Sign in to follow this  
Jan A

Loven the Lord in O.C.

I was raised in a home with a Church going Mom and a stay home on Sunday Dad. I was baptized at 8 years old, but didn't really come to know Christ until 10 years later. Ironically, though i had co-founded a Christian Club on my public High School campus during my Sr. year, it was this same year that I really came to question my faith for the first time. Though everything I said and did still "seemed Christian", my Uncle Scott saw through my facade and brought me back the the Lord just 2 days before he passed away.

About 2 years later I started dating my now husband that I had met through church. At the time we started dating I asked a lot about what he believed and his level of faith. I was IN LOVE... and then about 4 1/2 years into our dating relationship, he declared he wasn't certain of his beliefs anymore. I was devastated! I prayed and prayed about what to do. I really loved him, but knew that I shouldn't marry someone unequally yoked to myself. Then I'd thought "Well what if we had been the couple that married the moment we were in love? Would I leave him because of this?" and I found my answer "1Cor 7:13 And if a Christian woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he is willing to continue living with her, she must not leave him. 14 For the Christian wife brings holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband brings holiness to his marriage. Otherwise, your children would not have a godly influence, but now they are set apart for him. 16 You wives must remember that your husbands might be converted because of you. And you husbands must remember that your wives might be converted because of you." I realized that I would not have left him, nor SHOULD I have left him. about 2 years later we FINALLY got married.

13 months and 1 day later, our DS was born. When DS turned 12 months, we stopped preventing. When he was 17 months we actually started trying to conceive #2. We are now at 19 months of trying, and 5 months of IF assistance.

I am hoping that there are other Mom's here that can relate to my life's journey so far. I pray that this will be a place to find spiritual growth and support. Thank you for reading my intro; I know it was a bit long and ramblely.

Hi neighbor! I just moved out of OC before the birth of my daughter... just under two years now. We're only one freeway exit outside OC though so my husband's commute is actually no worse than it was before. I pray that christianmom will be a place where you can find encouragement in your walk with our Lord.

Glad to know that there are at least a couple of us from So Cal! Blessings!

Search your heart

Welcome,

To this place where we are happy to support you in fellowship.

I can't relate to your story, however wanted to give you a warm welcome.

I pray that you can be find this place a safe place to talk with other Christian moms.

Welcome to the site.

We look forward to the fellowship.

Hi Jan,

I just saw your post~ I can relate to your story ... and say that my Hubby has come to know the lord. God is good and I thank you for sharing your story!!! Hope to see you on the boards~

blessings,

dawn