Sign in to follow this  
dianna

Want to have another child

I'll give you a little update first so you understand what our prayer needs are. My husband and I were married 3 years ago in April. We are both older and knew we wanted children and waited till finacially we were able to provide. God is wonderful at this. He provided everything and as always in His perfect timing. We found out we were pregnant with our beautiful daughter. When I was 28 weeks pregnant we found out she was not growing. Only 1 lb 7 oz. I was sent to University Hospital in Syracuse,NY. I was on bedrest for 6 weeks and after all their tests they came up with Lupus Anticoagulant Antibodies. This was causing a restriction in the cord and my body was rejecting the placenta. That's why she wasn't growing. They started me on heparin and baby aspirin and were able to keep her inside till 35 weeks when they induced me. She was 3 lbs 11 oz. when she was born and was in the NICU for 2 weeks. She never had any issues,but rather was there as precaution. No one can tell me what a wonderful God we have. She is truly a huge Blessing in our lives.

Everything was fine for 8 months and then in July of last year I was getting sick and found out I had hepatitis. I was also jaundice. I could not think how I possibly could have got that. I have no tattos,no drugs or drinking and didn't eat anything that would have caused this. After they did a bunch of testing I was told Lupus Anticoagulant Antibodies. I had not known that this was something that could affect my body as well as the placenta when I was pregnant.This is a genetic condition that a few of the women on my paternal side of the family have. It was Autoimmune Hepatitus. So,they have put me on Prednisone and Imuran to control it. I have been great since.

Now , my husband and I would like to have another child. Not that we are not totally blessed with Norah but we would like to give her a sibling. We are older(40ish) as I said so there is that risk for birth defects. Small,but still a risk. We recently went to see my OB/GYN and he sent us back up to Syracuse for prenatal counseling. That was a lot of information that they are sending back to my doctor. There are a lot of risks that I may have all or none of them varying in severity. Including miscarriage,stillbirth and the chance of my liver flaring up again. There is the risk of birth defects with the drugs,but that is small we were told. After hearing all this,I still want to have another child. My husband is just nervous because of my health. And obviously it wouldn't make sense for me to have another if I'm not going to be around. He gave us a list of different drugs and vitamins that I would be on if I were to become pregnant and told us that the studies don't show that they work or don't work because when people were started on them it was late in the pregnancy where it MAY have been helpful if I were on it from the very beginning(conception).

I/we really need prayer and guidance her to know what is best. I so want another child. And yes God is a God of miracles,but He doesn't tell us to be stupid and do things we know are unsafe. I just keep thinking that there is no guarantee that I will not have any problems if I were to get pregnant just as there are no guarantees that I will have problems. It's a 50/50 chance. I'm almost willing to take the chance, but my husband is a lot more cautious about it.

I am asking if you all could please pray for us that we have the wisdom to know what is best and for health for all if we are blessed with another child.

Dianna

Lord, you are the author and sustainer of our lives. You know every detail of every day of our lives before even one day has come. You know our desires and dreams - and you lovingly gift us with the fulfillment of those desires and dreams according to your perfect will. You use everything for good to those of us that love you and are called according to your purpose. Please help dianna to rest in the knowledge that whatever the future holds, it is You Lord who hold the future. Please revive her heart to delight in You! - trusting You that You will give her the desires of her heart. Father, please give her discernment to share your vision for how this family might grow in service to you. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, your only begotten Son, our Savior and Lord.

Dianna, before you continue on the path of deciding whether or not it is a good health risk to get pregnant, I would encourage you to take some time to meditate on the reality that it is God who brings life into existence. I think that our culture has gotten very caught up in the idea that we can make people pregnant and make them "un-pregnant" according to our own whims and in alignment with our own wisdom. But from the pain, frustration, and massive dollars spent, we should be able to see how much it is out of our hands. I have no doubt that God can and does use the providence of medicine to bless us with children when the fallen state of our bodies has corrupted our physical ability to carry a baby to term with health... but too often we seem to look first to what medicine can do for us and only after we ask God to bless our plans. Officially... techincally... the "decision" of whether or not to get pregnant is not one you have the authority to make. We are called to abide in Him - walking in His counsel - obeying His law and obeying the call of His Spirit on our hearts. Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and then all the other things will be added unto you - make it your heart's mission to delight in the Lord and let Him worry about giving you the desires of your heart. When you submit to the reality that this is His call, you never know the worlds of possibilities that He will open in your heart and in your life.

Rest assured... by taking this time it doesn't mean that you are potentially delaying a pregnancy by years or even months. By intensly seeking God on this issue you will not be cutting off His options. Give yourself to prayer and fasting for an appointed time... and petition Him that your heart might come into alignment with His heart and that He might show you the steps He desires you to take in faith, knowing that He will take care of the details. It would be especially good if your husband would also join you in this prayer and fasting. If you have any questions about fasting, we have a rather extensive thread on the subject http://www.christianmom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2973

I would highly recommend re-reading about Abram and Sarai (Genesis 15-18:15 & 21-22), God's promise to give them a child, and how He acted on that promise.

I'm excited for you about the prospect of welcoming another child into your family. I know that God will bless you through this crossroad of life.

The Lord has bless you with one beautiful child.

