Sign in to follow this  
onehotmama

Blah, Blah, Blah Bloggy Blogs!

I just want to say it is a comfort to come here where, as far as I can tell, no one is pretending. We can come here for encouragement, edification, exhortation, fellowship, whatever.

I've gotten in a bad habit of searching out blogs of Christian women who I feel like share some of my same values and interests. So I've found some good ones and I'm really interested in knowing how Jennifer at "Getting Ahead" spent $25/week for several weeks on groceries for her family of six so she could pay a huge dental bill. I'm really into frugal living and I love that kind of thing.

But if you've gone blog-hopping you know that finding one blog leads you on a maze of sorts where you find yourself visiting other blogs...and, well, it just makes me feel bad about myself. No, I'm not super-organized or efficient, my house isn't super-clean,.....OK, OK, I'm messy and disorganized! I have trouble with arts and crafts and hospitality and cooking fabulous meals from scratch and getting my laundry done! I have very little self-discipline and have trouble sticking to a schedule!

I find myself focused so much on what I can't do and what I haven't accomplished that I get depressed and discouraged. I compare myself to these "super women" and fall short every time. So today I think I'm going to start deleting some of these blogs from my favorites list. I'm going to try to stay focused on who God created me to be and quit the comparison game.

huggggggggg

huggggggggggg

hugggggggggggg.

Your going to be just fine girl..

keep this christian board.

We need you here...

There is a thing as getting over loaded. Let God lead you.

He knows who, and what you need to be ministered to...He knows who needs you to minister to them...

I read your post and thought how easy it is to get caught up in so many things.

But Mary in the bible chose the good thing.

Whatever...wherever...let Jesus be the center.

Just had to speak to you.

Brenda

Onehotmama,

Don't compare yourself to other women You are who you are. A child of Christ and where there is Christ there is beauty. Remember Mary and Martha when Jesus came one of the sisters went to Jesus and didn't help the other cleanup. And the one sister told Jesus that she would'nt help her. And Jesus replied that coming to hear God's Word was more important. Who's house does'nt get messy. Who hasn't been disorganized. Who hasn't done some art and craft that was thrown in the trash. These things are human. Just be who you are listen to your heart. Maybe listening is your better skill, or maybe it's patient, or maybe it's kindness. or maybe discipline. Aren't these the things that God wants us to store up that moth and rust does not corrupt and thieves can't break through. CHRIST LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE. BIG HUGGGGGGGGGGGG

Momofateen

I have to laugh because my thought is simply "you ought to check out my blog" - in my opinion it's anything but a testimony of my "super-ness" I know of the sort of blogs you speak though and they make me crazy. Quite honestly, I don't believe them. That's speaking from my own guilt at falling short but I just know that it's so tempting to share with the world that which makes you feel good about yourself rather than the naked truth... not that the good stuff isn't true but I always find myself thinking, "yeah, and what are they not telling". I shouldn't be so cynical... I'm working on letting that graciousness of God flow through me a little more unencumbered. ;)

OneHotMomma...

I completely understand what you are talking about! I am a new mom to a 6month old, a wife, and an artist that is trying to make a modest attempt at making money from her ability! (So far, I've made about $20 in the last two years... not a great salary!) In addition to things being tight financially and there being a need for some income on my end, I also wanted to try and show my daughter that it is possible to have a solid career and a happy family life. (I, myself, am still wondering if it IS possible, but I want her to have the world when she grows up!)

My husband, who is so supportive in whatever I choose to do, suggested that I create a website and a blog. It was so challenging for me to create a sense of confidence in my ability, but I understand that a client doesn't want someone who says "Well, I think I can do it, but I'm not too sure how good it will come out." Because of that, I handed off the text of the site to my DH. Sometimes even reading it makes my stomach turn! "Who the heck is he talking about?"

As for my blog, at this point, I only have 2 entries because of the VERY reasons that you posted this forum. I look around and think "What on earth is interesting enough for me to write about? What have I done today that is worth someone else's time?" Just as naejeirual's blog isn't a tribute to "Look How Wonderful and Perfect I am" I'm pretty sure that mine is anything BUT that either! I do hope that I can highlight the blessings in my life, but not to the point to make someone else feel badly about their own life! I should have a new post coming in the next day or two, but for now, feel free to take a peek and let me know how it makes you feel. (That's important to me!)

Good luck in search for more inspiring blogs!

Kelly

Yeah I hear ya about the blogosphere. Utterly depressing at times. Although, if you want a laugh, check out my blog. So far, all it has is a cartoon clip I love. LOL!