Sign in to follow this  
becky84

Please pray for me!!!

Okay, so I really need prayer right now. To start with, my husband needs to find a job. He is a welder right now, but has developed skin cancer from the welding; if he continues to work there, the cancer will continue to return. He wants to be a police officer, but is having a hard time getting in, even with his military background. We are in a financial "waiting game" at this point.

More devastating, is that my 19-year-old sister was recently committed to the psychiatric ward at a local hospital. She has always been a pretty level-headed person, so this has been hard to deal with. She keeps saying over and over that God doesn't love her, that she has committed "the unpardonable sin" (whatever that is, she won't tell us), that she is going to hell and nobody can help her. We all thought it was just a preoccupation that she would soon get over, until she stopped eating, drinking, and taking care of herself. For 3 days she just sat in her room clutching bibles and crying. She got to the point where she couldn't even talk, she just kept stuttering the same things over and over, and my parents finally just took her to the hospital for fear that she was suffering severe dehydration.

My mom is not a Christian as far as I know, so she has absolutely no idea what is going on. My dad and all the rest of us are Christians, and we have not been able to convince my sister that God will never forsake her and she will be okay. She is supposed to be getting married in 4 months (her fiance is in the Air Force, stationed in Arkansas), and we think the stress of that is contributing. Her future mother-in-law has also been exposing her to cult materials, giving her pamphlets and CDs and internet sites to visit that promote their message. I think she is being attacked by forces we cannot see, and God is not going to let her go. I think right now there is a spiritual battle going on and my sister is the one caught in the middle. At this point all we can do is pray, so I am asking for all of you to please pray, pray, pray, that God will reveal Himself to my sister and drive the evil away from her. She doesn't belong in a psychiatric institution, she belongs resting in the hands of our beautiful, loving God who cares so much for all His children, even when they don't believe it.

a while back we did a thread on Battles of the Mind....from Joyce Meyers. when I was reading your post it felt like the devil was written all over it. She is torturing herself with guilt and shame... and her inability to let go of her past is causing great damage to her. I will be praying for her. And for wisodm for you to speak Gods truth into her life.

Heavenly Father, we ask that in Jesus Name you would remove the scales from her eyes and help her to see the truth about herself so that she will be set free and no longer be held captivate by those torturing thoughts! Help her to see that she is forgiven. We all make mistakes and we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus, please reach down and touch this young woman and intervene.... do not let the devil have his way with her. Holy spirt we invite you to come and do a mighty work...

Help guide this woman to the truth that will set her free.

In Jesus Name We ask this... amen

I have some updates as to my sister's condition. Apparently her fiance is also in on this cult thing, and has been filling her head with it without our knowing. I visited the website of the man who's teachings they are following, and it is definitely a cult. She is due to be released from the hospital tomorrow, and I am scared that they will keep in contact and that this is going to get much, much worse. How do you keep a 19-year-old away from her fiance??? Anyway, what I found odd was that he didn't call her until yesterday (by that time she had been in the hospital 6 days). He talked to my mother 3 times before he would even call my sister. I'm sorry, but if that was MY fiance in the psych ward, I would be asking my commander for a leave of absence to come and see her. But he didn't even call. He told my mom that my sister was probably just having a hard time dealing with "the truth" about herself and we should leave them alone.

So anyway, please continue to pray, and if anyone has dealt with this sort of thing before, I'd appreciate any insight. I don't know what to say, what to do. I have always sort of raised my sister (long story), so it's hard not to want to take on the mothering role here and feel personally responsible for how she turns out.

I agree with secondchance!

Sister, your sister needs someone to lay hands on her and cast those demons out in the name of Jesus. As I read your post, the devil was writen all over it, and he is enjoying this so much. She needs to postpone that wedding, and not marry this man. If you can, go to her house with another believer, and lay hands on her, and pray with authority in the name of Jesus to leave your sister alone! I will pray for her right now. But she needs the laying of hands. The devil wants to destroy her, but we are going to defeat him because our God is on our side!

As for your hubby, stay faithful, and I know it's hard but don't worry. My husband wants to be a Police Officer too, but it can be challenging to get it. Not impossible though! God can make those employers hire your husband. His new job is waiting for him, he will get it soon, you'll see...

God is good, and will take care of you and provide...

Hello becky, I just prayed for you and your family. I know that God will pull your sister through some way or another, this is a very tough situation because she is so young and of course wants to be with her fiance. But God is stronger than anything that cult may believe in and I agree that she needs to be witnessed to again and told that God loves her no matter what sins she may have committed. i pray that he will show himself to her and this will all be over soon. Hang in there! As for your husband, God has a plan for him to. God bless you sister, stay strong!!

Thanks guys, as it turns out they think my sister is schizophrenic or has bipolar disorder or both. the religious preoccupation is still there, and the doctors say they don't know how easy that will be to get rid of. The suicide rate for schizophrenics is high, and my sister has been suicidal for the past month or so. they put her in a new hospital just for mental patients, and she was just discharged on friday. she's supposed to see phychiatrists and be on medication for the rest of her life. Please continue to pray, my whole family is just completely blown away by this and nobody knows what to do. At this point nobody truly even knws what's wrong with her. I am scared of losing my sister.

I am still praying for you Becky. It is a tough situation and all you can really do is give it to god.

Salvation, Provision and Healing

Father we come to you this evening asking for forgiveness of our sins.

Father God we come with praise and thanksgiving to give you praise for what you are about to do in the lives of this family.

Father God we pray for provisions for this family.

Father God we pray that all needs be met and that they will follow and obey your will and draw closer to you.

Father God we lift up this 19-year-old sister and place her in your mighty hands.

Father God we ask you to send forth your Holy Spirit to this sister and mother, open eyes, to see and open ear to hear, that they will have faith in you to save and bless them with the greatest gift in heaven and on earth, the gift of salvation.

Father God draw this family and all who are around this situation that they will see the salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Father God thank you for healing in the name of Jesus.

Jesus is the only name whom we can call on to heal our sickness and disease.

Father God we thank you and give you all glory, honor and praise.

In Jesus name Amen.

I agree with secondchance!

Sister, your sister needs someone to lay hands on her and cast those demons out in the name of Jesus. As I read your post, the devil was writen all over it, and he is enjoying this so much. She needs to postpone that wedding, and not marry this man. If you can, go to her house with another believer, and lay hands on her, and pray with authority in the name of Jesus to leave your sister alone! I will pray for her right now. But she needs the laying of hands. The devil wants to destroy her, but we are going to defeat him because our God is on our side!

I agree with this...you need to have someone you know is a GOD fearing person to lay hands upon her and to use the name of Jesus to cast out her demons...GOD can deliever people from mental disabilities I have seen it! Just keep praying as I will and believe you have received whatever you have asked for! Don't have doubt, that is straight from the devil!

GOD, I want to thank you for blessing this family and for seating us all at the right hand of the father..Lord GOD I am asking that you lift Beckys sister up and release her from whatever demons are attacking her mentally and spiritually, in the name of Jesus...You said whatever we ask will be given unto us, so I believe that my prayer and others have been heard, and I thank you for delivering her and keeping her safe! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!!

Thank you all, this is a scary time but we know God will pull us through. Even though we don't know what's going on, He does. Your prayers will certainly make a difference!