Sign in to follow this  
Jhoward

Having a Biblical Worldview

Jhoward,

I would be careful reading some of that stuff. I did not see the name Jesus on that site.

I did not see what they believe in. So just be careful. There is only one true living God and we find Him through His Son Jesus. The Way, the Truth and the Light.

Try to stay with the word of God, the Holy Bible.

Edited by abc

What if, we took a simpler approach and looked at the World as Jesus did in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, with compassion for people while not compromising God's laws to give it. Being obedient to His voice above all, saying what He says and doing what He does through His example of Jesus.

What if we viewed the world as He does, lost, wretched, wicked, hopeless, hungry, thirsty, sick, and poor and thank Him and Praise Him for saving us from it and taking us out of it's power and into Him! Then doing whatever He wanted from us to help them know God's Grace get into His Abundant Life by teaching and preaching repentance and how to turn to Jesus to receive forgiveness, salvation, healing and redemption. In order to be blessed and join the family of God that never begs for food. Psalm 37:25:

25 Once I was young, and now I am old.

Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned

or their children begging for bread.

Jhoward,

I would be careful reading some of that stuff. I did not see the name Jesus on that site.

I did not see what they believe in. So just be careful. There is only one true living God and we find Him through His Son Jesus. The Way, the Truth and the Light.

Try to stay with the word of God, the Holy Bible.

abc, I just re-read the article and Jesus is mentioned several times, as well as plenty of scripture references. Additionally, I don't think I have ever disagreed with your scripture postings, and not in this thread as well. It seems as though there might be confusion simply over semantics.

What do you mean by a biblical World view/Twice you were aked and have not answered..

First I want to define worldview - which is a set of underlying assumptions that interpret existence. It has been called the sum total of our beliefs about the world; the big picture that directs our daily decisions and actions.

How are worldviews formed?

*Informally

*Uncritically

*Intergenerationally

*Intragenerationally

*Over time

No one sits down to specifically discuss what worldview they will have, it is something that is picked up in our early years heavily influenced by the people we are surrounded by day in and day out.

Elements of a worldview:

*Our view of God

*Our view of Man

*Our view of truth

*Our view of Knowledge

*Our view of Ethics

So let's move on with this question - how do you view the elements above??

Is not this enough to define what she meant by a biblical world view?

We view the World every day, everyone has a worldview based on their own life experiences. How could one experiencing God not have a view of the World according to our knowledge of God through Scripture? I would call that a biblical World view or in other words a view of the World based on what the Bible (God's View) teaches about the World.

I am alway willing to learn more about scriptures.

abc, I just re-read the article and Jesus is mentioned several times, as well as plenty of scripture references. Additionally, I don't think I have ever disagreed with your scripture postings, and not in this thread as well. It seems as though there might be confusion simply over semantics.

You are right you did not disagreed, I was reading this post below and i went to the site and I could not find what the guy believed in.

I could not find if he was saved. Most time people who research area not saved by the Blood of the Jesus. (Barna)

When I can't pin them to Jesus... I move on.

I basically use the scripture or someone who wrote in the 1800 and early 1900, everyone else had to much TV, electronics, etc. . .

However, I don't see where this discussion is leading.

I am alway willing to learn more about scriptures.

I am willing to support you with this thread, but where area we going?

I believe in edifying, building up, and supporting the body of Christ as so do you.

A Worldview Is Taught As Well As Caught

Referring to the multi-year
research project
that formed the foundation of his recent book on the subject of worldview development (Think Like Jesus), Barna suggested that people do not get a biblical worldview simply by regularly attending church. "A biblical worldview must be both taught and caught - that is, it has to be explained and modeled. Clearly, there are huge segments of the Christian body that are missing the benefit of such a comprehensive and consistent expression of biblical truth.

“The research also points out that even in churches where the pastor has a biblical worldview," he continued, "most of the congregants do not. More than six out of every seven congregants in the typical church do not share the biblical worldview of their pastor even when he or she has one. This intimates that merely preaching good sermons and offering helpful programs does not enable most believers to develop a practical and scriptural theological base to shape their life. Our research among people who have a biblical worldview shows that it is a long-term process that requires a lot of purposeful activity: teaching, prayer, conversation, accountability, and so forth. Based on our correlations of worldview and moral behavior, we can confidently argue that if the 51% of pastors who have a biblical worldview were to strategically and relentlessly assist their congregants in adopting such a way of interpreting and responding to life, the impact on our churches, families and society at-large would be enormous."

I actually have followed George Barna's research for a few years now and it is all solid as far as I can see, I started following the studies and researching them after IRead one of his books Transforming children into Spiritual Champions. I think it would be faulty to say that only writers in the 1800 or early 1900 hundreds have any validity outside of the bible. That would be like saying the only music that really matters in regards to Christianity are the old hymns (which I do not believe should buried at all because they are extremely important even today).

My first point in creating this thread is for those who are not aware of what their worldview is in the first place. Once we are aware of what our worldview is we can start refiltering if need be through the word of God.

If I saw a hitchhiker in sever weather circumstances or miles away from civilization, I'd report it to the police with a cell phone call, they would send a patrol and pick the guy up. Help would be given and everyone kept safe.

I have actually done that!

abc, another note on the Barna Group. I wish I owned the book so I could reference it but it was borrowed from a pastor's wife, and also with the recommendation of my own pastor and his wife who are very bible based in everything they say and do. Anyhow, I emailed the barna group and got a personal response back "everyone who works at The Barna Group is a Christian. We pray corporately at our staff meetings on Monday morning. The Lord is in our daily language. Personally, much of my daily work is talking

to pastors all over the country. " If you are wondering how they define christian that can be found among their many research projects because in order to get accurate data they get very specific with how it is defined.

I actually have followed George Barna's research for a few years now and it is all solid as far as I can see, I started following the studies and researching them after IRead one of his books Transforming children into Spiritual Champions. I think it would be faulty to say that only writers in the 1800 or early 1900 hundreds have any validity outside of the bible. That would be like saying the only music that really matters in regards to Christianity are the old hymns (which I do not believe should buried at all because they are extremely important even today).

My first point in creating this thread is for those who are not aware of what their worldview is in the first place. Once we are aware of what our worldview is we can start refiltering if need be through the word of God.

abc, another note on the Barna Group. I wish I owned the book so I could reference it but it was borrowed from a pastor's wife, and also with the recommendation of my own pastor and his wife who are very bible based in everything they say and do. Anyhow, I emailed the barna group and got a personal response back "everyone who works at The Barna Group is a Christian. We pray corporately at our staff meetings on Monday morning. The Lord is in our daily language. Personally, much of my daily work is talking

to pastors all over the country. " If you are wondering how they define christian that can be found among their many research projects because in order to get accurate data they get very specific with how it is defined.

I was just trying to find out what they believe.

I could not find it on the site.