Sign in to follow this  
mommy2liddy

Praise for an appreciative husband

I just had to share this because it's so sweet. First off, I'll say that I've been very stressed out lately. Lydia's been struggling with school academically and behaviorally (is that even a word? oh well). Michael's been experiencing separation anxiety. I guess because I've been working late a lot lately and he doesn't spend much time with me. Also, hubby's been working like crazy lately, too. We don't see him much right now and I haven't gotten as much help from him as I'm used to. My job has been a consistent stressor - we're in our busy season and they're really pushing us. It has definitely gotten to me. Also, with dh going to college, I've been trying to help him with his reports, etc. I've just been overwhelmed with everything. Anyway, on Friday of last week, I got a call from our receptionist downstairs. She told me I had a delivery. I immediately thought that it must be something from dh, but wouldn't allow myself to think it was flowers, because I didn't want to be disappointed. I didn't know what else it could be though. I got downstairs as quickly as I could although the elevators in this building are slow and weren't in any rush. I get downstairs to the receptionist's desk and there are a dozen roses (six pink, six red) and two balloons on her desk. I thought, "no, not for me, don't get disappointed!!!" Then she said, You're Danielle? I said, yes. She said these are for you. I was so excited and suprised. The card said 'Thanks for all the hard work and I always love you, Billy.' It was so sweet. All the girls here at work were impressed, especially when they found out that it was not a special occasion - it was just because I had been stressed lately. It meant so much to me to know that he appreciates all that I do. It has helped me especially at work to stay motivated and realize why I am doing all of this. Just wanted to share with y'all...

:D Cool!! It's the space between the daily life, like these little moments that should define our lives and relationship. Danielle, I like the way yours is looking!!!

Congrats!!

Awww. that's so sweet. You'll have to take a photo of the flowers and stick it in a place where you can remember how loved you are on the days when you're not feeling it so vividly.