Sign in to follow this  
christina21

How do you feel about Birth Control?

Matthew 10:24

“Students [ Or Disciples.] are not greater than their teacher, and slaves are not greater than their master.

If Jesus and His apostle Paul offended others with the truth they spoke I suppose it should not surprise me that I a mere housewife who loves the Lord would be also offend those who call themselves religious yet deny the power of God.

2 Timothy 3:5

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Matthew 13:57

And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.”

Matthew 15:12

Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you realize you offended the Pharisees by what you just said?”

Mark 6:3

Then they scoffed, “He’s just a carpenter, the son of Mary [ Some manuscripts read He’s just the son of the carpenter and of Mary.] and the brother of James, Joseph, [ Most manuscripts read Joses; see Matt 13:55.] Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us.” They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.

1 Corinthians 1:23

So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

Since I am called to live in peace as much as is possible with others:

Romans 12:18

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I shall leave it at this conclusion because I feel you are only looking to have a battle I do not battle with flesh and blood. I have spoken my own view and I respect your view, I just do not agree with you, we are not likely to come to agreement. As for an implying you were for abortion as a form of birth control I did not intend for this, I thought the thread was about how we felt about birth control, many women do use abortion. The birth control pill is abortion because it works by sending hormones into the mother's body that do not allow a fertilized egg to attach to the mother's womb. The fertilized egg cannot receive nourishment and starves to death and is expelled with the menstruation period. It is so tiny it goes unnoticed. I find it is a shame that doctor's are not legally bound to inform a woman of the exact way the pill is able to work so effectively but that is how it is in the world.

I think this sounds very true. I have seen God work this way in other areas of my life, such as our finances and the decision to get married in the first place. For some reason it is very difficult for me to completely surrender how many children I will have to God, though. I know I should, and it is that first step of faith that gets God started in providing for your needs. I guess this is just one of those things that I have yet to trust Him with.

In defense of some birth control methods, only some of them are known to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting, at least from the research I've done on the topic. The IUD is one that definitely works that way. The NuvaRing, however, works by preventing ovulation; an egg cannot be fertilized if it does not leave the ovary. I was on the NuvaRing until I found a lump in my breast (I'm only 24!) and got freaked out because of the history of cancer in my family. Turned out to be nothing, but during the 4 or so months that I've been off birth control, I've realized that my sexual desire has increased dramatically -- I never thought that birth control could have affected my libido, but it did. So I haven't gone back on it, and haven't gotten pregnant.

So anyway, I definitely understand DiamondRing's assertion that God knows your situation and will open and close your womb as He sees fit. I think the big thing with us as human beings is that it's very hard to turn something over to God when it involves something as fragile and real as your body and your family's stability. It's easy to tithe your 10%, or volunteer your time at church, but when it's your own body that you are giving up to God, that's as real as it gets. I think it's an intimate and beautiful thing when people are able to do that, so more power to you, DiamondRing. I am working on this issue myself, and hope to come to the same resolution.

Yes, I apologize, I did my research a good 11 years ago, Nuva Ring was not in existence so please do your own research I was referring only to the birth control pill that is 99.9% effective against pregnancy and what I learned is that with out the added hormones to cause a fertilized egg from implantation the pill would only be about 80% effective with only the hormones to stop ovulation from occurring. Those hormones to stop ovulation are not effective 100% of the time so they add others to stop implantation if an egg is released. Please do research any method, but do not rely solely on a doctor or add for the product b/c they may not say the whole truth. My doctor refused to admit a block of implantation was abortion because she insisted that this was not the definition of an abortion when I further pressed the issue after she laughed at our opposition to using the pill at my 6 week post birth check up. I don't care what she says is abortion. to my conscience starving a fertilized egg to death is abortion and so I refused it and I refused to see that Ob again also! I hope I find one that respects our views if I get pregnant again.

When used correctly and consistently, the NuvaRing is 98-99.9% effective - so that means you can still ovulate and not know it. Certain hormones as mentioned are to stop the ovulation from occuring but nothing is 100% effective (besides God - he eve novercame abstinence lol) The other types of hormones change the consitency of your uterus so you can still ovulate but implantation would not be able to occur because of the condition of your uterus.