Sign in to follow this  
Guest happy@home

Ebay

Guest happy@home

Have any of you sold or do you sale items on ebay. I have sold a few things and am looking so sale some more. I was just wondering if anyone had any good selling tips you could give me.

Thanks in advance!

Guest happy@home

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has any tips for me.

Thanks!

Hi Sherry,

I don't sell, but as a buyer I can offer a gripe about a practice that some sellers do. They buy these lists. And these lists have products that are at a warehouse in somewhere like California. The seller pushes the product with confidence in its quality and in reality they don't know what they're selling. Urg.

I've bought a couple of items that I have had to return because they are literally junk. One seller wouldn't offer a refund, but suggested that I resell the product on Ebay. :(

Just hit the estate sales around town and resell what you have in your hand. I appreciate a refund policy, nice pictures, and quick communication.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Love in Christ,

Eileen

Guest happy@home
Hi Sherry,

I don't sell, but as a buyer I can offer a gripe about a practice that some sellers do. They buy these lists. And these lists have products that are at a warehouse in somewhere like California. The seller pushes the product with confidence in its quality and in reality they don't know what they're selling. Urg.

I've bought a couple of items that I have had to return because they are literally junk. One seller wouldn't offer a refund, but suggested that I resell the product on Ebay. :(

Just hit the estate sales around town and resell what you have in your hand. I appreciate a refund policy, nice pictures, and quick communication.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Love in Christ,

Eileen

Wow. I had never heard of people selling items that way. No I don't plan to do that. I am not selling a lot, just some things I have around the house that I think might sell on ebay. Therefore, I know about it and the atmosphere it has been in--smoke & pet free.

I just have had my first experience with a non-paying bidder. Ugh!!!! I'm waiting a little longer to see if they will check the home page and remember to pay.

Thanks for the tips!!

I've never bought or sold but would be curious to hear of your experience because sometimes I think it might be worthwhile to put a few things from around the house on. We usually just send things to the Salvation Army (or whoever is collecting) but for a few larger items like furniture and electronics I start thinking that the money could really be put to use.

I've never bought or sold but would be curious to hear of your experience because sometimes I think it might be worthwhile to put a few things from around the house on. We usually just send things to the Salvation Army (or whoever is collecting) but for a few larger items like furniture and electronics I start thinking that the money could really be put to use.

I've had the same thought. Everything just goes to the Salvation Army pile, but it would be nice to make a few bucks. I guess we would just need to watch the price of shipping so we don't lose money on the packaging and such. Great topic!

Love in Christ

Eileen

Guest happy@home

Well ladies, my bidder came through. I did receive payment, just a little later than I was supposed to.

Some tips from me to you;) They told me in order to sell and get a fair amount of bidders it is best if you start buying some items to build up your feedback. That is a big plus for you as a seller. Of course it depends on the item(s) you are selling and how many people want it and how bad they want it:D I sold 4 of the 7 books I had listed. I am trying to sell a few maternity items and some other nice clothes. Kids clothes seem to be a big item on ebay. I am picky at how much I spend because I include the shipping cost into the amount I am willing to pay for an outfit. If someone has a shipping charge of $7 or higher it decreases the amount I am willing to bid for the item especially if it is a little dress. I have found some sellers recently who are charging $1.50 to $3.00. That is more reasonable in my opinion for a small dress. I do a flat rate shipping of $5.00 for almost all of my items.

I try to remember to let you know how these clothes sell.

I've done a little selling on Ebay, with mixed success. I think it really depends on what you're selling. Maternity clothes (esp bigger sizes) do well, and some kid's clothes do. A lot of people look for name brands. Sometimes you will do better if you group similar items in a lot.

Make sure you take good pictures and measurements. You can add several pictures to your auction using html or Auctiva.com. That way you don't have to pay the extra money to have Ebay host them. Describe everything as carefully and accurately as possible. Be clear in your terms of sale (like how long they have to pay, return policy, etc). You'll probably need to accept PayPal if you don't already, since most people like to pay that way. I found that most things did better with auction vs "buy it now." I guess people prefer to bid!

Oh, and you can search completed items similar to what you're selling to get an idea of what price they should sell for.

Hope that helps!