Sign in to follow this  
Suzanne

What time do you put your kids to bed?

What time do you put your kids to bed?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you put your kids to bed?

• 7:00pm
    • 7:30pm
    • 8:00pm
    • 8:30pm
    • 9:00pm
    • other, please specify

I put my 2 year old and 6 mo. old to bed at 8:30pm. (I wake the baby @10pm for a feeding.) My neighbor was shocked that they go to bed so late! I was just wondering when other children go to bed. Thanks for taking the poll!

When school started I moved 'bedtime' to 8 because my son has to catch the bus at a quater past 7. When we have my step son over we usually don't drop him off until 9 so it's 9:30 when they actually go to bed. I think they have only been a few times I ever got all the kids in bed by 8 though. With babies, they wake so often to eat I don't think it matters when they go to bed.... just so long as they go. :)

bed time

I like to get the 3 youngest off by 7:30 on school nights [ 16 mth - 4 y ] but the 9 yr gets to stay up a bit later , usually gets ready for bed with the others but doesn't have to have her light out for another hour or so. Fri , Sat and holiday nights are more flexible .

I did keep them up later as babies so that they would stay asleep all of MY night , if they went down too early then they would waken too early [ and I could cope better if my sleep wasn't disturbed]

A lot depends on when things happen in the home ie getting up , Daddy home from work , etc and where you live , some countries start work / life much earlier and go to bed correspondingly early.

The main thing is that they do sleep when you want them to and as often as they need .

W2

They all go to bed at 8:00 on school nights and

9:00 on weekends and holidays.

Even though my two youngest aren't yet in school they have to get up at the same time as their older siblings becouse I have to drive them to school. They have never taken a bus.

School starts at 8am, so we leave about 7:30am.

Bed Time

Maybe we should also say when the children GET UP in the morning. My 6 yo goes to bed about 7 pm and the 21 month old just after.

As they share a room they wake each other up at anything between 5 am and 6 so hence the early bed time. I have tried to put them down later and see if they would sleep in but it didnt work so ... off to bed they go!!! Isn't it a lovely time of day and arent they 'wee darlings' when they are asleep - we don't know what they are dreaming about though do we!!!!!!!!

Elis.

Just for the record, I heard on tv today that the McCaughy septuplets all go to bed at 7pm. They turn 5 today by the way.

I wish I could getmine to goto bed!! My 3 yr. old son usually "falls" asleep by 8:30 to 9:00 my daughter is in bed between 8:30 & 9:00, but my other son who is 5 is up till whenever, which was never a big deal till this year, he is in kindergarten. They do not get on the bus untill 8:45.

I wish I could get him to go, I have tried everything but nothing works. Now on the other hand,their dad is asleep by 7:00 which makes it very interesting around here!

If anyone has advice on how to get the boys to bed, please tell me!!

Bedtime

I normally start putting my kids to bed at 8:30pm but they don't fall asleep til about 9:00 or 9:30pm. Sometimes they have a hard time winding down since dh makes it home sometimes at 7pm and they want to see him before sleeping.

Shawnee

Mom to Karsten 6, Dalton 4, Maguire 3, Liam 18 months, and Kiefer 2 months

My boys are almost 4 and 2 1/2. They both go to bed between 7:30 and 8pm. They usually wake up about the same time. I have a couple of good sleepers on my hands. :)

guess I'm blessed in this area

Our daughter is 5 months old. When she was a month old, she began falling asleep at around 10pm and slept until about 6am. She now goes to bed about 9 or 9:30 and sleeps until between 7:30 and 8:30. Every now and again, she'll sleep until 9 or 9:30am (like this morning)....that's usually due to having a rough night the night before with her teeth (her 2 bottom front ones are coming in...and that was the case last night).

Don't really matter when she hits the hay, as long as she does. She'll be homeschooled, so though she'll still have a schooling schedule it's going to be more flexible than public/private schooled. Besides, Daddy and I are night owls....always have been....we aren't in bed until at least midnight every night and up around 7:30/8:30 every morning.

They both go to bed at 9 every night, with extremely rare exception. Kera will wake up at 7:30 for school, but Brandy still wakes up 3 or 4 times a night.. ugh ;p

My son is going to be 2 in Feb. and he goes to bed between 5:30 and 6:30. This week he hasn't been taking his naps so he's been going to bed at 5 (he's gone to bed at that time since he was very young--he used to get up at 6). Now he wakes up around 7-7:30.

