Sign in to follow this  
Toymom

my daugher is sick and the heater is out

My oldest dd has been running fever since Sunday and I took her to the dr tues and got antibiotic, but I don't think it is working - she had 105 fever on Wed. night and she still has fever and a bad cough. I took her to the dr again this morning and they drew blood to try to find out what is going on. The reg dr is out of town and she saw a sub who I don't trust as much as our regular doc.

Our weather had been warm and above normal for weeks and it got cold last night and now the heaters won't kick on and my husband works an hour away and I don't know how to check things and the heater people will try to be here by around 3 pm or so and it is 62 degrees upstairs and it says 67 downstairs but does not feel any warmer and we got a new heat/a/c unit this summer but something stopped working a month or so ago and my husband thinks maybe they turned off the pilot lights when they were working on it then - I don't know, but it is cold and my daughter has fever and is coughing and please pray.

Lord, you know the agony of this mommy's heart as she is unable to make her baby better. Please place your hand upon this child and bring healing. As we wait upon you for that healing, please bring knowledge of what exactly is going on so as to ease the worries. Father, you care so deeply for this mom and this daughter and we know that you do not allow even the smallest suffering without good cause - please let this illness be a time for them to draw near to you, be still and know that you are God, and witness the glory of your name.

Well, thank you for your prayers, we got the blood test results and my daughter has a virus.

It is not mono or strep or pneumonia, but a virus.

So, she is to keep taking amoxicillin to prevent a secondary infection and will just get better when it ends. Tonight her temp went back up to 103. :(

I had the heater repair guy out and he got the downstairs heater going but not the upstairs one and he charged a lot of money and I have to have another company come out to look at the upstairs unit tomorrow. The kids sleep upstairs. But heat rises and it won't be as cold tonight so we will see how it goes.

Father we pray for healing in this little child.

Father we pray for wisdom for Toymom

Father we pray for strenthen in the body

Father we ask for the fever to go down and to remain normal.

Father we pray this prayer in Jesus name. AMen.

Thank you, luckily the weather has warmed back up and won't be cold again until Wed. and we should get the heater repaired before then.

My daughter is still sick - she had 102 last night and woke with a temp.

This is now one week that she has run fever.

She feels awful and I feel bad that I can't do anything to help.

And this morning - my son says he does not feel well. :(

So, my youngest daughter and my husband are at church and I am home with my sick daughter and my son who does not have a temp and I hope he does not get one but he says his head hurts and he is nauseus.

He does share my allergies and I was congested last night and woke with a headache so perhaps there is something in the air that is affecting both of us.

I hope he is not getting my daughter's virus.

I took my daughter and got a chest x-ray this morning and she has pneumonia. :( I wish we would have found this out last week so she could have been treated properly for it.

I hope my son does not wind up with pneumonia too.

The heater repair man is supposed to be here this afternoon.

Father God, we lift up Toymom's dd to you Lord....we ask in the Name of Jesus that you will touch this child's body and bring her complete healing!

Thank you Father.

In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

no more fever!

thank you for your prayers! with the right anti-biotic, my daughter no longer has a fever! :D

Our heater got fixed and it is cold and we are warm.

The Lord is wonderful!

I just thought I would mention this but Antibotics don't work against viruses because the virus gets into your own body cells and hides there. I have been learning all about this in a course I have been doing. I do know that using too much antiobotics in a childs body often become useless. Taken proper precautions in general hygiene, balanced diet, staying away from sick children, really eating well, exercising, staying away from heaters using blankets allergy free to keep warm. Air conditioners and heaters can make you sick as well as using chemicals in the house, all of these can affect our children. I don't use a heater or air con, I use natural products to clean, it works, making sure our kids keep healthy, cleaning hands etc. Hope this helps, stay healthy and don't forget to breath the fresh air outside and let some light into the house, keep in clean, no clutter,no chemicals or heaters etc. Good luck and God is looking out for you keep him close. AML

My oldest dd has been running fever since Sunday and I took her to the dr tues and got antibiotic, but I don't think it is working - she had 105 fever on Wed. night and she still has fever and a bad cough. I took her to the dr again this morning and they drew blood to try to find out what is going on. The reg dr is out of town and she saw a sub who I don't trust as much as our regular doc.

Our weather had been warm and above normal for weeks and it got cold last night and now the heaters won't kick on and my husband works an hour away and I don't know how to check things and the heater people will try to be here by around 3 pm or so and it is 62 degrees upstairs and it says 67 downstairs but does not feel any warmer and we got a new heat/a/c unit this summer but something stopped working a month or so ago and my husband thinks maybe they turned off the pilot lights when they were working on it then - I don't know, but it is cold and my daughter has fever and is coughing and please pray.

how is everything going?