Sign in to follow this  
usmcmrs

Roll call: Where is everyone from?

I thought maybe we could do a roll call and see where everyone is living, we may be next door to each other and never know it.

My name is Kelly and I am living in Milford, MA

We are currently living just on the line of Portland and Beaverton, Oregon. We will only be here until end of February (we moved here from Lititz, Pennsylvania in March). In end of February we will be moving to Gresham, Oregon until August 2010, then we should be moving to California, but there has been some recent talk of sending us to Michigan or back to Virginia, so we'll have to wait and see till closer to the time. My husband has to travel for his job, so far we have lived in Virginia, North Carolina, PA (of course, we are both from Pa anyway to begin with but his job took us to different parts of the state), and now we here in Oregon.

Hey Momwithaplan, I was born and raised in Phoenix and just moved from Yuma, AZ to Milford, MA. All our family is back in AZ.....we miss it!

Hi!

I am living in Perth, Western Australia. I have two sons. The older one is 8 years old and the younger one is 3 years old. I am stay-at-home mom. God bless.

Becky84,

I am originally from Lititz, PA-I love Maryland and Delaware and miss it terribly, we used to go for drives down to Delaware and Maryland often and of course vacation at your beaches (Rehobeth & Dewey in Delaware, and Ocean City, Maryland) every summer! Oregon Coast has nothing on you-these beaches are freezing!!! Anyway just want you to know I may on the West for now-but I am in the East in my heart!!! There is talk we may be sent to Virginia next Autumn, so we will see, I may be back East sooner then I thought I would. There is also talk of Michigan or California so we will see what God has planned and go where He sends us! In the meantime-Praise God you are on the East-it is WAY BETTER!!!

LOL Diamond ring. I was reading your post and I have the opposite thing going on here. We are originally from Arizona, but I have lived in Oregon and California and we were sent to live in Milford, MA just a few months ago and I'm thinking, the west is way better be thankful your there. Guess it's all in our heads. I am so nervous about the snow, and the weather is so unpredictable it sometimes drives me crazy. Plus the ONLY town in MA to have a water issue is of course the town we were sent to. For the last week and a half they have not been able to come up with tests that show the E-coli they found has cleared up. So on top of the humidity, we have to boil water to do dishes, brush our teeth, drink, etc. But, god has me here for a reason right?

I never had water problems, but I never actually lived in Maryland, I lived in Pennsylvania and in Virginia, only visited Maryland and Delaware, and we were always in hotels! I just miss being able to spend the day at the beach in a bathing suit-we need to be in jeans and sweatshirts with a fire pit (of course you can't do a fire pit on the East)to stay warm!

Everyone we meet here seems to think we should feel very relieved to be on the West but we just do not like it at all, we like the East. I guess it is in what your familiar with. They are always saying how beautiful it is here, and I keep thinking, what Lititz and Lancaster County Area is so much prettier than this. I suppose it is what is home to you and having that comfy cozy at Home feeling!We are thankful to have the opportunity to see our Nation's different regions though, I am sorry if I complain too much! You are right, God has us here for a reason! Both of us!

I think it depends too on exactly where you live in a region; here in MD we have a little bit of everything -- mountains where it's cold, beaches where it's hot, city life, country life, etc... I guess that's why they call it little America. But since I've never lived anywhere else, I can't really compare. I do have to say though, that I could never live in Texas. I went to San Antonio to watch my husband graduate, and the humidity would just crush you like a wet blanket right around 6 in the morning. It was crazy hot and humid ALL THE TIME. I don't know how he made it through basic training down there in the summer.

I thought maybe we could do a roll call and see where everyone is living, we may be next door to each other and never know it.

My name is Kelly and I am living in Milford, MA

Hi Im Geri, Im from Michigan:o

Giarmo, you're doing just fine, welcome!

Becky 84- I loved San Antonio! I went to visit my husband at the same base although he was there as a Marine, his MOS school happened to be at Lackland. Course, when I came through, my husband had told me the humidity was bad and to pack shorts and tank tops, which I did. When I got to town for a weekend visit, I happened to arrive at the same time as a tropical storm. It poured the whole time and all I had was shorts and tank tops. I still had a nice weekend, we hope to get back there some day.

I am from Patterson Georgia (waycross area). Just moved back "home" from Hinesville/Ft. Stewart Georgia... a big 45 minute move! LOL

Hi anyone out there this morning

Im new and i am not sure im doing this right

I am from Michigan and its rainy this morn and about 60 some, But Iam alive Praise the Lord

abc I and my family will be joining your great state in just 2 more months-at the end of April, though his work has not settled on what city yet, all we know is it might be Bakersfield or Sacramento.

reread my last post-After that last visit home-I am relieved now to be on The West Coast!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!