We always get told that we put him to bed too early, but he's ready and he'll ask to be put to bed if we keep him up too long :) It's nice for my hubby and I b/c it gives us time to be alone together. My dh goes to work at 5:30 so he goes to bed at 9 :)

I have found that a routine helps with bedtime no matter how early or late. My girls (almost 7 and almost 10) go to bed at 8:30, I read a children's devotional to them and then they can watch TV until 9. They both love Full House. My son who it almost 3 is another story, he is a work in progress. He likes to snuggle and watch Nemo. I don't let them watch much TV during the day so a little before bed helps them unwind. I enjoy the snuggling as well. I am a single Mom so I do it on my own which makes it difficult at times. I pray daily for God's strength and widsom! Smiles, Dawn

(Hi, I'm new)

Well I have a 4yr old and a 2yr old. We try to get bedtime going around 8:00-8:15...but usually they don't go to sleep for while no matter what we do. In the winter we would have them go to bed at 8:30 and they wouldn't get up until about 8:00 or later in the mornings...but now since spring started they usually get up at 6:00am/7:00am (varies), usually no later than 6:30am for the younger one. They still take a two hour nap during the day so once they no longer need a nap time, I am not certain if bedtime will remain the same. The hardest part about convincing them to go to bed at 8:00/8:15 in the summer time is that where we live there is still daylight outside.

I didn't know 8:00/8:30 was keeping kids up late, especially if they are nappers or don't have school but I don't know. *shrug*

My kids don't go to bed until 8-830 and usually aren't asleep for at least an hour. They take naps and seem to do fine with it. I didn't realize that was late either.

Mine go to bed early, my two year old is in bed no later then 7:30 and my one year old is in bed sometimes as early as 6 but usually 6:30. They both have slept through the night since they were very little, when they nursed I would get them up around 9:30 for their last nursing but now it's just mommy and daddy time!

During the summer I have my 5 and 9 year old go to bed around 9pm to 9:30pm. I allow my 12 year old to stay up until 12am if he wants as long as he is quiet and in his room.

Once school starts again, all kids will have an 8:30pm bedtime. Granted, on Wednesdays and Sunday nights they will generally go to bed around 9:30pm due to church and taking baths and such.

According to National Sleep Foundation, below is a basic guideline for sleep.

0 - 2 months should get 10.5 - 18 hours of sleep.

2 - 12 months should get 14 - 15 hours of sleep.

1 - 3 years should get 12 - 14 hours of sleep.

3 - 5 years should get 11 - 13 hours of sleep.

5 - 12 years should get 10 - 11 hours of sleep.

For more info and tips go to http://www.sleepforkids.org/html/sheet.html

I have 3 and 5 yr. old boys... I put them to bed @ 7:30... With a SHORT story each.. I have them sharing a room cause I Did :) ( my sister and I are b/f ) so by the time the stories are done and they have fallen asleep it's 8... my 5 yr. old is in all day kindergarten and it's a bit long for him.

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR THOUGHTS ON CHILDREN SLEEPING W/YOU?????

Both my kids slept in their beds until we moved cross country to a new hosue ( TWO YEARS AGO!!!!) and now they BOTH end up w/ us in the middle of the night.. we have tried everytime they come in putting them back in their own room but before we know it they are back w/ us. We've tried incentives.. if they are truly worried /scared OF COURSE they are welcome in our bed but just out of habit.. HOW DO WE BREAK THIS HABIT...

thank goodness for a king size bed

A.

My son is 3 1/2 months old. He eats at 8pm & then goes to bed about 9. He sleeps until between 7:30 & 8:00 almost every morning.

My son is 3, he goes to bed around 9-9:30. This is because I don't want him up before 7:30-8:00 a.m. Some days he also takes a 2 hour nap, but lately that's been less and less of the time. As far as children sleeping with parents, I say whatever works for you. When my son was nursing, it was LOTS easier for us, and I got SO MUCH more sleep. It was great. . .But if that doesn't work for you, that's fine too.

My 2 yr old goes to bed at 7:30. If I put her to bed any later, she wouldn't get up till 10:00. She generally plays in her bed for about an hour before sleeping though...i can hear her singign. The 2 month old is an entirely different story, but I won't do there...

My son is 13 months old and just recently I changed his bedtime from 8:00 to 7:30. When he went to bed at eight he slept well (10+ hours, no waking) but he would wake up grumpy. Since changing his bedtime, he sleeps even better (11-12 hours, no waking) and wakes up with a smile on his face. I think his internal clock just jives better with 7:30.

Laurie