Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

Fraudulent PMs

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware not to fall for internet scams (one of which attempted to contact me through a christianmom PM today) that promise you a cut of a large sum of money for simply "helping" claim the money by opening an account or whatever they want you to do.

I got one too. We know God is a open God not one to secretiveness. So I will show you the scam letter.

Dear Friend,

I feel quite safe and satisfy dealing with you in this charity project. Though,

this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it

because it still remains the fastest,surest and most secured medium of

communication. However, this correspondence is purely private, and it should be

treated as such,As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me,because,

I know everyone will die someday.My name is Mr. R Salli a merchant in Dubai, in

the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms

of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live,

according to doctor.I have not lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone

(not even myself) but my business.Though I am very rich, I was never Generous, I

was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the

only thing I cared for.But now I regret all this, as I now know that there is

more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world.I have

decided to give alms to charity organizations,as I want this the last good deed

I do on earth.So far, I have distributed money to some charity

organizations in asia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do

this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close all my accounts

and sell off all my properties and distribute the money to charity organizations

and keep only a certain % to themselves but they refused and with aid of my

lawyer they kept the money to themselves.

Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I

have left for them.

The last of my money which no one knows of is a cash deposit of $5,000,000 that I have with a

finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit

and dispatch it to charity organizations.I have set aside 10% for your timepls

send your reply to my direct email charity4work@yahoo.com.br

God be with you.

sall

This is a scam. This is a Christianmom website why is this man is registered to it. He not using his screename. He or she must be using a fake name. Don't feel sorry for these type of people. But expose them for who they are. Con-artist

Momofateen

Glad to see this up here.

I really thought the guy singled me out. I was suspiscious, but really wondering as well. It's hard for me to believe people would go to such lengths.

Thanks Laurie and Momofateen

I got one too and sent a PM to the administrator of this sight.

I hope he or she has been restricted from this sight!

You know, it's just the way of the online world. People can sign up and send out a message and then dissapear. Someone sent me a message a few weeks ago about how I should convert to Budhism (sp?). I politely wrote back to this person and explained why salvation through Jesus Christ ROCKS!!! But of course I never heard from them again.

I see it a lot on the working moms board too. People will sign up and then advertise their work scam and then dissapear. Try not to let it bother you too much. Show the love ;)

Have a GREAT weekend!!