Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

How many hours of sleep do YOU get?

How many hours of sleep do YOU get?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours of sleep do YOU get?

• Less than 6 hours per night.
    • 6-8 hours per night.
    • More than 8 hours per night.

I'm just wondering how many hours of sleep you get as mom... as care-taker for the household and family... as the Proverbs 31 woman who's light never goes out and who rises before dawn to prepare food for the household. I feel like if I were eating better and exercising, then I could probably get by on less sleep then my body currently craves. How many hours of sleep do you get? Do you feel rested? How is your diet and exercise? Are you an early to bed, early to rise sort - or do you get most of your hours in after midnight?

Naejeirual,

The poll is off to the left of the screen

I try to be in bed by 10:00 and I get up at 5:00.

During the week.

I put between 6 and 8. No, I don't feel rested. Even when I ate well and exercised before I had my child, I didn't feel rested. For some reason, though, I wake up and have a hard time getting back to sleep, so my 6-8 hrs is never all in one shot.

Just thought I'd say, last night I actually got more than eight hours of sleep... I got in bed between 9:15 and 9:30 and then the alarm went off at 6 but I reset it to 6:30 when I went off (slap my hand). I'm still tired today - definitely evidence of a need for more exercise... cause my nutrition has been better recently.

Well...

I *try* to get 8 hours a night. I'm usually in bed around 10 then up by 6. I was attempting to get in the bed by 9 so I could get up at 5 and exercise but that hasn't been working out so great. The Lord has really been speaking to me about exercising and eating healthier. I have also thought that it might cause me to need less sleep. We are gradually moving toward a healthier diet, but I've had a difficult time figuring out the best time of day to exercise. If I do it at night after the kids go to sleep, then I have an energy burst and it's difficult to wind down and get myself to sleep. As far as mornings - it kind of works for me, but there are mornings when I just really can't drag myself out of bed. I want to be consistent with my exercise times. I don't want to keep switching it up. So, my next attempt is to try and exercise as soon as I get home from work at 5:30. The difficulty in this is getting that done and also doing all the other things that need to be done before the kids go to bed. We'll see how it goes. Interesting poll.

Those who get more than 8 hours, how do you manage it? What time do you go to bed and wake up? How old are your children? What time do they go to bed and wake up?

Those who get less than 6 hours, how do you manage it? Are you in a constant state of exhaustion or have you been able to balance the demands of life and the health of your body so that you feel strengthened and equipped for your days?

I usually get about 7 hours of sleep a night. We put our daughter to bed around 8 ,8:30 and soon follow around 9 , 9:30. My husband has a 45 min drive to work so we get up at 4:30. I usually get up with him to get things done before DD gets up around 7:30.

We usually go to bed around 10 or 11 and my husband has to be up at 4:30 for work, so by the time I actually get to sleep I get about 4-5 hours.