Sign in to follow this  
Jan A

Infertility Sites

As you may know from reading my bio, I am currently experiencing SI (Secondary Infertility). I have been blessed to find 2 IF (Infertility) sites that are Christian based. One is about to move, but is a promising young site preparing to offer support to both men and women seeking Christian support as they experience IF. The other is a highly established site, founded by the other of the book "Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage and Adoption Loss"- Jennifer Saake.

Both offer support to people in all stages on IF, including new to IF, long term, Adoption/Foster, ARTS, TTC Naturally, TTC after loss, and many others. (TTC is Trying to Conceive.)

The young site (where I MOD the SI and Mommyhood forums) is http://z15.invisionfree.com/ChristianIF/index.php?act=idx

The other is http://hannahsprayer.org/board

As much as I pray that someone here will find solace and reassurance in finding these sites, I pray more that NONE OF YOU ever really need to find a site like these. IF is a miserable path to travel. Did you know that the stress infertility places on a family is akin to the stress experienced by cancer patients and their families? Do you know that the emotional process is similar to the grief experienced when a spouse dies? Sad but true!

Please don't take pity, or try to empathize if you have not suffered IF, as most IFers are only further hurt by some of these efforts. Before IF, I didn't realize how insensitive the most genuinely caring remark came across. I do not mean to bring any of you down, only to provide possible support to those that need to feel connected.

My firstborn died at birth and I ended up at hannahsprayer.org - I spent many months there sharing in my grief with other childless moms and it was a real blessing.

Just wanted to second your referral.

Sorry to here of your loss! I can;t imagine the pain of loosing a baby that late. DS was a twin, but I lost the twin at 10 weeks 4 days. I didn't even know there WAS a twin before that. Praying that God uses this part of your path to help someone else.

Praying that God uses this part of your path to help someone else.

Oh wow - God has used my daughter's life way beyond anything I would have hoped or imagined - my own life has been revolutionized and I've received many thanks for sharing my story - our God is an awesome God and He is faithful.

I know that this is an older thread, but I have to agree that Hannah's Prayer is a GREAT site! Very supportive women who really understand the struggle of infertility, whether primary or secondary, and genuinely rejoice with you in your small and large victories.

And, I just wanted to say I'm sorry to Jan A and naejeirual for your struggles and loss. I have been there and it is devastating. (Hugs)

I cannot imagine what you are going through, but I know God has a special place for you. I will pray for you and your husband

I agree

Hannah's Prayer is an excellent site!!!

I was going to post it here too :)

I lost my first pregnancy after being on fertility drugs ten years ago. My friend just lost a baby three months ago and is having a hard time TTC again. I'll have to check out the website. Thanks.