Sign in to follow this  
abc

Evangelism and Discipleship

Hello Ladies,

God has truly blessed all of us with this site.

I have finished my last class and next week, I will be starting the next class.

Last week I went to pass out tracts with our church, and my next class just happens to be
Evangelism and Discipleship.

KJV Mark 16:14-18

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

NIV
Mark 16:14-18

Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. 15 He said to them,
"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved,
but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

17 And these
signs will accompany those who believe
: In my name they will
drive out demons
; they will
speak in new tongues
; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison,
it will not hurt them at all
; they will
place their hands on sick people, and they will get well
."

God has a plan and he has a plan for all of us.

I pray that this class will bring more revelation of God's word, wisdom and knowledge. . .as I share it with all of you.

Wow Abc congradulations. I just went out witnessing with our witnessing team from the church. We had 5 people accept Jesus as their saviour. We had 3 redidatactions, 2 healings, and 3 spirit filled. Glory to God. Keep the faith. God bless you sister

Onfire4jesus :)

all heaven rejoice

onfire4jesus

That is wonderful news. It is said that all heaven rejoice when one is accepted.

I just got my book today for my class

I am going to start reading them tonight.

Looking forward to sharing with all of you.

Before we try reaching anyone we must seek God, and prepare ourselves with the word of God by the Holy Spirit. This can not be done alone. We must go to school, church or be trained under a teacher or mentor. Jesus trained the disciples.

Mt 4:19 - And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mt 16:24 - Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

When reaching people we should first understand today's questions and know how to respond.

There is an awakening, developing, drawing, conversion, and transformation process. It is not done overnight. It take the power of God working through the Holy Spirit molding, shaping and forming us for the master's use.

Jeremiah 18:1-10

1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, 2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words. 3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels. F88 4 And the vessel that he made of clay F89 was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it. 5 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel

Romans 9:14-24

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses,
I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh,
Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee,
and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

A Strategy for Reaching Post moderns

Pre-Christians today go through a process. They are befriended, accepted, and loved. Their soul is then awakened to its existence, to its spiritual hunger and to the possibility of Jesus. They join an attractive community to experience love, to explore and experience God. The gospel addresses their hurt, sin and their longing for identity and a sense of self, and then they convert. The Spirit begins to transform them inside out.

Let look at these simple strategy to reach people today.

Build friendships and pray.
Nothing is more important, but this is not a stand alone.

Hold soul-awakening events.
We need to create contexts for the Holy Spirit to awaken people to their spiritual longings and begin to see Jesus as a possible satisfier of those longings. This step may be the biggest missing link in our evangelism strategy.

Draw pre-Christians into seeking community.
People are looking for a community to belong to before a message to believe in. This step is the centerpiece for reaching people today.

Challenge pre-Christians to conversion.
Where and when and how do you challenge people to become Christians?

Help new Christian into transformation.
Changed lives are our greatest apologetic for the gospel.

Ref: Richardson, Rick, Evangelism Outside The Box,

Downers Grove, 2000 Evangelism Ourtside the box

We must prepare ourself with His word

When we are witnessing to other we must be prepared with these scripture.

In my class I have to know these and be able to recite and write them.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

dianna,

For us to witness and wins soul for Christ, we have to start with the written word of God.

That is preparing ourselves to do God will.

We can talk to the natural man, but if we don't have the word of God

to plant, and water we will appeal to the natural man and it is temporary

I have to learn these scriptures for this class

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

Roman 10:9-For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I took my mid-term exam today. I felt good about my answers and the scriptures, I did at least 70% and there were seven, it look like I miss two.

Spiritual Discipline

Incorporating Spiritual Discipline into our lives will not be easy, nor will it be by just being intelligent or gifted, but by searching for the deeper things of God through His word. Whole hearty we must seek God and the things of God.
"As a hart longs for flowing streams, so longs my soul for thee, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the Living God," Ps. 42:1, 2.
With the help of the Holy Spirit, he helps us tune in and convicts us of the instance satisfaction that is so easily accepted. Our desire is to continue to incorporate God's word in our lives and be change and released of ingrained habits, anger, and fears, etc. Pray for spiritual discipline and growth that will open door to our liberation.

Spiritual Disciplines

Something to share with all of you.

Willpower will never succeed in dealing with the deeply ingrained habits of sin. Emmet Fox, writes "As soon as you resist mentally any undesirable or unwanted circumstance, you thereby endow it with more power power which it will use against you, and you will have depleted your own will power, we will only make the evil in us stronger than ever."

"Will worship" may produce an outward show of success for a time, but in the cracks and crevices of our lives our deep inner condition will eventually be revealed.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks ... I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter" Matt. 12:34-36.

ref: R. M. Foster

One step closer

I took my mid-term exam today. I felt good about my answers and the scriptures, I did at least 70% and there were seven, it look like I miss two.

My result was just as I thought, I got a "C" on my exam.

I took my final exam last week.

I got the grade today.

Praise the Lord,

I got a
"
B
",
:D

I have one Research Project (7 pages) to complete

and a writing (1300 words) assignment to complete.

Then I will be finish with this class.

CONGRATULATIONS ABC!! That is really something. I just prayed for you to continue to do so well. Good luck and keep us updated!