If it is his will he will do it again.

Pray alway.

Thank you so much for the prayers. I'll keep you posted how things work out. Dianna

Oh, I could just feel your passion as I read your story. What a brave woman! Praise God for giving you Norah despite the obstacles. What a mighty God we serve. I understand your longing for a second child, as I am a mother of two. True, you do have a lot of things to consider. The instinct for another baby is stronger than those worries, isn't it? lol I'm sure they are. I will pray for you. God always does what is best for us even if we think he's cRaZy sometimes. Are there any other paths that you would consider? Have you opened up your heart to the prospect of adoption if the opportunity arises? I will pray for your health and for God to show you his plans (hopefully in a timely fashion) lol

Well today we were visiting with friends and we were able to see Norah's cousins. The youngest being 6 mo. That made my wanting a baby even stronger. I know He will do what's best. I just pray that I am listening when He gives me the answer. I am going to make a calll for another appt. tomorrow to discuss everything. Hopefully we will get the go ahead. We are open to the possibility of adoption,bnut we haven't really discussed it much. I would like to try having one of my own ifrst though. If we were going to adopt I would want to adopt a baby from China. I've heard so many bad stories of babies left on the side of the road and such. Thank you for your prayers. That is what we relay on for EVERYTHING.

Blessings,

Dianna

Oh, I could just feel your passion as I read your story. What a brave woman! Praise God for giving you Norah despite the obstacles. What a mighty God we serve. I understand your longing for a second child, as I am a mother of two. True, you do have a lot of things to consider. The instinct for another baby is stronger than those worries, isn't it? lol I'm sure they are. I will pray for you. God always does what is best for us even if we think he's cRaZy sometimes. Are there any other paths that you would consider? Have you opened up your heart to the prospect of adoption if the opportunity arises? I will pray for your health and for God to show you his plans (hopefully in a timely fashion) lol

Hey Dianna - still praying! I wanted to check back in with you too because... I hope I didn't come on too strong in my last post. I didn't mean to imply that you were ignorant of the things I was saying... about needing to really look to God on this. You are very obviously seeking the Lord on this.

Love, Laurie

Update

Good news we just got back from our appointment today. We got the go ahead to try to have another child. I'm very happy about this. :D There are risks but he said he thinks it is manageable between he and the doctors up in Syracuse. If I may,I'd like to ask for prayer that I shall conceive quickly and that the pregnancy is healthy for all involved. That is me and a baby. Thank you ladies for all your prayers already. In the few short months since I have joined this site you all have been very helpful to me. I have learned from all of you. Thank you for everything.

GOd is a good of the impossible.

As we seek him first God gives us the desires of his(our) heart. Perhaps this desire is in your heart for a reason. Maybe God wants to do this.

Ask , seek, you will find..... God will show you what is the right thing to do for your (HIS) temple.

I can completley identify with you. I desperatly want to have another baby..... BUT I got my tubes tied because both pregnancis were very hard on my body. I also now have a net in my belly to fix many hernia's I recieved from those pregnancies. I pray all the time that God will touch my womb OR take away this buring desire within for another child. I wonder whether or not I should get the tubes reversed and have the net removed, which will require alot of money which we do not have, or, do I tell the Lord the desire Of my heart, which He already knows and wait for him....I am weary of having another surgury but want a baby so badly....

My husband gave me a braclet with the serentity prayer on it. I say it in every situation....

God grant me the serenitiy to accpet the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

May our Lord grant his serentity to you... and me.

Blessings to you my sister. I cannot wait to hear what awesome Power our Lord will reveal to you and your family in this matter...

He loves you! VERY MUCH and has plans to bring you a hope and a future!!!Jerimiah 29:11

secondchance

GOd is a good of the impossible.

As we seek him first God gives us the desires of his(our) heart. Perhaps this desire is in your heart for a reason. Maybe God wants to do this.

Ask , seek, you will find..... God will show you what is the right thing to do for your (HIS) temple.

I can completley identify with you. I desperatly want to have another baby..... BUT I got my tubes tied because both pregnancis were very hard on my body. I also now have a net in my belly to fix many hernia's I recieved from those pregnancies. I pray all the time that God will touch my womb OR take away this buring desire within for another child. I wonder whether or not I should get the tubes reversed and have the net removed, which will require alot of money which we do not have, or, do I tell the Lord the desire Of my heart, which He already knows and wait for him....I am weary of having another surgury but want a baby so badly....

My husband gave me a braclet with the serentity prayer on it. I say it in every situation....

God grant me the serenitiy to accpet the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

May our Lord grant his serentity to you... and me.

Blessings to you my sister. I cannot wait to hear what awesome Power our Lord will reveal to you and your family in this matter...

He loves you! VERY MUCH and has plans to bring you a hope and a future!!!Jerimiah 29:11

secondchance

WOW! I don't even know what to say to all this. Your words were really powerful to me. I too, love the serenity prayer. I will pray that God

will answer BOTH our prayers and gives us the desires of our hearts. I know He knows what's best,though it is hard sometimes to understand that what is best isn't always what we want. God is a god of miracles though and can do anything! He knows the desires of our hearts and in His perfect timing He will fulfill them as He sees fit.

Thank you to you and all for all your prayes in this matter.