todays Scripture

Proverbs 20:13 13 Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare

I did my 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone. Yeaaa! Feels good to be active and excercise. Allows you time to think. Todays Scripture Isaiah 56:10-11 10 Israel's watchmen are blind,

they all lack knowledge;

they are all mute dogs,

they cannot bark;

they lie around and dream,

they love to sleep.

11 They are dogs with mighty appetites;

they never have enough.

They are shepherds who lack understanding;

they all turn to their own way,

each seeks his own gain.

I did my 2mi walk with Leslie Sandsone. It's getting easier and easier to do these workouts. Sunday I rest as God did during creation. I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. God is Great. Todays Scripture:Mark 14:32-41 32They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray." 33He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. 34"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch."

35Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36"Abba,[e] Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

37Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Simon," he said to Peter, "are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour? 38Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Let us not be like the disciples at Gethsemane

I have a hard time eating breakfast, I am just not hungry in the morning all I want is my coffee! Just wanted to say I did my walk on Friday. I went fishing all day Saturday so I did not walk but I walked today.

I did my outside walk today. Seems like to more I do this the stronger I get. And the faster I walk. Today's Scripture (Discipline) 1 Chronicles 21 10Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

11So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee

12Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

13And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.

14So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.

Monday exercise doesn't work for me b/c I am always so tired from our busy weekends, so I am letting myself have off on Mondays!

I did my outside walk today. Today's Scripture Job 36:10 (King James Version)

10He openeth also their ear to discipline, and commandeth that they return from iniquity

Never should we equate good and lazy together. God doesn't want us to be lazy. Read some of the today's scripture posted. To be tired is one thing because you have done some kind of work. But to be lazy God doesn't like that. Amen

I did a half hour of Worship Dance to an Avalon CD. It involves cardio so I got my heart rate up and lots of stretching as well. By the time I was done I was all hot and dripping in sweat and in need of a shower, so it is a really good workout and it did double duty by being a way to give worship and praise to God today. I couldn't help but be lead into prayer after and now I am showered and fresh and feel very full of energy to get all my housework done today! I feel like shouting Praise The Lord b/c I just feel so alive!

From The Message:

Passage Micah 6:8:

8But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,

what God is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,

be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously—

take God seriously.

Edited by DiamondRing
I forgot to add my verse

I did my walk outside. Yeaaaa! Tried to walk a little faster than what I did the last time. Todays Scripture: Ecclesiastes 5:6 (New International Version)

6 Do not let your mouth lead you into sin. And do not protest to the temple messenger, "My vow was a mistake." Why should God be angry at what you say and destroy the work of your hands?