I am Studying the 13 Spiritual Disciplines

I am ask to write on how do I incorporate them in my life.

Here is the first one. If you like you can add and give comments.

Comment on each one and tell us how you would incorporate in your life.

1. The Spiritual Disciplines: Door to Liberation

Incorporating Spiritual Discipline into my life will not be easy, nor will it be by just being intelligent or gifted, but by searching for the deeper things of God through His word. Whole hearty I seek God and the things of God.

"As a hart longs for flowing streams, so longs my soul for thee, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the Living God," Ps. 42:1, 2.

With the help of the Holy Spirit, he helps me tune in and convicts me of the instance satisfaction that is so easily accepted. My desire is to continue to incorporate God's word in my life and be change and release of my ingrained habits, anger, fears. I pray for spiritual discipline and growth that will open door to liberation

my pastor once said this catchy phrase in relating to other people and I have remembered it ever since.......

" Build a bridge of Love and Respect so that later Jesus can cross over it."

It is so true how the effect of our living witness can soften and prepare the way for the written word of God to set in.

We plant the seeds , but GOD causes them to grow!

Lord, It is my prayer that you will give me oppoturnities and priveledges to be a living example to an unbeliveing world of A CHRISTIAN... which means Christ -in.... I hope that by your spirits help, I will exemplifiy and represent you so well that someone will see YOU and glorify YOU and turn their lives over to their Father in Heaven.... and that by your spirit you will enable me through careful study to be prepared with an answer for the hope that I have in YOU...Christ Jesus! Your word has given me everytihng I need to be equiped to share the Gospel. I thank you.!

I ask this in the only name where authority is given and things are accomplished.... JESUS CHRIST>>> Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done....AMEN

I stand in agreement

Lord we give you praise and worship.

In Jesus name. Amen

Meditation

2. The Discipline of Meditation

Incorporating the mediation discipline draws me closer to improve my relationship Jesus Christ.

Increasing understanding removes tribal based information pass down through generation of family and church.

I will continue growth in my desire to understand the written word of God that I will hear his voice in my mediation time.

Education and experiences will minister to me in helping me to obey and change as God desires.

Receiving the purposes will lay a godly foundation to build upon.

I will practice mediation and prayer that wil unlock and sanctify my thoughts in order to receive from God.

I have begun to more integrate this discipline in my life so that I will take steps to grow closer Christ as he love us and desire for us to love Him

The Light of Jesus is on, is somebody home?

Prayer Discipline

Incorporate prayer discipline that takes us to a greater spiritual life with Christ.

As we pray, we pray that prayer will change things in our life.

We pray to think God's thoughts and His will for our lives.

Learning the different type of prays with simplicity will lead me only to spiritual maturity. We will incorporate a proper place and time for prayer.

God desire us to communicate with Him. The power to perform the will of God come through Him.

We will begin to bathe our family, services and worship in prayer.

So pray, that prayer will change things in our lives and incorporate prayer discipline that takes us to a greater spiritual life with Christ, today.

One more assignment and I will be finish with this class

Praise the Lord

I just got back my papers for this class back.

Part 1,
Paper was to write 100 word each on how I was going to incorporate the 13 Spiritual disciplines in my life.

It turned out to be 1300 word plus.
My grade was 95% Yes! "
A
"

Part 2,
I had to write a 7 page paper on How I was going to disciple a new believer.
My grade was 91% "
A
"Yes!

There is one more thing I have to do.

I have to write a paper talking to a non-believer.

It has really been a struggle with this class.

But I have manage to keep going.

Thanks to all of you who are praying for me.

God has truly blessed my work.

Sharing the Gospel

What must I know about God, Jesus, to become a Christian?

Scripture Readings:
Acts 4:12, Romans 3:23, 6:23, John 3:16, John 1:12, Romans 10:9-10 and Revelation 3:20

Man is always searching for a new life and these question are asked, is there a higher power?

What is my purpose in life? How do I obtain happiness and love?

When coming to explore and finding answers, the answers always starts or points at God.

Something on the inside of us and in the sun, moon and in the earth we live tells us that there is a God, a creator of all things, heavens, and earth.

Man in the beginning walked with God and he elected to sin, and sin separated himself from God.

God has a plan and he planned from the beginning to bring man back into relationship with Him.

God years later gave the gift of salvation, Jesus Christ, to all who accepted and believe in his son, Jesus, who he sent to die and was raised from the dead that we live and have life everlasting.

Man search for a new life must be accomplish through mouth confession the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised him from the dead, shall receive the gift of eternal life.

Please post your comments.

Edited by abc

I read a book called "One thing you can't do in Heaven" by Mark Cahill...you might want to check it out! I loved it, and its what got me into the mode of wanting to let people know about Jesus! I am not quiet ready for the evangalism part yet...but I do hand out tracts...at gas stations, walmart...everywhere....I am so glad that you do also!! You are a treasure to GOD!!

To alway God be the Glory.

I read a book called "One thing you can't do in Heaven" by Mark Cahill...you might want to check it out! I loved it, and its what got me into the mode of wanting to let people know about Jesus! I am not quiet ready for the evangalism part yet...but I do hand out tracts...at gas stations, walmart...everywhere....I am so glad that you do also!! You are a treasure to GOD!!

Thank you, To alway God be the Glory.