Sign in to follow this  
vbergman3

I'm broken but want another lil one, is it wrong.

i am a mother of 3 beautiful kids:D . they are 8,7, and 6 years old. the youngest is my son. I also work about 6 hrs a day and have everyother week off. i have been going to church for 1 year and 1 month. my 2 daughters and i got baptized on 7/15/07 and my husband and son got baptized 11/14/07:D . We are very active in church. all of us are.

Now, after i had my sonwas born, my husband and i decided to get my tubes tied. Now i am at a point where i regret it. so I feel i am broken. there are time i feel this desire to have another child. to bare another. it keeps running in my mind and in my heart. I just keep praying to God that if I'm not to have one to take the desire out of my head and heart.

I told my husband what i was feeling and praying last sunday when i was taking a shower because he saw me and asked. he had nothing to say but when we got to church i went to the nursery (i was working in there that morning) and my husband took the kids to bible study. i expected my husband to hang out with some of our friends or even sit in the bible study we normally attend . But he didnt. He came into the nursey with me. was holding one of the babies. he enjoyed it. i made a comment (while the baby was screaming)" dont you miss this.? i know i do." he said your suppose to say that when the baby is quite. I said yah and i m saying it while he is sceaming. I could not believe his reaction. he said i was right.. what does that mean?

Now am i wrong for wanting another child? am i wrong for praying to bare another? am I wrong for asking God to take the desires and longing away if im not to have another. :confused:

what to do, think, etc. i keep praying and i still have baby on the brain.

Let me pray about the answer to this one.

But just know this God will provide

Give you peace when you need it.

Hon, I am on the flip side of this. But I can relate to what you are feeling. I went for 5 years (in my first marriage) with infertility. In my 2nd marriage I told my husband that I may not be able to have children. We put it into gods hands and I believe that is the only reason I have 2 beautiful children today. After my son was born, we both decided that we were done having children, we have a boy and a girl, so we felt complete. I still couldn't convience myself on having a tubal, and opted for an IUD. Fast foward to now and we just had a pregnancy scare. No AF in 2 months, waking up sick in the morning for a few weeks, and an adversion to potatos (just like with the other 2 kids) had us anxious. I bought a test and it was neg. So we are really wondering if we should go ahead and do the tubal. We say yes, because we have talked about financially being able to raise our family and also my health would be a concern since I am diabetic. We are content with the family we have, so I don't understand why I have the uneasy feeling about a tubal. I guess it just makes it all feel so final. I did tell my husband that if God wants us to have another child there ain't no birth control or tubal going to stop it! I am sure that God can help you through this situation. Just keep looking to him for guidance! As women I think we all have that motherly instinct and feel the need to bear children. Even more so when we realize the power of god in our lives.

Take Care,

Melissa

I think it's wonderful that you want more children. I'm sure, though, you are grieving inside about the decision you made. Perhaps, God would like you to channel your interest into some ministry with children.

Of friend of mine wanted more children so badly, but it never happened. She offers here caring services each Sunday morning caring for the babies in the nursery to get her "baby fix" as she calls it. What a blessing she is to our church and the ladies with young ones. You can really see the love she has for all the little ones. I really admire her.

I myself am in the ministery at the church we attend. i work in the nursery everyother sunday and every wednesday. i thought that would help what i feel too. but so far it hasn't. i have been in the nursery for a few month, and this feeling has been going on allot longer. thankyou ladies for your input. I'll keep praying on this subject. thankyou and God Bless

Get with God in a quiet place - pray - fast - really focus your heart on Him - keep asking for as long as it takes to get a full answer... hours, weeks, months. And ask, "Do I want a baby or do I feel called by you to participate in the creation of another human being, submitting my will for Your Will as it pertains to committing myself to the shepherding of this person for the rest of my life? If God gives you a green light response (which He will if He wants you to add another child to your family... He is not a God of timidity), then re-commit yourself to this same deep searching with the question of how He wants you to go about becoming pregnant or filing papers for adoption.

An additional something to consider - this is something I am actively learning right now... about my "hunger" for various things and how often I mistake a hunger for God with a hunger for something else. For me, it's food and idleness... I feel a restlessness with my circumstance and will feed myself actual calories or seek retreat in tv, books, or socializing. But I am learning more about how that "God shaped hole" plays out in the day to day sense of desire. I am learning what it really means to first delight in the Lord and thus receiving the desires of my heart. I don't know at all if this applies in your situation... please don't feel accused... but I just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration and for anyone else reading who might have that same sense of longing for whatever it may be.

My prayers are with you.

Would adoption be an option that your husband would consider? There are so many children in need of a good home, especially one where they would learn about God.

As long as its Gods will, we are open to anything. i know he has a plan and i take it one day at a time. thankyou ladies.

I'm a true believer that everything happens for a reason - that it's all part of God's plan. The decision to have your tubes tied after your son was part of God's plan. You know...you could always adopt? I know there is a difference between having your own child and adopting, but if you really want another child, maybe the thought of adoption should come out. Just a thought. I pray for you and your family and wish you luck with everything!

of course you are not wrong for your feelings:( !

And I let me say. Girl do I totally know what you feel. I too got my tubes tied, and now regret it very much. :eek::( I have two boys who I love dearly and can't begin to imagine my life without them. But I depseratley want to have a little girl now. oooooh, I so know.:( I have had cried many tears to God telling him I am sorry for tieing them. I also have a hernia net in me , so having a baby grow in me would be not such a good thing. Oh I feel your deep longing right along with you and share your regrets. I am seriously thinking of having them revearsed. But dont know if we can afford it.

Again, you are not wrong. Pray the serenity prayer.... it may help with your feelings.

And meanwhile, maybe this is a desire put there by God, have you asked him whether or not He wants you to get them reversed. Or adopt.

I'll be praying for you as I pray for myself!