Sign in to follow this  
dianna

Weight Watchers

I have been unhappy with my weight for a long time now. Since be fore I was pregnant with my now 19 1/2 mo old daughter. I have been slowly gaining weight and just this week I ended up in the plus size section at Sears. I feel so ashamed of myself. I got home that day and signed up for Weight Watchers online. So far it seems to be going okay. I can already see after only 2 days all the bad eating habits I have acquired and am learning to avoid them. I have never been skinny,but,I would just like to be healthy for my daughter. I hope and pray that I will be able to get back to a healthy weight again soon.

Lord, we lift Dianna to you today and thank you that she is your precious creation, fearfully and wonderfully made in your image. Thank you for revealing to her the unhealthy eating habits that she has developed so that she might be able to more fully embrace the freedom you have given her in Christ. We thank you for leading her to a program that is already bringing hope to a hopeless feeling situation. We ask that you bless her efforts and encourage her and strenghten her.

Hi

I think WW is a great program if you stick to it :)

I gained 60, yes 60! lbs with my first pregnancy. I lost is all and a few extra trhough the Nutrisystem diet (I needed a no brainer, simple diet) but then maintained it th rough WW. I think WW is better.

Good Luck - Don't give up :)

I lost 12 lbs. so far. We went camping and that got me off of my diet,but,I'm back now,so hopefully I'll start losing again soon.

Me too!

Diana,

I just joined WW two weeks ago myself. I am the biggest I have ever been. I could not fit in my clothes anymore. I must say, I went into my first meeting basically kicking and screaming like a toddler, not wanting to give up eating what I wanted when I wanted:mad: However, the points program really works for me. I lost 3.8 pounds the first week and I weigh in again tomorrow. The way I see it as long as the scales keep going down week after week-even if it just a pound, I am doing great!! Keep up the good work and find a local meeting if you get weak. I have also dragged two friends with me! That makes it more fun.

Also, the hot flashes and insomnia have gotten much better. I am not sure what to attribute that too but I am thankful.

Way to go! Congrats on the almost 4 pounds in the first week. I did the same thing the first couple weeks. A month into the program,I wasn't losing anything,my husband kept telling me it was because I was gaining muscle and then all of a sudden,I lost 3 pounds more,than another 2 after that. So,I am 17 pounds lighter now. I still have 60 more to go,but,it is a great start for me. The points program is great for me as well. It really helps me to keep track of what I am eating in a day and decide if I REALLY want that food at that time or not. I am thinking of finding a local meeting sometime to keep me on track so I don't fall back on my diet.

Again,congrats and good luck with your weight goal. :D

i posted on the other thread but just to be an encourager i have been on ww now for 9 weeks and i have lost 15.9 lbs and i am not ashamed to say i started at 314 and i just hit under the 300 mark

Dianna,

Keep up the good work. You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. The bible says in Mark 9:23 If thou canst believe All things are possible to him who believeth. Nothing is impossible with God. It is possible for you to lose all the weight that your hearts desire. God said to delight our selves in him to trust also in him and he will give us our hearts desire. Do not give up. You have the greater one living on the inside of you cheering you on. Because Greater is he that is living in me than he that is in the world. The bible says when you pray believe in your heart what you have prayed for and you shall have what ever you prayed for. What you do pray for has to line up with the word of God. God did design you to be healthy. You can do it. I stand in faith with you. I know you can because you have christ and nothing is impossible with him. God bless

ONfire4jesus

Dianna,

hey. you can do it you can lose weight. You can do all things through christ. The things that are impossible with men are possible with God. When God is involved nothing is impossible. Continue to stand in faith. Begin to confess over yourself that in the name of Jesus you are eating healthy. Tell your body how you want it to respond. Tell your body that in the name of Jesus you are making wise decisions choosing the foods that you eat. In the name of Jesus you are exercising daily and have confidence because the greater one lives on the inside of you. God bless.

Onfire4jesus

I have been at a stand still lately. Guess I have been enjoying the summer and all it's good food too much. :eek: I need to get back on track and continue to lose. Love WW though. It was the best thing for me. Thanks for the prayers and encouragement.

Blessings to all of you.:)

My sis lost weight on weight watchers as well, she liked it, I was never wiling to spend the $ for the program, but do like the cookbooks and all the recipes so far I tried were really good.

I was so ashamed too to have to shop in plus size too, especially since by breasts aren't even big enough to fill out any of the tops, so I do better buying medium or large sized maternity shirts. But in the past a size 16 was not included in the plus size so that much have changed sometime in the last 10 years or so b/c my Mom always wore a 16 and we always used to shop together in the misses dept. but in the past 10 years my mom's gotten really heavy, I don't want to get that way, nor does mt sister so we are both trying to nip the problem in the bud. You are certainly not alone on your journey to good healthy weight, may God bless you with continued success.

Hi diamond I spent the intial money on the program and i have been doing it at home with my husband and my girlfriends and i am down 30 lbs but i have been off track for like 2 months cause i have had a lot of stress including moving and my daughter's 2 surgeries but thankfully she is doing better and hopefully no more surgery !

I am currently in the ww program and I am on week 13 and have lost 9lbs. I have trouble tracking the points everyday, but I do like the program . You can have anything to eat--just in moderation. The key to all diets is EXERCISE. I have come to a plateau and I am strugglin with the last 10 -15 lbs. I workout all the time. I run on treadmill 30 mins -- 3 or 4 days a week and lift weights 4 to 5 days a week . I can see some improvement and clothes are a little looser But my weight just stays around the same amount. It goes up 2lbs then down 2lbs. Any ideas???

That's what God keeps speaking to my heart, exercise at least 15 minutes day not for vain glory but to live my life healthy to give Glory to Him. He doesn't harp on me (my husband does) about my diet so much as He just wants me to get moving!

Edited by DiamondRing
typo

Hi, this is Marsha.

I used WW about 6 years ago.

The points program worked well for me because it allowed me to see that my portions were out of control. I was able to eat what I wanted and still loose weight.

I lost 20 pds which was my goal at the time. I used the online program because I find that I'm the only that can hold myself accountable.

I am not on weight watchers but I love it anyway! lol. My sis in law lost over 70 lbs. with WW. She has kept it off for nearly three years now. I'd like to join when I start working again.

Tell your body how you want it to respond. Tell your body that in the name of Jesus you are making wise decisions choosing the foods that you eat. In the name of Jesus you are exercising daily and have confidence because the greater one lives on the inside of you. God bless.