Sign in to follow this  
usmcmrs

Road Trip

So as I mentioned before, my husband and I will be moving from Arizona to Connecticut this summer. We are driving and we do not have a route picked out yet, but we want to take the opportunity to see things we might not get to see. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to stop and see, where do you guys like to go on vacation? What do you like to see?

I have never been anywhere north of Tx....but I went to New Mexico when I was 16 and loved the Indian...oh I don't know what its called...but where the indians used to live..the remains of their homes and whatnot...I loved it....Good luck on your move!!

Washington D.C. is always a neat place to visit -- we went there last summer and it was the first time I ever got to see the Vietnam Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, and the Abraham Lincoln Memorial, among other things. D.C. is where Arlington National Cemetery is, something of interest to those of us in the military. There is the Museum of Natural History, where they have dinosaur, insect, and earth exhibits; the Air and Space Museum, with real rocketships and planes on display (they have actually been in orbit! It's quite exciting), and the National Gallery of Art if you're interested in that kind of stuff. Truly something for everyone! Good luck and bring your jackets!

Oh, and there is an awesome amusement park called Busch Gardens near Williamsburg, VA. Awesome, that's all I can say. We actually have a ton of amusement parks around this area, you might want to Google it and see what you come up with. If your kids are little like mine, they would LOVE Sesame Place! We are taking our family of 4 there for FREE this summer -- go to http://herosalute.com and you can go for free too. You just fill out the page and take it to the park and they give you up to 4 free tickets just for serving in the miltary. Hey, we do get some perks!

Edited by becky84