Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

New strategy for controlling portion sizes

If you are someone who already exhibits wisdom in your serving sizes or needs to eat more, ignore this post - it might distract you from your proper goal.

I had a thought the other day that has been helpful. As I load up my plate I take just an instant to reflect on the physical size of my stomach. It is considerably smaller than the plates I usually use and the idea of forcing it to stretch to such extents is unappealing. In a resting, empty position, my understanding is that the stomach is only about the size of my fist. I know that it is designed to stretch but stopping and considering it's size has been helpful in reducing my serving sizes. I hope this can be helpful to others.

studies show that girls that drink milk lost more weight than girls that didnt. can someone explain this?

Thanks girls.

Wendy, Im not sure I dont have scale but last time I had weighed myself I only lost 5 more lbs

It's amazing how much the stomach can expand, it's only meant to hold about a quart of food. Lord knows I could use less on my plate most the time.

I serve myself a goodly portion of food at each meal, then leave a third.I call this last third of the meal portion.... 'Income tax'Sure enough as soon as I've finished, incomes Tax, wags his tail and eats the rest in a jiffy.